Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

With the right pricing we could sell more, but I still think the case for a 40,000 ground is arguable. 

People are right to say the ground looks cheap (it does) - but I don't really mind that. 

Tbh if there were one thing about the ground I could change, it would probably be the name. 

4 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

With the right pricing we could sell more, but I still think the case for a 40,000 ground is arguable. 

People are right to say the ground looks cheap (it does) - but I don't really mind that. 

Tbh if there were one thing about the ground I could change, it would probably be the name. 

It would only change to another 'cheesy' corprorate name.  At least using King power helps our ffp equations 

Guest CityFan 06

The ground needs a permanent name of Filbert Way or something of that ilk. With a sponsored stadium name it could well get changed once again in the future. The only concelation is the stadium's address, which for me is iconic. 

18 hours ago, Wookie said:

The demand is there but I reckon the vast majority are just floaters that aren't that interested in the club, expansion to 40,000 makes sense but I think we'd have trouble selling it out considering our ticket prices aren't great (not the worst either but that's not what we should be aiming for).

I'm an all or nothing type of person, I've attempted to get season tickets but I can't get one. I rarely bother by the time the game is on general sale because I've already planned the weekend by then and how I'm going to watch it.  Also tickets might be on general sale but you can't always sit where you want or get the tickets next to each other.

If the club had a waiting list for season tickets, we might be a bit more clued up as to how many they could sell.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I'm an all or nothing type of person, I've attempted to get season tickets but I can't get one. I rarely bother by the time the game is on general sale because I've already planned the weekend by then and how I'm going to watch it.  Also tickets might be on general sale but you can't always sit where you want or get the tickets next to each other.

If the club had a waiting list for season tickets, we might be a bit more clued up as to how many they could sell.

That's why I said vast majority, the fans I'm talking about wouldn't be on foxestalk. I agree that the club should create a waiting list.

5 hours ago, Wookie said:

That's why I said vast majority, the fans I'm talking about wouldn't be on foxestalk. I agree that the club should create a waiting list.

There is already a waiting list. It's called the Membership Scheme.

On 24 March 2017 at 19:02, AmarteyAndChill said:

We won't be building a new stadium though?lol just a stand..

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an expansion (even though I can't attend myself :(). I just think some here are underestimating the likely cost compared with the club's income/profitability.

See for me expanding, I would do it aslong as we changed the 'cheap' look of the Stadium. Move the walls/turnstiles  back to where the big poles are which hold the roof etc up then clad it all. It could be done without any structural costs. 

Doing so would also make the concourses bigger and a nicer look to the Stadium. I honestly believe we could sell out 45k per week(at least) should we sustain premier league football 

46 minutes ago, Ashley said:

See for me expanding, I would do it aslong as we changed the 'cheap' look of the Stadium. Move the walls/turnstiles  back to where the big poles are which hold the roof etc up then clad it all. It could be done without any structural costs. 

Doing so would also make the concourses bigger and a nicer look to the Stadium. I honestly believe we could sell out 45k per week(at least) should we sustain premier league football 

Yep i agree Ashley

we have to aim higher and have some ambition and I genuinely believe increasing the stadium capacity is a vital cog in that plan

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Liverpools cost £115m to complete there stand. 

Yes and it was mainly done to increase corporate facilities. 

It really doesn't make much economic sense these days to increase capacity to cater for the general fan. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Yes and it was mainly done to increase corporate facilities. 

It really doesn't make much economic sense these days to increase capacity to cater for the general fan. 

I don't think it is (or should be) a matter of economics. The gate receipts are relatively small anyway compared to TV rights. It is a matter of growing the support base by allowing more kids to attend with parents, etc. It is also a matter of prestige if the intention is to grow the club itself.

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Swap Family Stand with the Kop Stand, and then expand the latter imo.

Now either you're taking the piss or being serious but I hope you are being serious.

I honestly think we could swap the family stand and kop and it could work. You only have to look at Derby and Middlesbrough to see it's improved their atmosphere.

36 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It would but great for local man utd, Liverpool, chelski fans who could sit in the home end.

Not so great against other teams where we don't sell out now.

When was the last time the stadium wasn't full for a league game?

Regardless of opposition its full

39 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It would but great for local man utd, Liverpool, chelski fans who could sit in the home end.

Not so great against other teams where we don't sell out now.

I would do something similar to Manchester City. You need a purchasing history of so many years to be able to get a ticket this way it ****s off all the glory supporting nobs

Guest CityFan 06

I think we'd sell 36-38k on a regular basis in the Premier League, which in my opinion would still make expansion worth doing. 36-38k is a very good attendance, and it'd take us onto that next step in terms of club size and fan base. 32k isn't bad by any means, but with an expansion we'd go one further.

I honestly think we'd sell 36-38k every match. Say we do expand to 42/45k, there's potentially 4-10k more fans getting tickets. We'd probably sell 42k/45k for when the bigger teams come to the ground. At the end of the day, it's very hard to judge how big our fan base and attendances could be with a larger stadium. 

My only issue with expansion, which needs sorting out in some way, is the traffic issues in and around the stadium. That'd have to be looked at before expansion. 

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

I think we'd sell 36-38k on a regular basis in the Premier League, which in my opinion would still make expansion worth doing. 36-38k is a very good attendance, and it'd take us onto that next step in terms of club size and fan base. 32k isn't bad by any means, but with an expansion we'd go one further.

I honestly think we'd sell 36-38k every match. Say we do expand to 42/45k, there's potentially 4-10k more fans getting tickets. We'd probably sell 42k/45k for when the bigger teams come to the ground. At the end of the day, it's very hard to judge how big our fan base and attendances could be with a larger stadium. 

My only issue with expansion, which needs sorting out in some way, is the traffic issues in and around the stadium. That'd have to be looked at before expansion. 

That's a good point, where the **** are an extra 10,000 fans going to park?

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

They should do what they do in hull, set all the traffic lights to get the cars away from the stadium as quick as possible.

36 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They should do what they do in hull, set all the traffic lights to get the cars away from the stadium as quick as possible.

You mean like they do for the Rugby?

Archived