Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
rob1989

Nigel Pearson, are you an Ostrich?

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is this what passes for humour these days? Pathetic shite by people who think that nandos is the height of culture and banter is a substitute for wit (I still can't say I get nandos in the slightest - it's overpriced chicken, what am I missing?).

Even if you go down the give it out, take it route (perfectly correct), he's on the phone, common courtesy is to not interrupt a stranger on the phone, particularly not so you can try and make a shit joke (let's be clear, it was only funny when Pearson said it in the "did he seriously just say that" way - it's not funny-funny, it was bizarre-funny).

Posted

What's the problem? One big mouth, to another big mouth. If you dish it out, then you must have the balls to take it.

 

Some sad people just don't get it.

Hmmm... How about Pearson's famous "**** Off And Die" now?

Posted

The imitation can never live up to the original. Because it was original, after all - and somewhat funny (in a general sense, to a larger extent commenting on the press industry of today).

 

Err, no. It just wasnt funny, period.

Posted

You can start a poll on it, if you want to.

 

lol, all the cutting edge issues on foxestalk

 

No matter how much a manager achieves, and Pearson achieved a heck of a lot, if someone came into a press conference and said "Are you an ostrich, your head must be in the sand", id be laughing at him, not with him

 

Least he had the gumption to realise what a complete twat hed made of himself the day after though and thats fine.

Posted

Two wrongs don't make a right. Pearson apologised the next day for the ridiculous ostrich rant because he realised he massively messed up. 

I was one of Nigel's biggest supporters and last season when most wanted him gone I still backed him and said he would keep us up.

Sooner or later his comments were going to catch him up.

 

I would still like him here.

Would like the reason he has gone and don't like to comment.

But if he has backed his son over the club sorry he is wrong.

 

But as much as I supported Nige one day his comments were going to catch him up.

In a job like his you can't carry on like he did.

 

As much as I support Nige I am Glad he has gone now and not in September.

Our owners can plan with time instead of having to take A N Other that is free.

Also the new man has time to get a few in.

Posted

lol, all the cutting edge issues on foxestalk

 

No matter how much a manager achieves, and Pearson achieved a heck of a lot, if someone came into a press conference and said "Are you an ostrich, your head must be in the sand", id be laughing at him, not with him

 

Least he had the gumption to realise what a complete twat hed made of himself the day after though and thats fine.

 

So you did find it funny then?

Posted

So you did find it funny then?

 

I dont think people were referring to the humour being a sense of pity towards a man acting like a twat. They actually found "Are you an ostrich" a hillarious sentence. Simple things please simple minds.

Posted

Think it is an age thing, my sons would be thinking #topbanter and i will be thinking what a tosser, the guy is on the phone show some respect.

Posted

Think it is an age thing, my sons would be thinking #topbanter and i will be thinking what a tosser, the guy is on the phone show some respect.

Are your sons d*******s? Because the only person who comes across as a tit on that video is the person videoing it. It wasn't even funny, it could have been but it was a terrible attempt at humour. Anybody over the age of 16 who finds that funny needs to get out a bit more.

Posted

Are your sons d*******s? Because the only person who comes across as a tit on that video is the person videoing it. It wasn't even funny, it could have been but it was a terrible attempt at humour. Anybody over the age of 16 who finds that funny needs to get out a bit more.

 

The eldest might be, he thinks Leeds is a good night out!! think I have a different sense of humour to my kids, apparently Keith Lemon is funny.

Posted

Pearson was on the phone to someone. Common sense and manners you don't butt in. Pearson put his hand up to indicate, the guy still had no respect so Nigel got angry and walked. It's all common sense, etiquette and manners. Nothing about loving Person

 

Don't be so ridiculous, he should've ended his phonecall and joined him for a cheeky nandos :rolleyes:

  • 9 months later...
Posted

Though I'm not a fan of Pearson, far from it, I find these things disturbing. I just can't believe that "comedian" thought that was that funny. He's just a vulture feisting on a corpse. I think it's time to give all of this a rest. It's just so fecking uncharitable to a human being.

Try and have a sense of humour

Posted

First time I've watched a clip of a Pearson interview in a long time. What a difference between that and Ranieri.

I really hope Pearson learns from the way Ranieri handles the public, fans and mediA
Posted

I really hope Pearson learns from the way Ranieri handles the public, fans and mediA

 

Yes, the tactic of abusing and belittling the media is so outdated.

Posted

I really hope Pearson learns from the way Ranieri handles the public, fans and mediA

Love NP for what he did for us but I agree, Ranieri is a different class when it comes to public relations! Found myself cringinh through so many of Pearson's interviews and I would guess his conduct has possibly hindered any job applications unfortunately

Posted

For the sake of balance, just over a year since this as well. The whole video sums up the togetherness and spirit installed by NP and his team over the course of 3 and a half years. The ending tops it off for me and I'll always be thankful for what Nige did for this club. 

Posted

I never cared with what Pearson said to the media. I was just pleased that he created a structure within the club that allowed us to do well.

If you speak to anyone within the club, they all say that we would never be anywhere near where we are today without his work.

Ranieri knew that, and so kept everything the way it was and just added his tactical expertise.

Pearsons media work was poor, he will probably recognise that now, but I focus on the way he formed a strong group top to bottom and we are on the verge of something very special because of him.

Yes he wasn't perfect, but he deserves credit for where we are now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...