Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

We have a generation of young fans missing it out - I don't care if it's not full for 50% of games or the rest of it. We are in the process of making nearly £100 million this season and if we stay up, we are off to Hong Kong and Shanghai for pre-season making another load of dollar. Get the planning in and start the consultation period. 

I also think it shows the ambition that the club lacks at times. Would keep existing players on toes and show to new signings what we want to achieve. 

Guest CityFan 06

If we stay up this season, that's three campaigns now we've been in the Premier League since 2014. They might be looking at it. 

However, it really does depend on whether the owners consider the way this season has gone and the other seasons. This season hasn't been the steady, desired one they wanted or we wanted. I was hoping for a comfortable top half or top ten finish. On the other hand, it's another year of establishment in the league.

Currently 23k season tickets and 7-10k members??...so accommodate them all, 33k, add on 10% for away, a bit on top for the big games and that would be enough. as members don't always attend every game

A capacity of 36-38k would be more than enough...there have been home games THIS SEASON when tickets have gone to general sale for home games, granted the lesser games/TV games at crap time so I think anymore than 38k would be a waste...extra tier on the East Stand, stick the away fans out the way up there and give our fans the better lower tier seats and that would be enough. Price it fairly for the lesser teams and you will fill the extra comfortably.

The club have the money, now is the time to do it...and if we move on to the next level, ie regularly top 10 in the next 3-4 seasons then you always have the option of another tier elsewhere

If we're going to wait until we're an established PL team then I don't see it ever happening.

It's almost a certainty that LCFC and 70% of the PL will at some point in the future be relegated unless there's either a massive shift in how the money is distributed, and seemingly it's going the other way if EUFA have there way or if the PL becomes a closed shop and we happen to be in it at the time.

For me it's a chance to distance ourselves from other mediocre clubs like Southampton, Stoke, Boro, Forest, Derby, etc.

One day we'll no doubt find ourselves in the Championship again and we'll have missed the opportunity to kick on as a club, we need to leave a legacy. Clubs we should be aiming to compete with long term have moved or moving like Tottenham, West Ham and Everton.

I know loads of people who can't take their kids or even buy a season ticket because of the limited capacity. 

Anyone read anything about proposed costs of the expansion? 

That would be my only concern, is if it had a negative impact on our ability to spend in the transfer market. Would we have a couple of windows of inactivity or low spending, due to money being ploughed into the extension?

With clubs even like Bournemouth and Burnley now spending relatively big, would even a couple of windows with less money available, mean that we struggle to compete?

I think with our owners and the vast amount of TV money, probably not... but I'd still be curious to know the total cost of the expansion. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

That would be my only concern, is if it had a negative impact on our ability to spend in the transfer market. Would we have a couple of windows of inactivity or low spending, due to money being ploughed into the extension?

With clubs even like Bournemouth and Burnley now spending relatively big, would even a couple of windows with less money available, mean that we struggle to compete?

I think with our owners and the vast amount of TV money, probably not... but I'd still be curious to know the total cost of the expansion. 

We're probably as awash with money now as we'll ever be. 

The new TV deal and Champions League money plus I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up making a net profit in the summer if we sell Slimani, Mahrez, Musa, etc.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

The money you can spend on transfers is controlled by the FFP rules, you can spend what you like on infrastructure they're different budget pools.

My goodness....that photo from the Allianz Arena

was taken from almost the same seat I had when I went to a Bayern game (Vs Rostov) while I was in Munich on business last September. I was on the very back row in the corner

Allianz.JPG

The cost of stadiums seems to be huge now. I think Tottenham are spending ~ 600m pounds or more though presumably that's a much bigger bit of engineering compared with anything we'd contemplate. Nevertheless, we only made 27m pounds last season (I think?) so the cost of expansion is likely to dwarf that.

Btw where on earth do Spurs get that sort of money from?

On 6/12/2015 at 11:54, lgfualol said:

If we stay up next season then yes asap.

It would be horrible to go down and have a half empty ground.

Just reading through some of these old posts. :D

We won the fecking league man. :scarf:

The more I think about it, the more I think we should just do it. The demand is there. The money is there.

So what if we go down? We'd get promoted again anyway and the last time we did, we had nowhere near enough seats to satisfy the demand for season tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just reading through some of these old posts. :D

We won the fecking league man. :scarf:

When I wrote that post winning the league would have never crossed my mind in a billion years. Bonkers.

After this season we'll finally be rid of all the plastic fans that tagged along last season and this year too with the champions league. Then we'll see if we need an expansion. However, with only 6,000 seats available after season ticket holders seats and then over 6,000 members so those fans who couldn't afford membership can not come and support the club. 

I imagine it will be an expansion of one stand (possibly the Kop end? and we could move the away fans in to the the North stand to really create an unrivalled atmosphere (Although I feel our fans are one of the best home and away in the league right now) we do have the money but the age old question whether the stadium's foundations can not support an expansion still stand. 

3 minutes ago, JP the Fox said:

After this season we'll finally be rid of all the plastic fans that tagged along last season and this year too with the champions league. Then we'll see if we need an expansion. However, with only 6,000 seats available after season ticket holders seats and then over 6,000 members so those fans who couldn't afford membership can not come and support the club. 

I imagine it will be an expansion of one stand (possibly the Kop end? and we could move the away fans in to the the North stand to really create an unrivalled atmosphere (Although I feel our fans are one of the best home and away in the league right now) we do have the money but the age old question whether the stadium's foundations can not support an expansion still stand. 

I doubt they'll want to move the family stand away from the club shop and they might find it difficult moving the away fans from that 'secure' corner. If they want/have to increase the number of away fans I suspect they'll take up more of the East Stand.

You would think the owners would want a great looking stadium, after all it's a vanity project as well as a pragmatic one but owning a PL club is a billionaire's vanity project. I remember this article being posted on this thread, if it was a new one a 50,000 all seater like this would be brilliant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

Guest CityFan 06

I really like the idea of the Kop being part of the expansion. If it's that and the East Stand together it will look superb, although I'd be equally happy with it being just the Kop as the expansion.

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You would think the owners would want a great looking stadium, after all it's a vanity project as well as a pragmatic one but owning a PL club is a billionaire's vanity project. I remember this article being posted on this thread, if it was a new one a 50,000 all seater like this would be brilliant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

This looks bloody brilliant! Would be easy to do with the KP's already bowl-esque look too!

52 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The cost of stadiums seems to be huge now. I think Tottenham are spending ~ 600m pounds or more though presumably that's a much bigger bit of engineering compared with anything we'd contemplate. Nevertheless, we only made 27m pounds last season (I think?) so the cost of expansion is likely to dwarf that.

Btw where on earth do Spurs get that sort of money from?

We won't be building a new stadium though?lol just a stand..

Archived