Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Surprised that Rooney is on as long a goal drought he is on now (10 games).

Can't imagine Van Gaal dropping him as A.) no one else really to replace him with and B.) he's on £300k a WEEK and hence regarded as a 'star' player.

West Ham to become yet another side to drop a year after Allardyce leaves? Stranger things have happened. They look woeful. Said at the time that Arsenal result was more down to Arsenal being poor than West Ham being good.

The Sky wankfest does get boring but you've got to say Bournemouth looked bloody good at times on those highlights. Next week will not be an easy game.

Man Utd are so dull it's unreal. For the amount of money they've spent they're so boring as a team. They should be pushing the likes of Bayern and Barcelona with the kind of money they've spent but they can't even win at home to an awful Newcastle.

Fancy Man City to take Everton apart tomorrow. They look a mile ahead of their city rivals based on early form.

Sako looked pretty solid. Seeing as we have a lack of wingers / wide players, perhaps it wasn't a bad idea.

Agree with this, but with our current set up of Mahrez and Albrighton on the wings, I don't think he would get many minutes. Could see him being a pouter in that case.

West Ham look in trouble.

I can't recollect seeing a side carved open like they were today. Bournemouth could have had 7 or 8 goals. West Ham fans..be careful what you wish for..

If West Ham get relegated, what with the move to the new stadium, it will be disastrous for them.

So is this "The West Ham way"? lol

West Ham and Sunderland look piss poor so far. Villa not too much better

Tail wags the dog at west ha! They have like us in the past see sawed between the prem and the championship! !you effectively "sack" your manager for finishing halfway then get new manager new players new style off football in and think it's nailed on top half......! Billic won't get any slack cus he played for them!!curbishley took them on similar run to us last 9 games .kept them up! And got sacked early following season when they were fourth...and he played for them back in the day as well!!

West Ham will be fine in the end I think. Yesterday three of the four goals were down to uncharacteristic individual errors from Cresswell and Jenkinson. Reminded me of us in our bad run, but with goals. Cresswell in particular had a nightmare. That's not going to happen every week. They might flirt with relegation a bit but they'll be fine, there's enough about that team.

West Ham will be fine in the end I think. Yesterday three of the four goals were down to uncharacteristic individual errors from Cresswell and Jenkinson. Reminded me of us in our bad run, but with goals. Cresswell in particular had a nightmare. That's not going to happen every week. They might flirt with relegation a bit but they'll be fine, there's enough about that team.

The old 'individual errors' debate again I see.

Like us last season, there is a reason why players make individual errors, especially when it happens uncharacteristically.

Pressure.... When put under lots of it, players who don't usually make errors, buckle.

Our individual errors mysteriously stopped last season when we signed Huth and bolstered the midfield. Before that, opposition attacking players cut through us like a knife through butter (one of the reasons why I said that Cambiasso had been over-rated) such that our defenders were put under so much pressure that they made errors.

The same thing is happening at West Ham. They look a side devoid of confidence, clearly set up in the wrong way and those players who last season were lauded as exceptional (especially Cresswell) are now looking very shaky. Cresswell is the same player as last season. Same with Jenkinson. They haven't changed. What has changed is how West Ham are setting up (oh, and the fact that Nolan started yesterday as a centre forward!) lol

Like us last season, there is a reason why players make individual errors, especially when it happens uncharacteristically.

Pressure.... When put under lots of it, players who don't usually make errors, buckle.

Our individual errors mysteriously stopped last season when we signed Huth and bolstered the midfield. Before that, opposition attacking players cut through us like a knife through butter (one of the reasons why I said that Cambiasso had been over-rated) such that our defenders were put under so much pressure that they made errors.

The same thing is happening at West Ham. They look a side devoid of confidence, clearly set up in the wrong way and those players who last season were lauded as exceptional (especially Cresswell) are now looking very shaky. Cresswell is the same player as last season. Same with Jenkinson. They haven't changed. What has changed is how West Ham are setting up (oh, and the fact that Nolan started yesterday as a centre forward!) lol

Partially true I guess, but the second goal especially wasn't down to pressure, it was shear stupidity from Cresswell. Similar to Konchesky v West Ham last year, he'll have passed the ball back to his keeper 1000's of times no matter the set up, but that time he ****ed it up. The point is there's enough in that West Ham team to iron out those errors and not be too much in the shit come May. Sounds daft for a team conceding 4, but I bet if you watched the whole game from yesterday they were largely solid, and but for a few brain farts wouldn't have conceded 4. It's not like they've been torn open at the back, or the whole back line have failed to mark people.

Except prior to the arrival of Huth, most goals we conceded came down the wings, which is why you were still wrong about it being Cambiassos fault. The problem we had with the individual errors wasn't too much pressure, if it was it'd have been the same suspects every week, Morgan would be solid one week then forget where his arse was the next, likewise Konchesky, Schmeichel, De Laet and practically everyone with a defensive responsibility - it was brain farts once a week by a different player each week getting punished.

They probably need him after watching Tottenham yesterday.

No probably about, Spurs need another striker. A lot of weight on Kane's shoulders at the minute. I don't think he'll be anywhere near what he was last year, so for him to be the only senior striker in the squad is asking for trouble.

Archived