Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Your argument just doesn't stand up though. I'm sorry as I don't want to argue but I am so passionate about this because it is a strategic decision close to the types of strategies I develop and have done for 25 years. On each occasion, I carefully study all the factors, have a team of accountants develop various financial models to develop a list of options that I then progress until I am in a position to make a recommendation. 9 times out of 10, all this detailed market and financial analysis, business case building, risk analysis simply proves what I expected it to prove when I started the process off because I've learnt a great deal over the last 25 years and my initial fag packet maths normally stands up to the scrutiny of detailed financial modelling. ( The 1/10 i'm wrong I'm not far off) However, my area of business is far more complex than this. This is a no brainer. If we stand still now, we will get overtake and certainly won't edge closer to those ahead of us!!

I'm not going to repeat everything I've already posted but will address the new point you raise which is your last paragraph. You seem to suggest that the extra seats will either be for elite fans and cost more money or you are suggesting that the cost of seats will be driven upwards if we expand. To be honest I'm not sure what you are trying to suggest any more

32k seats and 32k+ want them = a sellers market. Adding seats should not drive up price and the price will need to be set at a level that people will buy them, whether they want prawn Sarnies or a Pukka pie!

couple of quotes for you....

- Failure is not fatal but failure to change might be! John Wooden

- Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins.Charles Stanley

- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

- Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

but most importantly

- I'm comfortable with my body but I don't like my bum - I think it's too big. - Jennifer Ellison

Great post again Baggers

Your argument just doesn't stand up though. I'm sorry as I don't want to argue but I am so passionate about this because it is a strategic decision close to the types of strategies I develop and have done for 25 years. On each occasion, I carefully study all the factors, have a team of accountants develop various financial models to develop a list of options that I then progress until I am in a position to make a recommendation. 9 times out of 10, all this detailed market and financial analysis, business case building, risk analysis simply proves what I expected it to prove when I started the process off because I've learnt a great deal over the last 25 years and my initial fag packet maths normally stands up to the scrutiny of detailed financial modelling. ( The 1/10 i'm wrong I'm not far off) However, my area of business is far more complex than this. This is a no brainer. If we stand still now, we will get overtake and certainly won't edge closer to those ahead of us!!

I'm not going to repeat everything I've already posted but will address the new point you raise which is your last paragraph. You seem to suggest that the extra seats will either be for elite fans and cost more money or you are suggesting that the cost of seats will be driven upwards if we expand. To be honest I'm not sure what you are trying to suggest any more

32k seats and 32k+ want them = a sellers market. Adding seats should not drive up price and the price will need to be set at a level that people will buy them, whether they want prawn Sarnies or a Pukka pie!

couple of quotes for you....

- Failure is not fatal but failure to change might be!  John Wooden

- Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins.Charles Stanley

- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

- Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

but most importantly

- I'm comfortable with my body but I don't like my bum - I think it's too big. - Jennifer Ellison

Thank you very much for those quotations. Why not put them on posters?

My argument is very simple.

1. I am not against extra capacity per se but I do not believe that additional seating is a priority, improving the playing squad is.

2. Any additional capacity will benefit those with deep pockets.

Thank you very much for those quotations. Why not put them on posters?

My argument is very simple.

1. I am not against extra capacity per se but I do not believe that additional seating is a priority, improving the playing squad is.

2. Any additional capacity will benefit those with deep pockets.

so you didn't read any of my posts - Playing squad is a priority but the money we need to buy it comes from revenue. Expanding the stadium can be done without reducing spend on the playing squad as the money can come from the wider group without breaching fair play rules.

1]Today you improve the squad

2] today you also build extra seats

2 doesn't limit 1

tomorrow you have more money than today to spend on players as within fair play rules you have more revenue generated from the extra seats (whoever is sat in them)

my previous post answered your deep pockets suggestion too so I need new reasons you have yet to provide before you will convince me I'm wrong. In the meantime I'll stick to Abraham Lincoln's quote though I don't suggest you do as your feet aren't in the right place.

And to be quite honest I don't agree with all the quotes anyway!!!!!  I think Jennifer's bum is just fine they way it is!!!  :)

They say it's better to regret the things you have done than regret the things you haven't.

If having a 42000 stadium gives us a chance to look a more attractive club than those who have 32000 capacities, which is quite a few, we should think about taking the plunge.

Clearly there is always the threat of relegation but if we continue to be managed as we are, our best days may yet still be in front of us!

The longest spell we have ever had in the top flight is just 12 seasons, no wonder many of our supporters expect relegation sooner rather than later and hence don't feel the need to expand.

He who dares!

Well said Del!

Whatever we think and all the +'s and all the -'s it is all down to one family.

If you cup your ear and listen carefully you may just hear.

We do what we want

We do what we want

We own Leicester City

We do what we want.

They say it's better to regret the things you have done than regret the things you haven't.

If having a 42000 stadium gives us a chance to look a more attractive club than those who have 32000 capacities, which is quite a few, we should think about taking the plunge.

Clearly there is always the threat of relegation but if we continue to be managed as we are, our best days may yet still be in front of us!

The longest spell we have ever had in the top flight is just 12 seasons, no wonder many of our supporters expect relegation sooner rather than later and hence don't feel the need to expand.

He who dares!

Good post buddy

TBH how many teams stop in the top flight for long periods. There is Man Utd  Chelsea Arsenal of course but most of the PL teams have spent some time in lower divisions I'd say its 50/50 of teams that are pretty well assured of stopping up and the others fight over the bottom half.

imo i think we should build 52,00 stadium otherwise we'll get relegated, the big teams have hive  big stadiums, do you think man city would have signed aguero if they still played at maine road?

imo i think we should build 52,00 stadium otherwise we'll get relegated, the big teams have hive big stadiums, do you think man city would have signed aguero if they still played at maine road?

Surely we can fit 52 people in now?

If the two are connected and you only improve the stadium after you've improved the squad, then at which point do you decide the squad's good enough to improve the stadium?

Our squad will never, ever be perfect. Ever. We'll buy good players, existing ones will drop form or be sold, and they'll have to be replaced. We might have an excellent starting eleven, but not enough depth.

The two things aren't related, and what most people seem to be ignoring is that even if we start now, ground won't be broken until next summer. And if we're going down, it'll all be put on hold. I really can't see the negatives in it.

Archived