Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Didn't know that but I thought it was a brilliant idea. I parked near the ground and was out of hull in 10 minutes and didn't get stuck in any traffic

I don't  think they alter the lights they just have a load PCs controlling the traffic, well they did the last time I tried to get by. They do seem to atract a lot of coppers to the game, playing and spectating 

The design of the KP does not make for an easy alteration structurally.The box side would cost a fortune to extend.

The other side and the ends could be altered  but its a huge undertaking ,costly and could not be done in a summer.May be doable over a couple of years

Therefore I feel we are stuck.The other point is that match day revenue is a small proportion of the club income and the increased income would be not be that significant.

Shame the area is so compact in terms of buildings nearby surrounding it (hence quite little space behind any expanded stand) and the lack of available car parking spaces that are required for any potential expansion.

leicester-king-power-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

The design of the KP does not make for an easy alteration structurally.The box side would cost a fortune to extend.

The other side and the ends could be altered  but its a huge undertaking ,costly and could not be done in a summer.May be doable over a couple of years

Therefore I feel we are stuck.The other point is that match day revenue is a small proportion of the club income and the increased income would be not be that significant.

Not sure where you got this info from. The original plans were drawn up with easy expansion to the kop and east stand. Also with the lowest possible cost.

Most of the building work can be done with the ground still in use.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Shame the area is so compact in terms of buildings nearby surrounding it (hence quite little space behind any expanded stand) and the lack of available car parking spaces that are required for any potential expansion.

leicester-king-power-stadium.jpg

Mentioned this much earlier in the thread but some one i work with in a prominent position for a company on the Leicestershire/Warwickshire border has been told that the east stand is to be expanded and those red buildings with grey roof have been purchased by the club.

Dont shoot the messenger and just what i have been told by this bloke.

15 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Mentioned this much earlier in the thread but some one i work with in a prominent position for a company on the Leicestershire/Warwickshire border has been told that the east stand is to be expanded and those red buildings with grey roof have been purchased by the club.

Take your word for it.

Behind that building, isn't the spare land next to it going to be some retail food outlet (been discussed by a few fans I know)?

Guest CityFan 06

Double tiered Kop would be my first choice. 

On another note; with the stadium bouncing after we score, is it really that safe? Especially with potentially another tier possibly doing the same in the future.

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Double tiered Kop would be my first choice. 

On another note; with the stadium bouncing after we score, is it really that safe? Especially with potentially another tier possibly doing the same in the future.

It felt like the whole ground trembled when Albrighton scored against Savilla.

Yes youll be fine as long as we don't reach the CL final.

Resonance is the potential problem there is some super old film of bridges collapsing due to winds causing movement .

Modern bridges are designed in a way to alter the airflow over and under them

Buildings do move a bit . 

Guest CityFan 06
48 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Yes youll be fine as long as we don't reach the CL final.

Resonance is the potential problem there is some super old film of bridges collapsing due to winds causing movement .

Modern bridges are designed in a way to alter the airflow over and under them

Buildings do move a bit . 

I have heard our ground was designed in such a way that it does move when there are heavy crowds or bouncing to ensure it can hold the pressure. Surely you'd think there are regular checks on the supports of the stadium anyway, and you'd hope if the bouncing was causing an issue they'd say.

5 hours ago, dynamark said:

Super pic.

If we put another 8000 in at say £500 per person its just £4 million a year revenue.

It can be done but you maybe sitting in the east stand with no roof for a season

Actually, 4m a year extra revenue less additional costs for a bigger stadium probably leaves about 3m extra profit. Assuming 10% ROI is acceptable, that would imply that even from a purely financial perspective, a 30m expansion cost would be good business.

Not sure whether 30m is sufficient or not.

12 hours ago, dynamark said:

Super pic.

If we put another 8000 in at say £500 per person its just £4 million a year revenue.

It can be done but you maybe sitting in the east stand with no roof for a season

i dont think that it would be for a season tbh, if it happened i can imagine they'd  sort of build most of it around it then take of the east stand roof as later as possible given the stand if used for TV coverage and everything 

12 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

ive heard that too being muted about too about the club purchasing the land next to the ground but remember going to a meeting at the club when someone asked about them expanding the ground the bloke in charge said they cant say anything. 

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 17:27, Wookie said:

I agree with what you're saying but there's every possibility that we extend the ground to 40,000 and our attendance is 34,000 every week, so we've got the potential to grow but to entice the extra fans we're going to have to get top 10 finishes and Europe which is easier said than done.

I'm not particular bothered but these extra fans are going to be bandwagon hopping plastics which will bother some.

lol a top ten finish and Europe easier said than done lollol but we pissed the league by ten points.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 17:32, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not til we're established. By that I mean like Palace/ Stoke and Swansea.

I think we have done that.

I'm not taking the pi55 out of either of you. Just great reading the first few pages some of the comments with hind sight are funny.

16 hours ago, dynamark said:

Cardiff extended their equivalent of our East stand by basically building a new tier behind it and realigning the roof. Done in about a year but it does look awful

833062-1.jpg

Hopefully the rumour of buying the factory behind the East stand is true and we can make a proper fist of extending, with a proper car park and fan zone on the land behind the factory (which we already own). Would be amazing if we did it properly

13 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

Cardiff extended their equivalent of our East stand by basically building a new tier behind it and realigning the roof. Done in about a year but it does look awful

833062-1.jpg

Hopefully the rumour of buying the factory behind the East stand is true and we can make a proper fist of extending, with a proper car park and fan zone on the land behind the factory (which we already own). Would be amazing if we did it properly

Yeah but hopefully we got the money to make a huge new fancy aesthetically pleasing Kop. I would curve it around and make it allign with 'the bowl shape' as a rectangle stand on a bowl looks bit odd.

Few replies here to people who have posted in the thread.

- The Stadium bounces for a reason, if the stands are fastened to the concrete holding them up the whole structure will crumble.

- East Stand, The Kop and Family Stand could be extended if needs be but there would need to be some structural work done in terms of the next tiers. East Stand is ready now should we expand.

- The hotel next to the Stadium could very well be ours soon, however this depends on the Tigers building a hotel. The Hilton is shutting down at Fosse Park so who knows?

- The ground should more or less in full use during expansion, just look at Old Trafford/Stadium of Light for what it could look like in terms of a road going under the stand. They'll then build down then take the roof off last. 

Guest CityFan 06

Quite a few good thoughts on here. Just hope the club have the same ideas and consider each of these points. Do hope this eventual proposed expansion is done properly, as someone else has previously said.  

Get this done, a brand new 55,000 state of the art stadium which would appeal to the owners ego.

Looking through some old posts it was apparent KP wasn't big enough before our title winning season. With the club on a crest of a wave from PL winners to CL QF's and neighbouring sides like Forest, Derby and Coventry plodding along we have an ideal opportunity to expand our influence and borders in the region to become once and for all the regions most dominant club. Money comes and goes with wages and signings as we all live within our means, I'd hate to be relegated eventually and not leave a legacy. We can either carry on as we are and wait for our turn to be relegated and go back to what we one were or we could at least compete with the Everton, West Ham and Newcastle's of this world. Get this built whilst we have the financial resources to do so and cement our place as a top 10 club in England.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

Archived