Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

I think money will talk and we will get someone with a decent pedigree and I'm hoping it will be Klopp !!

But in the meantime would you take hoddle or keegan ?

Then there's klinsmann de boer or hiddink hoping we don't end up with a lidl special like dyche lambert or cotterill ?!

I'm big in to Viera getting the gig, come on let's give it him. He was a warrior of a player, has done well with Man City's academy but then again who wouldn't and he'll do the job on Cambiasso signing a new deal. Easy fcukin peasy.

Not saying he won't be good, but there is nothing to confirm that he would be. A big gamble in my opinion.

Who is to say Lennon wouldn't do well here?

He's unproven so you can't really write him off. He masterminded some great wins in the Champions League for Celtic so maybe he has it in him?

I'm not saying it would work, but it's a bit early to say it wouldn't. 

At the end of the day, its a well documented phenomenon that clubs of our standing don't do well with just some bloke skimming blues at us all day; even if them crisp little fellas are being thrown at a 'big name' manager, like SGE. Pearson obviously cared deeply about doing his job well and seeing his team pushing hard for what we all hoped could be achieved - promotion, survival etc.

I mean, it's amazing we are in a position where we can even mention the likes of Klopp - even if it is with a big tongue in your cheek. Pearson has installed a great deal of heart into this squad and I don't believe that these players are going to fail us next season, as long as someone comes in who shows the same intent to produce as Nigel did. Not just rolling up for a pay day, or their moment in the sun if it were to be an unproven Premiership manager from the second tier. 

At the end of the day he was a big character and a man who wasn't scared of what others thought. Some of us loved him for it, some hated him for it; but it's put us where we are (hand in hand with financial stability and superb fans and players). I just want someone in who will care as much as him.

Foxes never quit!

Guest MattP

I still have enough respect for the owners to believe that they won't make the poor decision to appoint someone like Dyche. He wouldn't know what to do with so many pound notes!

Didn't stop them with Sven.

Guest MattP

He might surprise everyone but I don't see it, he's not very bright, not very tactical astute and still hasn't done anything of note in a league where you actually have some opposition to face.

If we have seriously just got rid of Nigel Pearson to bring in Neil Lennon then I really won't know what to say, it would be beyond a joke, if he wasn't an ex City player would be really looking at Bolton's manager in the lower reaches of the Championship as a genuine replacement? Of course we wouldn't.

He might surprise everyone but I don't see it, he's not very bright, not very tactical astute and still hasn't done anything of note in a league where you actually have some opposition to face.

If we have seriously just got rid of Nigel Pearson to bring in Neil Lennon then I really won't know what to say, it would be beyond a joke, if he wasn't an ex City player would be really looking at Bolton's manager in the lower reaches of the Championship as a genuine replacement? Of course we wouldn't.

The biggest and worst gamble , it would be like getting rid of Usain Bolt in a sprint relay team and replacing him with Gerry Taggert !!!

Steve Walsh Snr, maybe?

Not saying its realistic... but it might be our chance of keeping hold of all the players and the Pearson Legacy...

Offer him an improved contract, get him a couple of really knowledgable coaches, a tactically aware assistant and it could work...

Of course, the Thais will probably want to spalsh the cash on a well known  manager with some top pedigree....... What's sven doing these days? lol

Steve Walsh Snr, maybe?

Not saying its realistic... but it might be our chance of keeping hold of all the players and the Pearson Legacy...

Offer him an improved contract, get him a couple of really knowledgable coaches, a tactically aware assistant and it could work...

Of course, the Thais will probably want to spalsh the cash on a well known  manager with some top pedigree....... What's sven doing these days? lol

Steve Walsh Snr, maybe?

Jesus, the worst idea I've read since NP was sacked and there's some serious competition for that title. 

He's unproven so you can't really write him off. He masterminded some great wins in the Champions League for Celtic so maybe he has it in him?

Lennon definitely has the ability to be able to become a decent manager, his impact at bolton was instant, we all know what a poisoned chalice that place is, 

Given time he would adapt, he has played the championship for a while now and that experience would do well for him. 

I think he's a future top manager, he gets stick because he was at a team that win everything easily... 

EDIT - totally agree with others though, if he was not an ex player he wouldn't even be considered.

he's ****ing dreadful

Just got a text off a mate. Not read the thread so not sure if this has been posted but it's definitely not Dyche. Said he hadn't heard about Cotterill but that's also highly, highly unlikely. 

:dance::yahoo::banana:

Just got a text off a mate. Not read the thread so not sure if this has been posted but it's definitely not Dyche. Said he hadn't heard about Cotterill but that's also highly, highly unlikely.

My mate just text me too, it's definitely not Pearson, Fergie or Mourinho either.

Roberto Mancini reckons he has a love affair with the English game, Wonder if we can tempt him from Inter.

Not totally convinced he is a good manager but I think he would leave. Inter are a mess. Selling one of their best players to Stoke lol

Archived