Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Would You Be Happy To Finish Fourteenth Next Season?

Just had a chat with a baggie about next season.

Level playing field squads as we finished where do we finish.

She knows her onions and could name our squad I could not name theres lol.

Without a change in any sqaud she thinks we would do 10th and them in 12th.

She also wants NP as manager.

14th yes. 17th.maybe. I am greedy and expect more, but much depends on performances, and improvement scales.

The squad will change, much depends who, goes, who stays and who we get in.

Just no repeats of long runs without pts. 14th with 48pts I'll take.

17th with 34-36pts would be a failure.

I was always behind Pearson, I expect we will struggle, but I expect improvement.

Funny game..if we would of gone down, I would still have supported Pearson, next season continual bottom four, my opinion

will change.

I'd take 13th if offered to me, I would like to see us progress every year. That being said, 17th and a trip to Wembley would do me nicely!

But there comes a point where you just can't progress any more, every team can't improve year on year.

14th next season, hell yes I'd take it right now, not arsed about cup runs, league status means a lot more to a club like ours.

I'd take 13th if offered to me, I would like to see us progress every year. That being said, 17th and a trip to Wembley would do me nicely!

Would take a safe 14th over a risky 17th and a cup final.

Cup finals will come safty first 

Yep-if we play good football and enjoy some decent results.

In 5 years time (max) this season will be remembered for three things only:

1. Esteban Cambiasso played for Leicester

2. Leicester 5-3 Man U

3. The miracle escape

Quite happy in 14th playing good stuff-better than playing dull crap and finishing 12th.

Yep a few years of just finding our feet in this league is just fine by me. Would be nice to not have to look at the relegation zone all season though. Target should be to stay out of the bottom three for as long as possible. And obviously be well away from it at the end.

Yep-if we play good football and enjoy some decent results.

In 5 years time (max) this season will be remembered for three things only:

1. Esteban Cambiasso played for Leicester

2. Leicester 5-3 Man U

3. The miracle escape

Quite happy in 14th playing good stuff-better than playing dull crap and finishing 12th.

Just about sums it up for me, although I would like us to finish at least 13th just so that Pearson can continue his record of taking us to a higher finishing position than the previous season. Personally I think we will finish 12th, based solely on the number of teams who I think are weaker than us.

After this season feel we would all be happy with 17th but hopefully push on from this season. For me the EPL has mini divisions within it. A top 4 of Man Utd,Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea, then 2 of Liverpool and Spurs, then 6 of Soton,Swansea,Stoke,West Ham, Everton, Palace, and then 8 of WBA,City,Newcastle,Sunderland,Villa,Hull,QPR and Burnley based on this season.

Next season Watford,Bournemouth and Norwich replace the relegated sides and IMHO go straight into the bottom mini league with a fair bet at least 2 will go down. If it hadn't have been for a comedy own goal against WBA we would have finished above them and personally do not rate Newcastle, Sunderland or Villa and they would need a serious overhaul of players to concern me. Pulis will have WBA playing a certain way and think we can do better than them, think Swansea and Palace punched above their weight last season, Everton had a poor season but are no great shakes, Stoke were steady Soton had a great season and West Ham seem to think they are far better than they really are, for me can we push up into the next mini league and challenge?

Probably our worst performances of the season were away at Swansea and Soton, equally 2 of our most comfortable wins were the reserve fixtures and maybe Swansea and Stoke fans see their visit to the KP as their worst performances of the season, so on that we could break into the next mini league and i think that is what we should aim for. The right influx of new players should help that but lets not forget all the other teams are also looking to recruit and improve. This summer will be interesting and hopefully NP does his dealings early like he normally tries to.

I'm with Hackney.

I really want us to push on following the fantastic finish of last season.

I'd like us to progress in a cup competition for sure.

A lot of people compare Pearson favourably with MON. I don't think O'Neil ever finished lower than 10th? with City. So let's emulate that, at least.

I'd like some quality additions and a really good season next term.

If we improved on our 41 points (for all we know the league could be of harder quality next season) and had two decent cup runs then yes, I'd take it. It shows establishment and consolidation. I'd want to push on to around 11th the next season though.

Archived