Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Fully in the expand ASAP camp now. Never missed out on a home game that I've wanted to go to, but feel for those who do.

Just hope we split the away fans across two tiers to disjoint their ability to sing in unison. L1 lads standing in front of executive boxes should be a laugh too.

I know it's been mentioned plenty of times, but the club more sort out extra land (ideally the spare land that's for sale) to accommodate extra cars on matchdays.

Every road seems packed with cars and causing jams in most areas nearby the ground.

Fully in the expand ASAP camp now. Never missed out on a home game that I've wanted to go to, but feel for those who do.

Just hope we split the away fans across two tiers to disjoint their ability to sing in unison. L1 lads standing in front of executive boxes should be a laugh too.

Goodpoint about the two tier idea

I know it's been mentioned plenty of times, but the club more sort out extra land (ideally the spare land that's for sale) to accommodate extra cars on matchdays.

Every road seems packed with cars and causing jams in most areas nearby the ground.

I'm sure stuff like this will be looked at aswell? :unsure:

On site car parking doesn't work though. Park and ride and/or a light railway to the back on the Kop is the only way. 

Whilst the clubs profile and status is currently so high we really have a unique golden opportunity here to grow our home fan base for future generations to come. Of course we will never be United and could get relegated next season but then again so could about 12 other clubs. All things considered a realistic and sensible plan would say increase our current capacity to around 40,000-42,000. Impossible to get tickets to home games so hope our astute owners have a plan. Regardless of how well we are doing and what division we are in hope they appreciate there are 1 Million people in Leicestershire and only 1 football club!

Guest CityFan 06

Even if the stadium isn't increased to 42k, I think 38k would be a good start. 38k - 42k would be a sensible stadium expansion in my opinion. Hopefully in the coming seasons the club and team will continue to develop and progress, as well as in terms of infrastructure e.g the stadium. At the moment we're in a great position in so many ways, quality training facilities, a magnificent team/staff, and a top atmosphere at the King Power - That's just to name a few positives. 

Whilst the clubs profile and status is currently so high we really have a unique golden opportunity here to grow our home fan base for future generations to come. Of course we will never be United and could get relegated next season but then again so could about 12 other clubs. All things considered a realistic and sensible plan would say increase our current capacity to around 40,000-42,000. Impossible to get tickets to home games so hope our astute owners have a plan. Regardless of how well we are doing and what division we are in hope they appreciate there are 1 Million people in Leicestershire and only 1 football club!

I think somewhere around that sort of region would be ideal

Supply is well out stripping demand and will do for at least 2 years.....the lead time on planning and construction is what a year at most?

Needs to happen ASAP.

Well if supply is outstripping demand parps we should knock the kop down lol lol

You won't even get planning sorted in 12 months let alone built.

After being initially sceptical I've come round to the opinion that expansion wouldn't be a bad idea. However the fact that there isn't any application for planning permission makes me think that the downward pressure on ticket prices and the possibility of a future pay per view deal means it not going to be financially viable.

After being initially sceptical I've come round to the opinion that expansion wouldn't be a bad idea. However the fact that there isn't any application for planning permission makes me think that the downward pressure on ticket prices and the possibility of a future pay per view deal means it not going to be financially viable.

Seeing that we've just turned a £26 million profit, will be getting our biggest EVER performance bonus in a couple of months, plus the additional revenues from competing in Europe next season, not expanding the stadium becasue it's not "financially viable" would be silly, no? 

Seeing that we've just turned a £26 million profit, will be getting our biggest EVER performance bonus in a couple of months, plus the additional revenues from competing in Europe next season, not expanding the stadium becasue it's not "financially viable" would be silly, no? 

They're not going to pay cash for it. They'll borrow the money and pay it back over a number of years. The extra money raised will have to cover the expense of paying back the loan.

Even if the stadium isn't increased to 42k, I think 38k would be a good start. 38k - 42k would be a sensible stadium expansion in my opinion. Hopefully in the coming seasons the club and team will continue to develop and progress, as well as in terms of infrastructure e.g the stadium. At the moment we're in a great position in so many ways, quality training facilities, a magnificent team/staff, and a top atmosphere at the King Power - That's just to name a few positives.

About right I think 38-42000 roughly would be good

Archived