Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Granted I get we don't all live of the doorstep. But are we suggesting that 5000 people are all of a sudden gonna rock up week in week out just because they have the option.  No. Chances are 3% of them are gonna still pick and choose the games they want. Which if they could be arsed they could do now. For 70 quid and leave 330 quid for the 6 games a year they want to go to?

Maybe but as I've suggested above. 70 quid for a membership leaves a lot of scope for picking and choosing games. Over a 435 quid season ticket. The membership fee is subjective I guess.  

Erm. Because it was bred into me and the reason why I was one of the 14k going to filbert Street when we were shit. 1 of the 22k going to the walkers when we were average. But also aware enough to understand we aren't man Utd.  Are never going to be and adding 5k seats which seems to be your remit is never going to make us a big club, won't change **** all other than making about 7 people happy cuz they can get tickets without having to lift a finger. 

People seem so bothered about pissing off florist and Derby yet the irony is when we have to close a stand or cover seats. They will be the same ***** laughing at you.

And for the record the owners can do what the **** they like. With or without my approval. Same as you can choose to ignore my comments. But at least you have kept me entertained for 3 days lol 

At least someone gets it.

Not sure why people want an empty tier as a legacy. 

Good grief you really are desperate for attention aren't you ?  You need get a bit more purpose in your life instead of aimlessly waffling to yourself on here .  No I won't choose to ignore your comments , I'm a kindly person and recognise your loneliness.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

I can recall the odd game in the 1960's where we got attendances around 40,000 as it was real terraces then, but those higher attendances never started to turn the corner toward us being a "bigger club", but I think current ownership (over a long period) may well push us in more in the direction of a bigger club given  the support they have fostered in Thailand so far, their willingness to invest in us, and we've become one of only 6 winners of the Premier League. I never thought I wanted us to be a "Big Club" until last season, it was amazing to pick up the national newspapers and see almost daily articles on our club and our players....pure magic.

But those articles existed and we're so great because we were the fairytale. 

Of course we all want that again and again in an ideal world. But then it doesn't become as special. Those articles don't hold the same weight and carry the  same emotions and sentiment.

Not that I care one iota what other clubs think but look how bitter clubs have already become, look how quickly the papers are now to revel in our demise.

Sad place this country we almost prefer a failure and bad news than any good news.

19 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Good grief you really are desperate for attention aren't you ?  You need get a bit more purpose in your life instead of aimlessly waffling to yourself on here .  No I won't choose to ignore your comments , I'm a kindly person and recognise your loneliness.

:schmike:

I'm alright thanks Foxestalk and twitter along with you give me enough purpose in life. lollol Enjoy today's game :scarf:

32 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

:schmike:

I'm alright thanks Foxestalk and twitter along with you give me enough purpose in life. lollol Enjoy today's game :scarf:

There's a good lad . see support is out there if you know how to reach out for it .

On 12/31/2016 at 06:51, Webbo said:

Better value, ie cheaper STs and less memberships. You're asking the club to spend big money so that they'll be no better off, it's not going to happen.

For me it's not that simple.

Revenue from attendance is relatively minor compared to TV deals but another way of looking at it is spending money on another 10,000 -15,000 seats isn't that significant nowadays either, it's probably still considerably cheaper than what Slimani and Musa cost us.

I know loads of people who would like to take family, friends, etc or just turn up now and again but the apparent lack of availability and hoops the club make you jump through to get a ticket puts most people off. As a club we should never be turning supporters away on a regular basis and that's what is happening now. Leicester City is a closed shop now as people aren't giving up season tickets and anyone who decides they'd like to start going is obstructed by the lack of seats.

If it was my decision I'd put another 20,000 seats up and sell season tickets at reasonable prices, encourage people to take their children at a nominal cost and invest in the next generation, get them used to seeing their team every other week and there's a good chance they'll go as adults and in time take their own children.

Also bigger gates means more merchandise sold and the ability to attract bigger sponsorship deals.

All this for the cost of a player or two and a chance to attempt to catapult ourselves into a bigger club and leave clubs like Forest and Derby rather than being content with our lot and wait for that inevitable cycle to turn against us and get relegated and be just another mid to big sized sized club like Forest, Derby, Wolves, Wednesday, etc.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

For me it's not that simple.

Revenue from attendance is relatively minor compared to TV deals but another way of looking at it is spending money on another 10,000 -15,000 seats isn't that significant nowadays either, it's probably still considerably cheaper than what Slimani and Musa cost us.

I know loads of people who would like to take family, friends, etc or just turn up now and again but the apparent lack of availability and hoops the club make you jump through to get a ticket puts most people off. As a club we should never be turning supporters away on a regular basis and that's what is happening now. Leicester City is a closed shop now as people aren't giving up season tickets and anyone who decides they'd like to start going is obstructed by the lack of seats.

If it was my decision I'd put another 20,000 seats up and sell season tickets at reasonable prices, encourage people to take their children at a nominal cost and invest in the next generation, get them used to seeing their team every other week and there's a good chance they'll go as adults and in time take their own children.

Also bigger gates means more merchandise sold and the ability to attract bigger sponsorship deals.

All this for the cost of a player or two and a chance to attempt to catapult ourselves into a bigger club and leave clubs like Forest and Derby rather than being content with our lot and wait for that inevitable cycle to turn against us and get relegated and be just another mid to big sized sized club like Forest, Derby, Wolves, Wednesday, etc.

I agree completely, I think 20000 would be pushing it but I certainly think we could do another 8000 most games. Spot on about the ticket prices as well, stack them high and sell them cheap as they say. Taking your kids should be as cheap as possible as well, but from what I know the family stand is the most in-demand area of the ground and it would be tricky to add capacity there.

It wouldn't happen but I still think another tier on the Kop would be the way to go, harks back to Filbo, and would set us apart from Sunderland, Cardiff etc. 

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I agree completely, I think 20000 would be pushing it but I certainly think we could do another 8000 most games. Spot on about the ticket prices as well, stack them high and sell them cheap as they say. Taking your kids should be as cheap as possible as well, but from what I know the family stand is the most in-demand area of the ground and it would be tricky to add capacity there.

It wouldn't happen but I still think another tier on the Kop would be the way to go, harks back to Filbo, and would set us apart from Sunderland, Cardiff etc. 

Yes please and agree, it would have the potential to be superb and it would really define the end with character, similar to Filbert Street. 

I wouldn't mind the East Stand expanded, which is the likely outcome. The club may even do both stands.

If we're looking right into the future - say we become an successful, established Premier League club, they may even expand the Family, East and Kop which would look really impressive. I seem to think 55k is the maximum the ground can be expanded to. But back to the point, a double decker style Kop end would be fantastic.  

On 01/01/2017 at 19:43, CityFan 06 said:

Yes please and agree, it would have the potential to be superb and it would really define the end with character, similar to Filbert Street. 

I wouldn't mind the East Stand expanded, which is the likely outcome. The club may even do both stands.

If we're looking right into the future - say we become an successful, established Premier League club, they may even expand the Family, East and Kop which would look really impressive. I seem to think 55k is the maximum the ground can be expanded to. But back to the point, a double decker style Kop end would be fantastic.  

Yep that would be good

just expand the stadium City and hurry up please. :D

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Some 'what ifs' have been run. I'd think the club would want to see us sustaining the current sell outs but also guaranteeing Premier league football before committing. 

Forget it for now. 

Exactly. Not going to happen. The economic case has always been a bit flaky. In the Premier League, the proportion of revenue from ticket sales is a tiny amount compared to TV revenue. Outside the PL, our current stadium is more than sufficient.

Football is a growing form of entertainment- in the top flight, we will need 40,000 to satisfy demand in the coming years and beyond.

Sadly, it's not the right time to be investing money in something like that when you're staring relegation in the face.

Trust us to balls up such a massive opportunity to kick on and grow.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, josh_baskin said:

Wonder if this will be reconsidered again

As long as we're in this league, we could sell 40,000 tickets to plenty of matches.

How many missed out on season tickets? I think we could quite easily sell 28,000 minimum. Extra 1,000 on the away end and you're already at current capacity.

I think they might wait to see how next year pans out though, considering how close we were to the drop from such a strong position this season. 

Archived