Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Bern pretty good for us not making many many mistakes.

Very good shot stopper and generally pretty calm under pressure which was his problem at Spurs and mistakes are punished more at the top level.

How do you think he will do back in the Prem? As you say (and as we found out) mistakes are punished more, and more quickly, at the top level. Are you likely to add more Italian loanees or some real signings?

How do you think he will do back in the Prem? As you say (and as we found out) mistakes are punished more, and more quickly, at the top level. Are you likely to add more Italian loanees or some real signings?

Thought in the prem you could only have 2 loan players.

They would get round it by signing the players for a nominal fee - success in the Premier League (ie. staying up) is worth far more financially than anything Udinese could achieve in Italy. I wouldn't be surprised if Watford get some of their best players

You can have 2 domestic loans but not from the same club and you can effectively have unlimited foreign loans as long as you have 8 homegrown players in the 25 man squad

You can have 2 domestic loans but not from the same club and you can effectively have unlimited foreign loans as long as you have 8 homegrown players in the 25 man squad

Be 17 on loan then for watford.

I've never been sure what Cleverley is meant to be. He doesn't score enough to be an attack minded midfielder, doesn't pass well enough or is creative enough to be a playmaker and he's not good enough in the tackle to be a holding midfielder. He's a nothing.

I've never been sure what Cleverley is meant to be. He doesn't score enough to be an attack minded midfielder, doesn't pass well enough or is creative enough to be a playmaker and he's not good enough in the tackle to be a holding midfielder. He's a nothing.

He's an enigma.

When he started out and went on loan to Watford, and us, he looked like a super player. He definitely had an eye for goal and got forward like an attacking midfielder.

Now he looks like he can't shoot for shite, isn't an exceptional passer of the ball and isn't a DM.

As you say it's hard to define his role and his position.

I do however have a sneaky feeling he's going to look good for Martinez.

Didn't Sherwood say he expected Cleverley to sign for them if the player wanted a place in the cup final team.

Sherwood probably said it a little tongue in cheek but that said I would expect him to be a little p~ssed off with this decision

I can't help but think Aston Villa struggle next season. With or without Benteke.

They struggle every year, god knows how they manage to survive every year, they've got to go sooner or later surely?!

I know we were in a serious relegation battle this[last] season but that was to be expected, it is to be expected we'll be in one next season (Albeit hopefully abit more comfortable - as comfortable as a relegation battle can be :unsure:) but Villa are a 'massive' club if you listen to some of their fans, delusions of grandeur springs to mind.

Villa are a modern day Coventry, Coventry we're consistantly in a relegation battle year after year after year but managed to survive, just, every year.

It certainly is P-Ronnz.

lol

On a separate note I really think Aston Villa will struggle next season. It looks like Benteke will go but I think an even more important player for then is Ron Vlaar, if they lose him they lose their best defender by a mile, he wants out too by all accounts.

If they lose their 2 best players they will really struggle imho. I also think, as we saw after a while at Spurs, Sherwood is actually pretty limited.

Cleverley is the perfect example of why English players are largely shit. Get schooled so much to play the simple ball and just show no initiative or flair. He's just a nothing footballer which is ashame because he looked promising when he was down here

They struggle every year, god knows how they manage to survive every year, they've got to go sooner or later surely?!

I know we were in a serious relegation battle this[last] season but that was to be expected, it is to be expected we'll be in one next season (Albeit hopefully abit more comfortable - as comfortable as a relegation battle can be :unsure:) but Villa are a 'massive' club if you listen to some of their fans, delusions of grandeur springs to mind.

Villa are a modern day Coventry, Coventry we're consistantly in a relegation battle year after year after year but managed to survive, just, every year.

A decade a go Villa were like the almost team, they would be banging on the door of the champions league but just couldn't quite get there. Villa have declined since MON left, since then lack of interest from Lerner as caused Villa to collapse. Spurs are currently like what Villa use to be.

A decade a go Villa were like the almost team, they would be banging on the door of the champions league but just couldn't quite get there. Villa have declined since MON left, since then lack of interest from Lerner as caused Villa to collapse. Spurs are currently like what Villa use to be.

But I understand a majority of Villa fans weren't happy with MON, they wanted rid of him.

Careful what you wish for is the moral of the story I guess.

Archived