Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox_you_off

Where's Konchesky? - Joins QPR on loan

Always found him a very frustrating player. Had some really solid moments of brilliance, but also some horrible, horrible stinkers. He's been a loyal servant to the club but he isn't what we need now. Just not premier league standard. Thanks konch, good luck to you.

I would happily pay for the cab that would drop him off at some average League one side if it meant pushing a transfer through. Konchesky is an honest professional. But he isn't good enouenough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33715483

New Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri says experienced left-back Paul Konchesky is "not in his plans".

The 34-year-old started 26 Premier League matches to help City avoid relegation last season and still has a year to run on his contract, but has not featured in pre-season.

Ranieri told BBC Radio Leicester: "He is not in my plans at the moment."

Konchesky joined from Liverpool in 2011 and signed an extension in January last year that was later extended further.

Meanwhile Ranieri, who replaced Nigel Pearson as manager in the summer, said he was hoping to add to his squad in the coming days.

Midfielder Esteban Cambiasso has left the club and Ranieri has spoken of his desire to find a new "leader".

"I expect something, maybe a the end of this week," Ranieri added. "But in the next week we expect to finish everything."

There was a significant pause before he said "at the moment"  The quote should have a comma before that if it is to be truly accurate.  Not that I particularly care either way. But you know - get your quotes right.

Wasn't there rumours of him trying to get a pay off.

Preston wanted him but clearly can't match his wages.

I wish him all the best. Seems a very good pro.

But as for the post suggesting he will go florist. Not a chance he wasn't that popular there.

Always gave his all, and wish him the best (probably go to Derby/Forest); but the right call from Claudio.

Why would he go to Derby or Forest? He's clearly not Championship standard anymore. Still lives in Essex so would expect to see him somewhere like Southend, Colchester or Orient.

HITC Sport understands Leicester City defender Paul Konchesky is a target for Bristol City.

Bristol City are lining up a move for experienced Leicester City defender Paul Konchesky, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Konchesky seems set to leave the King Power Stadium this summer with new Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri recently admitting the defender was not in his plans.

The 34-year-old started 26 Premier Leaguematches last season as Leicester secured Premier League survival with a thrilling end to the campaign.

Konchesky, who joined Leicester from Liverpool in 2011, still has a year to run on his current contract, but the club are open to offers for the former England international.

Konchesky has not featured for Leicester in pre-season and news of his availability has alerted a number of clubs.

Bristol City are hoping to win the race for Konchesky's signature with Robins boss Steve Cotterill in the market for a new left-back after allowing Gregg Cunningham to leave for Preston North End.

SEE ALSO: Leicester to unveil Serie A signing

Cotterill is a big admirer of Konchesy and feels his experience could prove vital to his squad as they prepare for life back in the Championship.

Konchesky has played for Charlton, Tottenham, West Ham, Fulham, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City in his career to date and won two caps for England.

Would Konchesky be a good signing for Bristol City?

List page image © Matt Churchill

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/03/leicester-defender-paul-konchesky-eyed-by-bristol-city/?

Signed for QPR on a season long loan

Left-back joins ahead of season opener this weekend ...

• Paul Konchesky signs season-long loan deal at Loftus Road
  • Defender moves from Leicester City
  • 34 year-old in line to make debut against former club Charlton Athletic on Saturday
QPR have bolstered their defensive options with the loan signing of Paul Konchesky.

The experienced left-back, who has made 550-plus appearances in the top two tiers during his career to date, has penned a season-long loan deal from Leicester City.

The 34 year-old could be in line to make his debut against Charlton Athletic – the club where his professional career began in 1997 and for whom he made more than 150 appearances in all competitions – in the R’s Sky Bet Championship season-opener on Saturday.

Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, expressed his delight at welcoming the former Liverpool and Fulham defender to Loftus Road, commenting: “I’m really pleased we’ve managed to get Paul in ahead of Saturday.

“Left-back is an area we’re light on in terms of numbers at the moment owing to a couple of injuries, so Paul will come in and compete for the shirt immediately.

“He’s got years of experience playing in both the Premier League and the Championship and he’ll come in and add that knowledge and know-how, as well as his undoubted defensive qualities, to the group.”

paul-konchesky-tunnel-61364-2593883.jpg
SIGNS: Paul Konchesky signing number seven this summer for Chris Ramsey's side

Konchesky, who will wear the number 15 shirt, told www.qpr.co.uk he is relishing the challenge ahead, commenting: “I just want to play football – so when QPR came in for me it was a fantastic opportunity.

“I know what QPR as a club are all about having played here over the years – the fans demand 100 per-cent and that’s what I give every time I step on to the pitch.

“I can’t wait to get going and help this club bounce back from last season’s relegation.”

R’s Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, added: “Paul is a proven performer, year on year, with a wealth of experience.

“He’s always been a physically fit player – his stats back that up – and the fact he played 29 times for Leicester last season shows he’s very much up for the challenge that lies in wait this season.

“We’re delighted to welcome him into the squad at a time when Yun (Suk-Young) and Armand (Traore) are both sidelined through injury. He’ll add great competition to our defensive options.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-paul-konchesky-leicester-city-les-ferdinand-chris-ramsey-2593848.aspx#w8guX650CS8KlyhF.99

QPR on loan for the season then

Umm

Not a bad move from our point of view. A transfer fee would have been good but probably negligible and instead (assuming the club haven't been stupid enough not to include a recall clause) he can run his contract down whilst playing for QPR (with them paying his wages) whilst if one or more of Schlupp, Fuchs or Chilwell cop injuries then he is a decent player to be able to recall.

*Didn't realise he played 29 games last season - I'd have guessed at half that figure.

Wish him all the best, you can't say he didn't put in the effort when he played but he isn't good enough for the prem. Made some shocking pass backs, late tackles and if Matt Taylor hadn't missed his pen and we'd gone on to lose against Burnley he'd have been lynched!

He wasn't great but wasn't awful. All the best ...

Archived