Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

i just can't see that either they'd offer him a much better deal or that he'd be that money motivated. i hope it's not but the only thing that would see him choose villa over us is because he doesn't like our new manager.

Do you know him?

Has there been any evidence to back this up at all?

I think your love for him has coloured your opinion.

He could have signed long before NP was sacked. I spoke with his wife and she said he was finalising a deal to go to the US.

The most obvious reason he'd choose another prem side after saying he wouldn't is money.

While I welcome Ranieri at our club and am really looking forward to the new season, he has, in my view, already made one big mistake in his short time here – by stating publicly that he needs to find a leader for this team. Even going to the length of saying that he will undertake a "global search".

Honest? Maybe. Foolish? Definitely. Surprisingly so, even, considering his experience.

Can you imagine the agents' glee at a statement like that? And what does the admittance that we "need a leader" say about the current crop?

I know it's only words, but knowing how much confidence means to footballers, Ranieri could at least used Cambiasso's departure to say something along the lines of "well, Esteban has gone, so the others need to step up now. The squad is full of strong players and I'm looking forward to see who the leaders are in this squad."

Everyone can see we need strengthening in the middle of the park – but not sure why he had to give a statement out that suggest we are leaderless, even if that is the case!

Was thinking exactly this. From the way his previous appointments have turned out, it would seem he is the kind of manager that is great at talking, dealing with media etc but delivers very little when it comes to on field results.

Was thinking exactly this. From the way his previous appointments have turned out, it would seem he is the kind of manager that is great at talking, dealing with media etc but delivers very little when it comes to on field results.

Really? Is that anecdotal or do you have solid evidence ? I thought that when he was first linked and had to backtrack when I actually looked at his record.

So finishing 6th and getting to the FA Cup final in his first season at Chelsea, qualifying for the champions league the second season, all before Abramovich took over at Chelsea, then finishing 2nd and making the Champions League semi final with Chelsea with the help of Abramovich`s money is not good enough for you.

How about winning the uefa super cup while at Valencia, or finishing 3rd with Juventus just a season after they had been relegated to Serie B, followed the next season by finishing 2nd.

Is that not good enough for you?

Of course the only notable thing he achieved at Roma was getting them to a cup Final, so that wont impress you will it!

I`m sure you wont have been impressed in his last managerial job in club management either, getting Monaco promoted back to the top french league in his first season, then finishing 2nd the following season behind money bags PSG.

No, I`m sure you would much rather consider his job with Greece and losing to the Faroe Islands, because it suits your thoughts better. 

That`s a Greece that lost to the Faroe Islands again, after Ranieri left the job, but maybe he should be blamed for that too!

Jose Mourinho of course lost at home to Bradford with Chelsea, in the FA Cup last season, maybe he should be see as a crap manager too, because he had a dodgy result go against him.

I don`t know if Ranieri will work out for us or not, but as a City fan, i sincerely hope he does, i just wish some of our fans would cut the man some slack, and get behind him!

There are enough people in the national media that want him, and ultimately that will mean us, to fall flat on his face and fail dismally, so they can all say "we told you so", without our own fans adding to it!

I expected a different type of project for Cambiasso after he left. Not a Mediocre one at Villa or West Ham.

The clubs being linked show this profile and respect Ranieri was meant to have with the "elite" in world football may just be in Top's head.

Or maybe it's just not all that important. The implication in that statement was that Pearson wasn't among the elite, but he was the guy who managed to sign Cambiasso.

Chelsea backed to snap-up free agent midfielder as West Ham and Aston Villa look elsewhere

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/chelsea_backed_to_snap_up_free_agent_midfielder_as_west_ham_and_aston_villa_look_elsewhere_1_4175282
Copyright © LONDON24

Chelsea backed to snap-up free agent midfielder as West Ham and Aston Villa look elsewhere

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/chelsea_backed_to_snap_up_free_agent_midfielder_as_west_ham_and_aston_villa_look_elsewhere_1_4175282

Copyright © LONDON24

fair play to him if he clinches that deal

While I welcome Ranieri at our club and am really looking forward to the new season, he has, in my view, already made one big mistake in his short time here – by stating publicly that he needs to find a leader for this team. Even going to the length of saying that he will undertake a "global search". 

Honest? Maybe. Foolish? Definitely. Surprisingly so, even, considering his experience.

Can you imagine the agents' glee at a statement like that? And what does the admittance that we "need a leader" say about the current crop?

I know it's only words, but knowing how much confidence means to footballers, Ranieri could at least used Cambiasso's departure to say something along the lines of "well, Esteban has gone, so the others need to step up now. The squad is full of strong players and I'm looking forward to see who the leaders are in this squad."

Everyone can see we need strengthening in the middle of the park – but not sure why he had to give a statement out that suggest we are leaderless, even if that is the case!

I don't think that's fair. What he's said is that he needs a leader. I'm sure King/Drinkwater wouldn't expect to step up to the level of Cambiasso straight away, and saying that they need to 'step up' might put too much pressure on them.

Despite my objections to the appointment, I don't think you can really fault the way Ranieri has gone about his business so far.

Wouldn't mind him going to Chelsea. Just don't want him joining team who will be fight in the lower half of the table (Villa)

Agreed. Dont think it will sting too much to see him at Chelsea. Villa or West ham though...

Guest LCFC_World

If he went Chelsea I would still lose most of my respect for him. Going Chelsea to get 100K a week to sit on the bench... There is no way he would get in the side with Matic, Ramiers, Fabregas and the upcoming Lofus Cheek. Also, I can't stand Chelsea. Either stay with us or go abroad.

If he went Chelsea I would still lose most of my respect for him. Going Chelsea to get 100K a week to sit on the bench... There is no way he would get in the side with Matic, Ramiers, Fabregas and the upcoming Lofus Cheek. Also, I can't stand Chelsea. Either stay with us or go abroad.

He wouldn't be on a 100k a week! and he'd add more trophies to his cabinet if he joined them!

lol and what would you do in that situation?

after the rumours of West Ham and Villa i'd love for him to go Chelsea and win a shitload before he's done.

Choice of 2 of his former managers, one he loves one he doesn't. The one he loves is managing the best team in the league and one of the best in the world... Not a hard choice really and I wish him well if it is Chelsea he ends up at.

Archived