Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC U21 / Development Squad Stuff it in here.

You'd hope that the example of Vardy would be enough to get their heads straight. Shame.

You would do but kids make very poor and immature life choices at that age, there needs to be so much more education and direction from parents and the clubs to keep them focused. At 16-18 they'll be earning 5-10 times more than their mates even on youth contracts and they'll be blegging about in cars none of their mates can have and birds will be all over them, they'll be out on the piss and wanting to lap it up.

I wonder if this is one reason why a lot of English Academy kids fail, whereas foreigners going through the academy system seem to be more successful.

It's just too easy to become privileged and think you've made it when you have been touted as the next big thing and nurtured from a young age by a club of this  stature.

Went last night, none of the defence will be making the step up anytime soon, Benalouane showed signs of class in the first half, looked lazy in the second & got booked for a reckless challenge. Elliott Moore is the worst defender I've ever seen, his mistakes were laughable.

Matty James looked decent in terms of passing & link play, tracking back he looked off the pace at times.

Finally I thought Nathan Dyer looked average, has pace but that's about it.

Went last night, none of the defence will be making the step up anytime soon, Benalouane showed signs of class in the first half, looked lazy in the second & got booked for a reckless challenge. Elliott Moore is the worst defender I've ever seen, his mistakes were laughable.

Matty James looked decent in terms of passing & link play, tracking back he looked off the pace at times.

Finally I thought Nathan Dyer looked average, has pace but that's about it.

Even though he got the 2 assists  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So... umm... we lost 6-1 to Man Utd last night... not that it matters much but seems to have got lost in all the excitement....

To be fair even the OS haven't done a report yet lol 

Don't know much other than Panayiotou scored for us. 

So... umm... we lost 6-1 to Man Utd last night... not that it matters much but seems to have got lost in all the excitement....

God what has happened to the u21s this season?

Here's the match details from Manchester Evening News. Nick Powell got a couple.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-u21s-6-1-10598008

Archived