Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Sure, but how many strikers, who have never had a good season at the level below have gone on to be a success in the premier league?

Genuine question, i can't think of any.

People like Holt, Lambert, Vardy scrambled around the lower leagues most of their careers but at least had one good season at Championship level before making the step up.

I'd have to think about that one mate.

I'm not saying you're wrong, of course, just that sometimes the players who we look at and think 'no way!' Surprise us..

I think a few suggested that Troy Deeney (at the end of the 2013/2014 season) would no way be able to make the step up (when we were linked with him).

Personally, I think he's going to score goals next season. I do admit though he's much better than Josh King.

Signing Blackburn's 3rd best striker is hardly a statement of intent, even if it is as backup

Could be that Howe has seen something in him, with him being on a free and them having lots of cash they can take a punt and have a closer look. It's not like we've never done the same. The lad might be nowhere near the first team.

First post: "Good signing IMO, young, pacey and an eye for a goal."

Eye for a goal? His goalscoring record is terrible.

Trevor Benjamin had an eye for goal... one was looking at our goal and the other our oppositions.

Finn Claw II       Leeds, watched a game on my own in a pub 3-2 loss, in 2004. We went two nil down pulled it back to 2-2 then lost 3-2. When they scored the winning goal the three Leeds fans in there surrounded me and screamed in my face. Nobbers. 

To be fair though when our second goal went in you did get your kn0b out and shook it at the Leeds fans singing '2-0 and you fvcked it up'  :ph34r:  ;)

Trevor Benjamin had an eye for goal... one was looking at our goal and the other our oppositions.

lol

Not sure if I've ever told this story before.....

Myself and Mrs Col decided to take a Winter trip to the Algarve, years ago.

As we were boarding the plane, who should get on but Micky Adam's Leicester squad at that time. Apologies, I can't remember the year. I'm pretty sure I'd seen Scowcroft drinking in the bar before boarding...

Anyway, I sat bang opposite to one Trevor Benjamin. He'd brought his laptop with him and was watching a movie or summat on it. Quite literally, he was having to lift the screen to his face, squinting, because I assumed, he couldn't see it!!

It was an early morning flight and the blinds were down, so I doubt it was due to light shining on the screen.

lol lol

True story that...and he was one of our strikers!

atsu lol 

terrraaaaa bournemouth  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

hope they break derby's record and they're well on their way to do so as well if these signings are a sign of things to come. 

atsu lol

terrraaaaa bournemouth  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

hope they break derby's record and they're well on their way to do so as well if these signings are a sign of things to come. 

Atsu on loan is not going to damage them at all. He'll either come good (and by all accounts that could be very very good) or he'll warm the bench til he's sent back...

lol This should be in the cliches thread. Such a pointless phrase.

It's a way of anyone saying 'he'll score goals' whilst being able to backtrack fairly easily if they don't.

atsu lol

terrraaaaa bournemouth :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Scouse me old mate.

You're a good lad... and a good laff I suspect. But I've mentioned this 'all or nothing' thing with you before.

Remember when you were laughing your head off at Schlupp earlier in the season, really saying that nothing would come of him?

Well you're doing it again mate.

Don't just bin Bournemouth before you see how they are gonna play, how their new signings fit in to their style etc..

Give it a bit of time buddy. Slow down a bit mate.

Archived