Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Neil Lennon would be shit, a Leicester legend as a player, does not warrant him to do it as a manager, who is done absolutely nothing to deserve a shot in the prem

His record at Bolton Wanderers

P38 13W 11D 14L (34% win)

Bit early to judge but I agree with you, he hasn't proved himself nearly enough to get a job in the Premier League.

Agree with Fez.

Who wanted Pearson when Mandy appointed him? I think we were all a bit underwhelmed and look how that turned out.

At that time we'd just been relegated under the infamous Holloway regime and on the contrary, after the work NP had done at Southampton I was very happy with his appointment. Whoever comes in, has to subscribe to our footballing style and our attacking focus. Allardyce is a step back to the olden days. Maybe we've been spoilt by the style of football under NP but I for one don't want to forgoe this just for the sake of becoming the next Fkin big Sam version of West Ham or a pulis era Stoke. They have to entertain, that's the whole point of football, not just to maximise the profits of foreign owners. That will come if you get entertainment and success. That's what NP brought during his era. No manager since MON has come close to his achievements and I can't see any of the realistic names being bandied about doing anything other than offering less entertainment and probably less success.

I've consistently been a huge Pearson fan. I've enjoyed the vast majority of his time here and I think the way he improved our league position every season was pretty incredible.

However, I don't see any point in moping about this. He is partly to blame for the situation not being entirely harmonious and this episode serves as a reminder that we only see the facade of the club's operations. Things might seem great but you never know what the key relationships behind the scenes are like.

I also sense a lack of perspective from a lot of fans, who aren't happy with the names linked to the post. If you'd said five years ago that we'd be looking for a manager having just finished 14th in the Premier League and some people didn't want the likes of Moyes or Allardyce, you'd have been thrown into a padded cell.

Fans never like the lists of potential new managers. They always find them "depressing". A lot of people were underwhelmed when Pearson first came to us.

The main thing for me is that there's very little margin for error in the Premier League when you're still trying to establish yourself and the newly-promoted clubs are begging for a club to fall into "crisis" so they can target 17th.

This isn't about how it "has to be" Allardyce or whoever because they'd guarantee survival. I think the fans have to accept our role and see this as an opportunity to help make as smooth a transition as possible for the new manager, whoever that might be. Whether most fans see it that way or want to continue creating the atmosphere that seemed to help the team in April and May is up for debate though.

The players have a duty to help make that transition smooth as well, for the good of the club. It concerns me just how hand-in-hand the two go: Pearson and the current squad. I want the players to prove me wrong because I've always thought we'd be stuffed with the current lot if he went. That business with Stringer just reinforces it.

I think we've been spoiled a bit by how good things have been in the past seven years and so many supporters haven't appreciated how fortunate we've been during that time. Part of the reason Pearson was never turned on during the poor spell last season was that we never got battered by anyone and I hardly ever felt it was on the cards. Straight away now, I think that's a possibility because we're cast into the unknown. Again, I just hope the atmosphere doesn't turn poisonous for any reason.

Biggest appointment since Taylor coming up obviously, and I was quite optimistic about him at the time. I think quite a lot of people were, and few were about Pearson of course, which shows how much you should read into these feelings prior to them actually taking charge of any games.

Fingers crossed.

Good post..

Harry Redknapp NO...it's over old hat gone finnito

Hey atleast we will get kranjcar 

and green....

And an entertaining january... 

Personally I think he's a decent manager given the right club, he done OK with spurs and kept them where they deserve to be even flirting with Champs league (never a top 4 club)

QPR is poisoned, he went into a club full of egos and everyone knows he'd never be able to get rid of them all, most wanted to just see out their contract. Anyone who goes there is doomed for many years to come, Giving him a chequebook was not the wisest decision, I think if restrained he has the ability to pick out some really decent buy, and get some good players in, He has a knowledge of the game that rivals most, I know i said i didnt want him, but I think if the board keep a lid on his spending, he could prove to be very astute.

Some of his better signings - 

Remy

Di canio - cut price

Yakubu on a free to pompy

Defoe

Keane

James - Was decent at the time

Glen johnson - Again was decent at the time

Paul merson

Van der vart - quality under harry

Kranjcar - quality under harry

Gallas

Sully muntari

Younes Kaboul

The majority of his best signings have been signings that we could potentially afford... (most coming from average wages)

Personally think his best work is under budget, but the only way i'd ever have him near our club is if the board really did control his finances.

If they couldn't do that, He can piss off

I'm amazed that people are saying that Lennon isn't ready for the Premier League, but then calling for Cambiasso to be appointed! Never mind the fact he's never managed, he hasn't even got his badges.

And before everyone goes on about the vast experience that Cambiasso has at the top of the game, one name, Edgar Davids.

I'm amazed that people are saying that Lennon isn't ready for the Premier League, but then calling for Cambiasso to be appointed! Never mind the fact he's never managed, he hasn't even got his badges.

And before everyone goes on about the vast experience that Cambiasso has at the top of the game, one name, Edgar Davids.

I LIKE THIS

You know what - LENNON and CAMBIASSO are very similar in their style of play

Neil Lennon 2/1 No but not end of world + a fan favorite

Steve Cotterill 4/1 No

Sam Allardyce 5/1 Yes would keep us up but not nice style of play

Esteban Cambiasso 6/1 No ,Legend but rather he was playing then managing plus no coaching experience

David Moyes 10/1 Yes

Guus Hiddink 10/1 Yes

Roberto Di Matteo 12/1 Yes

Martin O'Neill 12/1 No though a lezda legend, might ruin his reputation if didnt work out plus dont think he would come

Harry Redknapp 12/1 No pls No

Sean Dyche 14/1 NO NO NO NO NO

Jurgen Klopp 16/1 Yes obvs but wont happen

Michael Laudrup 16/1 Yes

Archived