Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC U21 / Development Squad Stuff it in here.

Damn right - bet that freezer has something to do with it, well good investment

Just send them to iceland to do some shopping. save a few bob. Could get some of that quality kebab meat whilst they are at it...

What happened to Hamza Choudhury? Hasn't played with the U21's in some time?

He thinks he has arrived and has gone all big time Charlie

You can probably guess what Beaglehole thinks of that so he has been dropped

Good old Agents getting young lads on decent wages but forgetting to tell them they have to actually work to earn it

He thinks he has arrived and has gone all big time Charlie

You can probably guess what Beaglehole thinks of that so he has been dropped

Good old Agents getting young lads on decent wages but forgetting to tell them they have to actually work to earn it

Is Layton progressing as quick as the club had hoped? He was heralded by people I know as the best youngster we'd had in decades when he was about 15.

Is Layton progressing as quick as the club had hoped? He was heralded by people I know as the best youngster we'd had in decades when he was about 15.

No

Going down a similar path to Hamza if he isn't very careful

Some would argue it's too easy to blame young lads and the Club should do more to "protect" them

Thoughts ?

No

Some would argue it's too easy to blame young lads and the Club should do more to "protect" them

Thoughts ?

Maybe we should break their hearts and tell them that they're useless and suggest they give Stocksbridge Steels a go. Then re-sign them a few years later when they've discovered a hunger for the game and that normal jobs are crap compared to playing football for a living.

What do you reckon?

No

Thoughts ?

Always difficult with that age group in any walk of life. If you overprotect them it can be more detrimental than what's happening now.

I know they've been surrounded by the football lifestyle for years, so you'd expect a higher level of maturity, but i can understand why they think they've made it. Fancy training 100 yards away from a team that's second in the Premier League while the rest of your age group are playing video games and watching YouTube videos.

That being said, it can all be taken away very quickly. My old teachers used to say it about the fact that I went to a Grammar: "you need to work to the best of your ability because there are queues of kids who want and deserve the opportunity that you've been given". I hope their immaturity irons out because they'll be kicking themselves if they cock it up.

No

Thoughts ?

Real shame

You can have all the ability in the world, but if you don't want it, you'll get nowhere.

No

Thoughts ?

That is a real shame, i'm not sure what the best way to deal with kids like this. Our academy doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders this year and you've alluded to some prospective changes needing to be made on the coaching/management side?

Archived