Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Would You Be Happy To Finish Fourteenth Next Season?

A lot of people talking about yes, but with a cup run or Wembley appearance would do well to look at the league positions of the the likes of Portsmouth, Cardiff, Wigan, Hull, Villa.... and be careful what they wish for.

Stoke got to a final, but had established themselves well in the league, before opening up another front, that could see a squad without years of sustainable investment relegated

And anyone who talks about MoN, is talking baloney!!!! the league is very different now to then

I don't think position is too important as long as we're top 17. I'd like to see us get 45-50 points, preferably evenly throughout the season so we are always relatively comfortable. Takes more than one season to consolidate prem status.

Next 2 seasons,..stay up, stay up...then top 12, then top ten. Thhhheeen and then top 8 ambitions.

In reality no matter what happens.... deep into my twilight years, I am one of those crazy, grandad-boys who will die a, in for the haul foxes fan, and Tigers in my blood ,with some testosteron left over for Dortmund.

there's no point in being a football fan if you don't have hope and expectations.

Agreed (and I'm not aiming this at you) but I think expectations have to be relatively realistic. 

We stayed up with a game to spare (and eventually 6 points clear of trouble) in a division we haven't been in for 10 years with a manager in his first season at that level and some still can't give him credit. I struggle to understand that. I'd take 14th if offered now but would ideally like higher and more than 41 points. Let's not try and run before we can properly walk.

Yes.

Balance it out - We didn't win for 13 but won 7 out of 9. If you combine the two it's the equivalent of winning every other game, which we'd have settled for last time and would again.

I said 14th at the start of last season and 12th to 14th again is progress. Stoke, Swansea, Southampton have built year-on-year and we need to do the same.

Think some people are being a bit unrealistic saying they won't be happy unless we finish top 10. Be realistic, just because we scraped survival first season and stayed up doesn't mean anything. New season, new start, I think the clubs main priority will be to stay up but in a more comfortable fashion, that would be progress.

Think some people are being a bit unrealistic saying they won't be happy unless we finish top 10. Be realistic, just because we scraped survival first season and stayed up doesn't mean anything. New season, new start, I think the clubs main priority will be to stay up but in a more comfortable fashion, that would be progress.

Surely staying up in a "more comfortable position" could easily be 10th given our run over the final 9 games.

Personally, I don't think that is being unrealistic at all and quite within our sights. It's seems to me a question of being positive or negative.

Surely staying up in a "more comfortable position" could easily be 10th given our run over the final 9 games.

Personally, I don't think that is being unrealistic at all and quite within our sights. It's seems to me a question of being positive or negative.

Staying up in a more comfortable position would mean not being bottom of the table for 140 days or whatever it was. It's about have consistency over the course of the season, not just a wonderful flurry in the last nine games. 

I'm not being negative I'm being realistic, I would love us to finish top 10 but we have a lot of work to do. I'm just saying lets not get ahead of ourselves, small steps.

It's certainly achievable with a few quality additions and a more consistent run of results. I just hope people don't have their expectations clouded by our extraordinary run in the last 9 games

It's certainly achievable with a few quality additions and a more consistent run of results. I just hope people don't have their expectations clouded by our extraordinary run in the last 9 games

Exactly. If we played like that all season we would be in contention for champions league  lol

Exactly so.

Archived