Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Would You Be Happy To Finish Fourteenth Next Season?

I'm with Hackney.

I really want us to push on following the fantastic finish of last season.

I'd like us to progress in a cup competition for sure.

A lot of people compare Pearson favourably with MON. I don't think O'Neil ever finished lower than 10th? with City. So let's emulate that, at least.

I'd like some quality additions and a really good season next term.

I agree up to a point, Col, but if we finish 14th again, it will demonstrate that we have "bedded in," and then can work our way higher, in the season's to come.

i'd take 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th. anything that doesn't involve us being relegated. 

i'd also happily take an exact copy of this season. yes the middle was completely depressing but the last 2 months or so has been the most fun, on and off the pitch, i've ever had supporting us. if being crap for a bit means we all rally round and make every game so much more fun than finishing mid table then i'd take being crap for a bit. 

If we struggle to stay up then it will be more difficult to attract decent players. We need to be looking for a mid table finish and then hope to kick on and look for a european position the following season.

I know I'm expecting too much but there's no point in being a football fan if you don't have hope and expectations.

I think we have a good squad capable of staying up next year but i wont say we should expect much more. With a few decent signings i could see us doing about the same or in the 45 point range. Hopefully we can at least make it to a quarter or semi final in a cup.

I'd be happier if we get more points than 41 and finish lower than 14th than getting less than 41 yet finishing higher. The former illustrates progression.

Yes.

Shows that we've stablized ourselves from last season (as we finished in this same position) and it would help in the long-term; being like a 'yo-yo' club, that's been different positions doesn't add stability that's needed for a club that wants to progress.

If we struggle to stay up then it will be more difficult to attract decent players. We need to be looking for a mid table finish and then hope to kick on and look for a european position the following season.

I know I'm expecting too much but there's no point in being a football fan if you don't have hope and expectations.

Having hope is one thing, not being happy with a decent positional finish in only our second year back is another.

I'll be frigging over the moon with 14th, because the seriously ridiculous cash kicks in the year after and that after two years of investment will give us an absolutely huge chance of establishing ourselves in the top flight. Those coming up will have the same to spend, but they will be two years behind us in investment and will have probably been sticking to FFP rules of much lower spending. With that extra money we could get in some real top quality.

Archived