Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What a miracle that the taxi driver came out of that relatively unscathed..

99.9% of those in that type of vehicle situation would've died almost immediately.

I was watching the video and noticed one of the plumes of smoke/explosions fired out of the front left of the car, opposite to the driver. Just makes me think even that was fortunate that it meant it didn't explode the driver's way and therefore he was able to get out and not get struck fully by whatever explosive it was.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

How the fvk can someone actually knife kids, this is so against the fundamentals and morals of our society. I can see repercussions from this in France.

The real question is why the automatic assumption seems to be islamic terrorist rather than what appears to be the case - a christian with serious mental health issues

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Not sure why that’s any more of a “real” question than the one you quoted. I am more concerned that anyone would do something like this than I am about how others respond to it.

And in an ideal world everyone would hold to that. Unfortunately the world we have is not ideal and peoples knee jerk responses to things like this matter - sometimes to the extent of being turned into political policy, if there's enough people responding the same way.

10 hours ago, pleatout said:

The real question is why the automatic assumption seems to be islamic terrorist rather than what appears to be the case - a christian with serious mental health issues

No I really don't think that's the 'real question' right now

• Like 3

All four children injured in yesterday's attack have now been operated on and are stable, Prime Minister Élisabeth Borne has said.

It's worth noting that in the last update from the French government earlier this morning, two of the children were said to still be in a critical condition.

We'll keep bringing you the latest as we get it.

Bit of good news from this at least. Not only was he a complete failure of a human, also a big failure as a monster. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And in an ideal world everyone would hold to that. Unfortunately the world we have is not ideal and peoples knee jerk responses to things like this matter - sometimes to the extent of being turned into political policy, if there's enough people responding the same way.

I didn’t say that knee-jerk responses didn’t matter. I’m just more concerned about children being stabbed than I am people being offended by something that isn’t the children being stabbed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I didn’t say that knee-jerk responses didn’t matter. I’m just more concerned about children being stabbed than I am people being offended by something that isn’t the children being stabbed. 

Absolutely, which is entirely rational.

And if we do expend additional concern on people's feelings, motivations (and misconceptions) towards incidents like this, maybe we can have less such horrible incidents in the future. Maybe.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 09:47, Blarmy said:

Not sure why that’s any more of a “real” question than the one you quoted. I am more concerned that anyone would do something like this than I am about how others respond to it.

On 09/06/2023 at 10:19, bovril said:

No I really don't think that's the 'real question' right now

OK, let me pose the real question then - why did you automatically assume it was a terrorist attack and put it in this thread?

"Absolute *** of our time" maybe?  or other news threads. 

32 minutes ago, pleatout said:

OK, let me pose the real question then - why did you automatically assume it was a terrorist attack and put it in this thread?

"Absolute *** of our time" maybe?  or other news threads. 

Errr, I didn’t?

This “real” question is even worse than the last “real” question.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 00:16, pleatout said:

Why is that the real question? Most stupid thing I’ve ever read

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...