Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

Although I've been critical of this appointment and not convinced he is the right man for the job, as an LCFC fan I will of course give my full backing to Ranieri and really hope he proves me and all the doubters wrong

Nah I ain't having it. Because you're critical of the appointment and not convinced it's the right decision you must want the club the fail...

In all seriousness I agree.

It's their decision whatever the intentions and they will be judged by it, same way all owners should be. They have probably put themselves in a bit of a situation where they are there to be shot at now given the excuse for the dismissal was so impertinent.

I wouldn't bank on Pearson keeping his mouth shut either, we might learn something sooner than people think.

Personally, based on nothing at all, I think NFP will be advised to keep quiet as he's probably in the wrong.

Isn't Ranieri about the same age as O'Neill? Didn't see anyone questioning MON's age.

I was.

However intially when NP first got sacked I was calling for Big Sam, didn't realise he was 61 though, saying that, I still probably have him, but i'd be more confident of having him at the club longer than Ranieri will be here for.

Matt - you must be the exception that proves the rule. I don't think any of them are too old. Lot too much talked about young, hungry managers.

Ranieri really isn't all that old.

Ok, maybe he isn't, but he won't be here long, that is my main issue with this.

Why is the media in general against this appointment? Is it just because we are Leicester ?

Who knows? I can't think of anyone better who would have actually took the job.

Why is it a strange appointment 'football wise'?

We didn't have a manager, Ranieri didn't have a job, he's done well at other clubs and we (allegedly) wanted a big name manager.

Is it even about the "big" name?

Its just that were getting a very astute manager with a wealth of experience. I cant really see why its strange or a backward move either.

Why is the media in general against this appointment? Is it just because we are Leicester ?

Because they didn't get their blood this summer. The club have done their best to keep things quiet from Bangkok to Austria and will continue that probably from now on.

Yeah, me either.

what do you think makes it strange?

It's strange because older football managers who have managed some of the biggest clubs in Europe don't usually want to end their careers in charge of a parochial club in the bottom half of the Premiership.

Ranieri going to Greece was like a semi-retirement. He didn't even live in the country. His results there suggest that he probably wasn't that committed to the job.

So it's strange that he's now chosen to go back into club management, and even stranger that he's chosen to do it at a small East Midlands club in a League that he hasn't worked in for 11 years.

What do you think his motivation is?

Our aim next season should be to finish 10th in the League. Why would a Manager with Ranieri's history be interested in achieving that?

If he couldn't motivate Greece to beat the Faroe Islands, how is he going to motivate Leicester City?

Aren't the Thais/the club doing just about everything correctly and by the book?

Keeping hush hush about the reasons for Pearson's sacking, not letting much out about Ranieri until it was a 'done deal' (even the bookies didn't really know) and staying out of the media, smacks of professionalism doesn't it? Regardless of whether it's the 'right decision', they've played their cards very close to their chests I think?

The whole thing could have been a complete circus and actually, it's not been at all.

Aren't the Thais/the club doing just about everything correctly and by the book?

Keeping hush hush about the reasons for Pearson's sacking, not letting much out about Ranieri until it was a 'done deal' (even the bookies didn't really know) and staying out of the media, smacks of professionalism doesn't it? Regardless of whether it's the 'right decision', they've played their cards very close to their chests I think?

The whole thing could have been a complete circus and actually, it's not been at all.

Id have to agree. The circus was generated by the media. Klopp and Bielsa were never on the radar and it was probably a case of ironing out Claudio's role, the situation with staff etc.

Why should the club air all the dirty laundry in public? Its obvious there had been a major fallout between them and Pearson after the Thai's had shown an enormous amount of patience and belief in him by keeping him on. They wouldnt have made that decision on a whim.

And in terms of "not knowing anything about football" id say theyve made quite a shrewd appointment as well.

Archived