Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Job

Surely that's illegal?

you're meant to have a break but realistically it's often not possible. the book says you've worked 8.45-9.45 with a one hour break but you only get a second member of staff with you for 4 or 5 hours, and the reason the second member of staff is there is because it's too busy for you to work on your own in those hours, hence it's obviously too busy for you to disappear for an hour and leave a junior member of staff on their bill. 

it's a stupid system but there's not much you can do about it. 

at least that's what it was when i worked in the same job. 

Executive coach and Leadership trainer - self employed.

Good points: Well paid, work from home a lot, play golf a lot, don't answer to anyone (apart from the wife)

Bad points: Can get distracted by reading social media and Foxes Talk when I should be marketing!

Executive coach and Leadership trainer - self employed.

Good points: Well paid, work from home a lot, play golf a lot, don't answer to anyone (apart from the wife)

Bad points: Can get distracted by reading social media and Foxes Talk when I should be marketing!

What is your fee?

Depends on the size of the client and their budget really Tommy. Can vary anywhere between £1k to £3k per day.

lol..for a minute there I thought you said per day!!!

lol..for a minute there I thought you said per day!!!

lol. It's not as if I'm coaching or training EVERY day Raj! For each delivery day there's at least another days worth of prep/review. Then there's the time spent on marketing/admin etc. So I might only do 1 'paid' day a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. The work IS well paid, but it's up & down. During the height of the recession companies slashed their training budgets and it was really tough going. I love being self employed but it's not always what it's cracked up to be. No paid holidays, no benefits etc. But there's no way I'd ever go back to 'corporate' life!

lol. It's not as if I'm coaching or training EVERY day Raj! For each delivery day there's at least another days worth of prep/review. Then there's the time spent on marketing/admin etc. So I might only do 1 'paid' day a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. The work IS well paid, but it's up & down. During the height of the recession companies slashed their training budgets and it was really tough going. I love being self employed but it's not always what it's cracked up to be. No paid holidays, no benefits etc. But there's no way I'd ever go back to 'corporate' life!

Well it seems interesting and you sound like you enjoy it,let me know if you need a lacky!!!..Good on ya!

I work in analytics and insight at a well know telecoms company. Been doing it for nearly 7 years and enjoy it. There's more than enough to keep me interested. It also pays well which is always a positive. Very much like my team too.

Data/Insight Analyst intern at a well-known telecoms company.

Great experience and the people in the team I'm in now are all sound, so it's fairly decent. Nothing too riveting, but I enjoy it and as I'm technically still a student it's nice to get an actual wage for once :D

Only there for 2 more days (officially) unless my contract gets extended. 12 months has flown by, then back to Lboro for final year :)

What course are you doing at Lboro? Are you interested in doing it when you finish? And, dare I ask, which telecoms company was it? :D

I sell plastic sheets down in St Albans. We sell to POS/POP, packaging, vac forming and print markets.

I'm moving to Berkhamsted on Thursday. We're going to be Hertfordshire buddies. Nothing can get in our way, except Hemel Hempstead.

I work in analytics and insight at a well know telecoms company. Been doing it for nearly 7 years and enjoy it. There's more than enough to keep me interested. It also pays well which is always a positive. Very much like my team too.

What course are you doing at Lboro? Are you interested in doing it when you finish? And, dare I ask, which telecoms company was it? :D

I'm moving to Berkhamsted on Thursday. We're going to be Hertfordshire buddies. Nothing can get in our way, except Hemel Hempstead.

Maths & Stats :)

I'm at virgin media - yourself?

Wasn't great for the first few months, and the first half of this year was a bit unsettled, but I recently moved into a new team and it's been great since, so I'm definitely considering coming back, or at least doing something similar once I graduate.

Depends what's available though - might look for a (similar) grad scheme instead and work my way back to an analyst role. I'm set on living in the (East) Midlands though, so I can't be too choosy for my first full time job after graduating.

Maths & Stats :)

I'm at virgin media - yourself?

Wasn't great for the first few months, and the first half of this year was a bit unsettled, but I recently moved into a new team and it's been great since, so I'm definitely considering coming back, or at least doing something similar once I graduate.

Depends what's available though - might look for a (similar) grad scheme instead and work my way back to an analyst role. I'm set on living in the (East) Midlands though, so I can't be too choosy for my first full time job after graduating.

I work for the same company, ha! Based down in London. Where were you based? I'm wondering if I knew the team(s) you worked in :D

I've got an interview to be an in play trader on sports next week. This is literally my dream job. Since I was like 15 or 16 and realised you probably can't get rich off gambling I always wanted to cross the line and become one of them.

Exciting.

Whoever it was who was an odds compiler, any tips? Also is it as good a job as it should be?

I'll put it in here.

Is there much point in doing a Masters (at 23)?; as apparently you get much more job offers and higher salaries etc.

I'm thinking of doing it in around a few years time, get some experience under belt first, but people say do it now etc etc and it's irritating me slightly.

I did my MA when I was mid thirties.

And it led to plenty of opportunities mate.

Lifelong learning an all that.

Secondary school humanities teacher. Gets stressful during term time, especially the school i'm working at which hasn't had the best press or reports lately. Workload can get ridiculous but just as you think you're going to go mad a holiday comes round the corner, recharges your batteries and you can start again. 

Archived