Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

I echo what TiffToff88 says.

We will fill 5-10,000 seats with relative ease.

It's not that people won't go, it's because they cannot!!

Plans need to be looked at soon as their will never be a better time to expand.

Extra season tickets alone will take up a big chunk of any added seats.

If we constantly think we will be relegated every season we might as well not bother!!

Their will be worse clubs than ours are in every season.

They could offer a priority service if they did the Park and Ride, for example

- £5 gets you the basic park and ride, but you might have to wait an hour after final whistle before you catch the bus

- Pay an extra £3 and you're guaranteed to get the first fleet leaving after the game (15 minutes or so after final whistle)

what happens when everybody decides to pay 8quid....Keep putting it up until people cant afford it!!

Logistics and infrastructure ,the city businessmen and council in my life time

have been so successfull in their failure..

They couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery, they just have no imagination..

Even when funds were available and accessable.

We need a king Dick spirit smuggled into council meetings...:)

Always thought that if you got Planning permission, you have up to 5 years to complete the development. So a Claudio approach would be to increase stadium by 5,000 asap, and have the option of adding another 5,000 within 5 years after consent.Trams: Brilliant but very difficult to get Treasury approve so not really down to Council, who I'm certain would love tram network.

what happens when everybody decides to pay 8quid....Keep putting it up until people cant afford it!!

Don't Ryan air do something similar on that poverty airline, pay a tenner to board before the cattle get on, I've always thought it would be amusing if on one flight everyone had paid extra to get on and grab a seat first.

Something does need to be done about the transport to and from the ground on matchdays, If we expand I can't begin to think how long it will take to get home, even when you don't leave straight away the stewards get arsey about it. agree with VB earlier post about a fan village, don't see why not money is there to be made and means crowds can filter out in lesser numbers.

They could offer a priority service if they did the Park and Ride, for example

- £5 gets you the basic park and ride, but you might have to wait an hour after final whistle before you catch the bus

- Pay an extra £3 and you're guaranteed to get the first fleet leaving after the game (15 minutes or so after final whistle)

Well it could just be first come, first serve, fixed price on season ticket/match ticket holders each way(return), burger vans would also make a bit of cash on the people waiting for the next bus, but in theory youde have about 5 buses parked up before the whistle ready to go anyway! Wouldn't be THAT hard to organise really and if it was successful it would become the norm and nobody would worry/think about it after a while!

The problem seems to me to be the traffic system around the ground and the lack of prioty in getting cars away from the ground after the match. I drove to hull the other year and got straight out of the city after the game simply because all the traffic lights out from the ground to the motorway were left on green and the prioty seemed to be on matchday traffic. Compare that to the shambles and lack of planning from our beloved council who are only too pleased to take the plaudits from citys recent success and added revenue it brings yet seem unwilling to solve an obvious traffic problem.

The problem seems to me to be the traffic system around the ground and the lack of prioty in getting cars away from the ground after the match. I drove to hull the other year and got straight out of the city after the game simply because all the traffic lights out from the ground to the motorway were left on green and the prioty seemed to be on matchday traffic. Compare that to the shambles and lack of planning from our beloved council who are only too pleased to take the plaudits from citys recent success and added revenue it brings yet seem unwilling to solve an obvious traffic problem.

It's things like this that make me wonder why things are like they are. Why can't somebody fix it? Why can't someone do a survey asking travelling fans of each club which clubs take the longest and shortest time to get away from and why they think that is. If they don't know, go there and work out what works and what to avoid, then implement good ideas and sort out any problems that can be sorted. It can't be that difficult, can it?

The problem is that there's only 2 ways of leaving the ground - turn left or right on a rather narrow road.

With parking, I'm quite annoyed that the club didn't think about it thoroughly at the time and didn't choose to have the old ground land for more parking spaces during match days- instead of having an isolated student accommodation.

The problem is that there's only 2 ways of leaving the ground - turn left or right on a rather narrow road.

With parking, I'm quite annoyed that the club didn't think about it thoroughly at the time and didn't choose to have the old ground land for more parking spaces during match days- instead of having an isolated student accommodation.

Probably because we were skint.

There is always a way forward I'm sure

Like people have suggested perhaps some sort of deal re the park and ride options maybe :unsure:

Despite the change in fortunes and capacity gates this year, it is understood the club has no immediate plans to cash in on ticket demand and extend the stadium capacity.

It does, however, have permission to host concerts for crowds of up to 32,000.

From the Leicester Mercury Thursday.

Guest CityFan 06

I wouldn't be too gutted if we don't have an expansion. It's likely the ground will still be sold out a vast majority of all the games next season. It's an ideal opportunity though.

It will be done, just depends how long it takes to push it through.

It's definitely going to be the East stand, and it will include boxes/corporate rooms like the West stand.

Pretty sure the empty land next door has been bought too, but I'm not sure how they would utilise that as it seems too small for a Man City style training ground. Maybe it will be for parking whilst the current car park is converted into a fan village type of thing.

Guest CityFan 06

It's definitely going to be the East stand, and it will include boxes/corporate rooms like the West stand.

Pretty sure the empty land next door has been bought too, but I'm not sure how they would utilise that as it seems too small for a Man City style training ground. Maybe it will be for parking whilst the current car park is converted into a fan village type of thing.

Makes sense about the land next to the stadium. I've thought for a while now that they will open that car park up when we do actually expand. Unless of course it will be used for a fan village, either way it's a good size of land.

I hope it gets done, I really do

Up the Foxes

Double the number of away tickets for boxholders then? T'rific.

Double the number of away tickets for boxholders then? T'rific.

That's a point and p1 are getting all the grief. Can't wait till away allocations are completely swallowed up by corporate.

This place will go into full scale meltdown.

Mind you it will beat the moaning about a system that rewards loyalty.

Hello I'm loaded and can afford a box guess what I'm taking your away seats. lol

Archived