Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Job

Depends on what you want out of life. If going out at the weekend or going to football matches is what you are keen on it's not the job for you - it's working generally anti social hours but it has its plus points. Most people dont get to sit watching sport for a living!

Let them know you understand the basics of betting but dont blag/bs them if you are weak on something. Usually they want keen young people who havent got massive life commitments that would stop them doing the job. Married with kids etc its not viable really because of the anti social nature of the work regarding flexibility of working hours - the sports schedule dictates your working life (dependant on what sports you are trading).

This probably seems a bit downbeat but it's definitely not the exciting glamorous life some people think it would be. Has serious perks too naturally. It's not like having a real job in many ways.

Happy to give some more detailed advice via email if you like. PM me if so.

Dont feel the industry offers up enough chances to people without trading/compiling experience so always happy to help out.

I tick most the boxes you stated and I think they understood that too. Think the interview went pretty well. It's a trading assistant to start with on in play sports (football, tennis, cricket and American sports).

Tour of the "office" looked great haha, looked a nice place to work. Hours don't really bother me.

Hopefully they offer me it and then its decision time.

I tick most the boxes you stated and I think they understood that too. Think the interview went pretty well. It's a trading assistant to start with on in play sports (football, tennis, cricket and American sports).

Tour of the "office" looked great haha, looked a nice place to work. Hours don't really bother me.

Hopefully they offer me it and then its decision time.

Good man. 

Fingers crossed they make the offer. 

got offered the job as a trading assistant. surprisingly i was the dream candidate considering i have an unhealthy knowledge of sports and gambling and an a level in maths. 

now there's a decision to make. heart vs head. 

i currently work as an accounts assistant as i said, and the company i work for 90% funds my AAT qualification whilst employing me. qualifications and experience and then obviously we are in a position to have a very comfortable career money wise. however it is mindnumbingly boring. and right now i scrape about minimum wage and do a lot of hours. this is the role i'd carry on with using my head, i'd knuckle down, be bored mon-fri then get drunk as you can at the weekend and repeat until i've got a qualification, a healthy wage and a wife, then retire and die. easy. 

the heart side is the job i've just been offered. to move to leeds, get paid to watch sport and talk about sport and work with a sound group of people who also like betting and also like sport. hours are random (good and bad points to that), would have to move house out into the unknown, and obviously the wage/prospects are lesser than if i tried really hard and fully made it as an accountant. but it'd be way more fun. 

yikes too much for my head to take on a monday. 

Get this absolute bollocks....

Miserable bitch decides he wants to leave.

Got told that I should apply for her job by my boss (hench pay rise, about 40%).

They tailor the job description so it fits me perfectly.

Hand in application this morning.

Miserable bitch says she has changed her mind and wants to carry on having handed in her notice 3 weeks ago.

I get told "sorry mate".

mfw.

mli54.png

got offered the job as a trading assistant. surprisingly i was the dream candidate considering i have an unhealthy knowledge of sports and gambling and an a level in maths. 

i currently work as an accounts assistant as i said, and the company i work for 90% funds my AAT qualification whilst employing me. qualifications and experience and then obviously we are in a position to have a very comfortable career money wise. however it is mindnumbingly boring. and right now i scrape about minimum wage and do a lot of hours. this is the role i'd carry on with using my head, i'd knuckle down, be bored mon-fri then get drunk as you can at the weekend and repeat until i've got a qualification, a healthy wage and a wife, then retire and die. easy. 

the heart side is the job i've just been offered. to move to leeds, get paid to watch sport and talk about sport and work with a sound group of people who also like betting and also like sport. hours are random (good and bad points to that), would have to move house out into the unknown, and obviously the wage/prospects are lesser than if i tried really hard and fully made it as an accountant. but it'd be way more fun. 

Go the heart, you never know whats around the corner.

No one on their death bed ever says, "i wish id spent more time at work"

If you've got the opportunity to work in something you enjoy... DO IT! The accountsant thing will always be there in 5 years or when ever... and who's to say that you dont go on to become the CEO of sports gaming  :thumbup:

Alternately, ignore all ive said and do what most of us have done.. imagine yourself in 20 years truging to the shower each morning with....

running through your head.

Go with the heart obviously. You can always go back to the head if you fall on your arse following your heart. Good luck whatever you decide.

Never chase the money, you'll only find yourself with more money to feel unhappy with. Do you want to live for 2 days a week or 7? You dont want a job that you find soul crushing. It'll just depress you for the rest of your life. 

Get this absolute bollocks....

Miserable bitch decides he wants to leave.

Got told that I should apply for her job by my boss (hench pay rise, about 40%).

They tailor the job description so it fits me perfectly.

Hand in application this morning.

Miserable bitch says she has changed her mind and wants to carry on having handed in her notice 3 weeks ago.

I get told "sorry mate".

mfw.

mli54.png

Changing a JD so it fits you?

Your company never heard of equal opportunities?

:thumbup:

Guest MattP

Never chase the money, you'll only find yourself with more money to feel unhappy with. Do you want to live for 2 days a week or 7? You dont want a job that you find soul crushing. It'll just depress you for the rest of your life. 

This 100% - You simply have to enjoy your job in life, if you don't you'll be miserable.

Guest MattP

What do you do?

Accountancy is what I'm qualified for, got half way through CIMA but never finished it, stopped a few years back as to run my own sports websites, had some great years with that but now it's pretty much collapsed I'm back in the job market again.

Fun times though, I still have no idea really what I want to do with my life, spending 30 more years in an office has less and less appeal the older I get though.

Accountancy is what I'm qualified for, got half way through CIMA but never finished it, stopped a few years back as to run my own sports websites, had some great years with that but now it's pretty much collapsed I'm back in the job market again.

Fun times though, I still have no idea really what I want to do with my life, spending 30 more years in an office has less and less appeal the older I get though.

I tried Accountancy at a well-reowned local firm in Leicester (Newby Castleman), but had to resign after 3 months as the amount of exams required to be done stressed me out.

Have you been looking for work long, out of interest?

Doesn't help running a betting syndicate at work does it lol

Archived