Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Its guaranteed to be a shit appointment. Nailed on. The people making this decision know fvck all about football. The Southampton comparison is pointless because they have football people at the top of their Club and a coherent philosophy.

The chances of us pulling a Pochettino or Koeman or Jokanovic etc out of the bag are zero. Not slim, not wishful, zero.

We will certainly not finish in the top 14 next season and id say we are almost a certainty for the drop. Cheers Thais.

haha brilliant keep this post just incase we get a top name manager, look they have already got someone lined up and ready to take the job they wouldn't of just sacked NP like that

I respect Lennon as a club legend as a player, but as a manager  :dunno:  His CV currently is nothing spectacularly, winning a few cups with Celtic in the Scottish Pub League is nothing really to brag about. Currently at Bolton, but he hasn't been there long enough to judge him.  

I've consistently been a huge Pearson fan. I've enjoyed the vast majority of his time here and I think the way he improved our league position every season was pretty incredible.

However, I don't see any point in moping about this. He is partly to blame for the situation not being entirely harmonious and this episode serves as a reminder that we only see the facade of the club's operations. Things might seem great but you never know what the key relationships behind the scenes are like.

I also sense a lack of perspective from a lot of fans, who aren't happy with the names linked to the post. If you'd said five years ago that we'd be looking for a manager having just finished 14th in the Premier League and some people didn't want the likes of Moyes or Allardyce, you'd have been thrown into a padded cell.

Fans never like the lists of potential new managers. They always find them "depressing". A lot of people were underwhelmed when Pearson first came to us.

The main thing for me is that there's very little margin for error in the Premier League when you're still trying to establish yourself and the newly-promoted clubs are begging for a club to fall into "crisis" so they can target 17th.

This isn't about how it "has to be" Allardyce or whoever because they'd guarantee survival. I think the fans have to accept our role and see this as an opportunity to help make as smooth a transition as possible for the new manager, whoever that might be. Whether most fans see it that way or want to continue creating the atmosphere that seemed to help the team in April and May is up for debate though.

The players have a duty to help make that transition smooth as well, for the good of the club. It concerns me just how hand-in-hand the two go: Pearson and the current squad. I want the players to prove me wrong because I've always thought we'd be stuffed with the current lot if he went. That business with Stringer just reinforces it.

I think we've been spoiled a bit by how good things have been in the past seven years and so many supporters haven't appreciated how fortunate we've been during that time. Part of the reason Pearson was never turned on during the poor spell last season was that we never got battered by anyone and I hardly ever felt it was on the cards. Straight away now, I think that's a possibility because we're cast into the unknown. Again, I just hope the atmosphere doesn't turn poisonous for any reason.

Biggest appointment since Taylor coming up obviously, and I was quite optimistic about him at the time. I think quite a lot of people were, and few were about Pearson of course, which shows how much you should read into these feelings prior to them actually taking charge of any games.

Fingers crossed.

I've consistently been a huge Pearson fan. I've enjoyed the vast majority of his time here and I think the way he improved our league position every season was pretty incredible.

However, I don't see any point in moping about this. He is partly to blame for the situation not being entirely harmonious and this episode serves as a reminder that we only see the facade of the club's operations. Things might seem great but you never know what the key relationships behind the scenes are like.

I also sense a lack of perspective from a lot of fans, who aren't happy with the names linked to the post. If you'd said five years ago that we'd be looking for a manager having just finished 14th in the Premier League and some people didn't want the likes of Moyes or Allardyce, you'd have been thrown into a padded cell.

Fans never like the lists of potential new managers. They always find them "depressing". A lot of people were underwhelmed when Pearson first came to us.

The main thing for me is that there's very little margin for error in the Premier League when you're still trying to establish yourself and the newly-promoted clubs are begging for a club to fall into "crisis" so they can target 17th.

This isn't about how it "has to be" Allardyce or whoever because they'd guarantee survival. I think the fans have to accept our role and see this as an opportunity to help make as smooth a transition as possible for the new manager, whoever that might be. Whether most fans see it that way or want to continue creating the atmosphere that seemed to help the team in April and May is up for debate though.

The players have a duty to help make that transition smooth as well, for the good of the club. It concerns me just how hand-in-hand the two go: Pearson and the current squad. I want the players to prove me wrong because I've always thought we'd be stuffed with the current lot if he went. That business with Stringer just reinforces it.

I think we've been spoiled a bit by how good things have been in the past seven years and so many supporters haven't appreciated how fortunate we've been during that time. Part of the reason Pearson was never turned on during the poor spell last season was that we never got battered by anyone and I hardly ever felt it was on the cards. Straight away now, I think that's a possibility because we're cast into the unknown. Again, I just hope the atmosphere doesn't turn poisonous for any reason.

Biggest appointment since Taylor coming up obviously, and I was quite optimistic about him at the time. I think quite a lot of people were, and few were about Pearson of course, which shows how much you should read into these feelings prior to them actually taking charge of any games.

Fingers crossed.

Very good post.  :thumbup:

Guest Cujek

haha brilliant keep this post just incase we get a top name manager, look they have already got someone lined up and ready to take the job they wouldn't of just sacked NP like that

They have no one lined up.

Big Sam not because he is a dynamic choice but he has never been relegated,is more likely to play a type of football that will suit our players and will bring stability to what is a stupid and self-inflicted disaster Can you imagine the fans reaction to a bad start who ever is the manager!!!! Also Sam has worked with Steve Walsh at Newcastle so there is a slim chance we could retain his services as a fantastic scout.

Archived