Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

Bellieve me I'm no expert in body language, but this picture shown in an earlier post makes it so obvious that he wasn't coming back. From the photo - all I see is sadness and respect.

I say- let's be grateful he came here, saved us and wish him luck.2378580d74512bbfa2bb07b8598868dc.jpg

Bellieve me I'm no expert in body language, but this picture shown in an earlier post makes it so obvious that he wasn't coming back. From the photo - all I see is sadness and respect.

I say- let's be grateful he came here, saved us and wish him luck.2378580d74512bbfa2bb07b8598868dc.jpg

this wasn't from the last game so he did come back

Worst summer I can ever remember as a Leicester fan

Thailand, chucking away a quite brilliant manager, appointing a 'big name' who is polar opposite to what we had here and was working, Steve Walsh being bombed out of match day squad duties, having too many assistant coaches (what on earth will they all be doing?) , Cambiasso running a mile once he saw who we've inexplicably appointed as manager, Matty James months and months away from fitness.......

Not feeling this season at all

Thailand, chucking away a quite brilliant manager, appointing a 'big name' who is polar opposite to what we had here and was working, Steve Walsh being bombed out of match day squad duties, having too many assistant coaches (what on earth will they all be doing?) , Cambiasso running a mile once he saw who we've inexplicably appointed as manager, Matty James months and months away from fitness.......

You have a very short memory.

Doesn't quite compare to life in the championship scrabbling around for free transfers.

How on earth do you crawl out of bed in the mornings with all that worry hanging over your head?

What a life, eh?

You know you can just pick up another hobby?

chucking away a quite brilliant manager, 

This Pearson hagiography is beyond ridiculous now. That 'quite brilliant manager' was the main reason that we were languishing at the bottom of the table for five months. And for the record, other than his obvious talents in motivating the squad, tactically, I don't believe he had a great deal to do with the turnaround. Totally out of his depth at this level. Further, we still don't know the full reason behind his dismissal and you have to entertain the fact that the owners considered his position untenable. Also, you really don't know that Ranieri is the reason that Cambiasso 'ran a mile'...if indeed he's capable of that at his age.

However, I do agree, that the timing of all this has been atrocious and the lack of a manager, possibly followed by the appointment of Ranieri seems to have damaged our gravitas and credibility on the transfer market.

Worrying times indeed...but as someone just said, you have a very short memory. Perhaps that's why you believe that Nigel Pearson was a 'quite brilliant manager'.

I can't believe how many in this board seem to think like this. It's quite pathetic really. I'd understand slightly more if people are young and have been supporting Leicester for only a year or 2, but anyone who is a little older and has seen any of the last 10 years or so is just being stupid.

We are in a decent position in the Premier League with a decent squad. A player in Cambiasso who had one decent season has gone, but it was only one season and he did his job. He helped us to stay up. Somebody else can do that this season.

As for the pining of Matty James, well I thought he was distinctly average last season and with a replacement or two I won't miss him.

That 'quite brilliant manager' was the main reason that we were languishing at the bottom of the table for five months. And for the record, other than his obvious talents in motivating the squad, tactically, I don't believe he had a great deal to do with the turnaround. Totally out of his depth at this level. 

This is ridiculous. How you can completely blame Pearson for managing a team to the bottom of the league and then not credit his ability to pull a team out of that situation is beyond me. Basically anything he did well was lucky in your eyes and anything he did wrong was his fault. Really clueless. The only good thing about Pearson going is that the anti Pearson crew will never be right. 

In context I don't believe Cambiasso would have stayed even if Pearson was still in charge, however the facts remain that when Pearson was in charge a year ago he signed for Leicester. A year later Pearson is not in charge and Cambiasso has not signed. 

This is ridiculous. How you can completely blame Pearson for managing a team to the bottom of the league and then not credit his ability to pull a team out of that situation is beyond me. Basically anything he did well was lucky in your eyes and anything he did wrong was his fault. Really clueless. The only good thing about Pearson going is that the anti Pearson crew will never be right.

In context I don't believe Cambiasso would have stayed even if Pearson was still in charge, however the facts remain that when Pearson was in charge a year ago he signed for Leicester. A year later Pearson is not in charge and Cambiasso has not signed.

It goes both ways though. You can't praise the escape without acknowledging he had us down there in the first place.

I can't believe how many in this board seem to think like this. It's quite pathetic really. I'd understand slightly more if people are young and have been supporting Leicester for only a year or 2, but anyone who is a little older and has seen any of the last 10 years or so is just being stupid.

We are in a decent position in the Premier League with a decent squad. A player in Cambiasso who had one decent season has gone, but it was only one season and he did his job. He helped us to stay up. Somebody else can do that this season.

As for the pining of Matty James, well I thought he was distinctly average last season and with a replacement or two I won't miss him too much.

We have a decent squad as far as our attack and the goalkeeper situation is concerned. The midfield leaves a lot to be desired for at the moment, with only three fully-fit central midfielders. And we could do with another defender.

Unless you mean "decent" as in playing a decent 3-2-5 under Ranieri. :D

Our position within the league isn't decent, as this team and the new manager have to prove they can either consolidate or improve our standing.

Personally, I'd consider 15th spot with the talent that we have and with this type of experienced manager boasting such a pedigree already a step backwards. But as long as we're not flirting with relegation for too long, I can live with that.

Guest LCFC_World

According to the BBC this morning, Cambiasso could be going to the Villa...

Haha he would be stupid to do that.

It goes both ways though. You can't praise the escape without acknowledging he had us down there in the first place.

Exactly, we were simply dog shit for months. People say we were playing some decent football and were unlucky but some of the teams he picked and the 5-4-1 debacle was abysmal. If Ranieri has a spell for that length of time, tinkering as much as Pearson did then he'll be ripped to pieces on here. I appreciate the sensational last 9 games, but why did the appalling 20 games prior to that happen? Why was Albrighton ignored consistently? Bizarre.

How did that "liability" Wasilewski manage last season by the way? Did he pick up loads of red cards for reckless elbows?

Got to admit I was wrong about Was. He didn't let us down. I don't think I'm wrong about Pearson though. Or the fact we have too many coaches here, or the fact Matty James is a top player and will be missed etc etc

We have a decent squad as far as our attack and the goalkeeper situation is concerned. The midfield leaves a lot to be desired for at the moment, with only three fully-fit central midfielders. And we could do with another defender.

Unless you mean "decent" as in playing a decent 3-2-5 under Ranieri. :D

Our position within the league isn't decent, as this team and the new manager have to prove they can either consolidate or improve our standing.

Personally, I'd consider 15th spot with the talent that we have and with this type of experienced manager boasting such a pedigree already a step backwards. But as long as we're not flirting with relegation for too long, I can live with that.

Oh come on. 15th would be a very good season for us. Don't get too blinded by that last win of the season which took us to 14th.

Teams above us that were safe had stopped playing and a defeat would have left us in 17th.

Our squad currently is about the 16th/17th best in the league. Anything around this position would be decent, anything higher would be a very good achievement. Last season we probably had the 18th best squad, so have improved slightly.

The transfer window doesn't close for a good while yet so I would fully expect us to sign a couple of midfielders. If needs be, King and Hammond can do a job for 2 or 3 matches just like they did at the start of last season very well.

I generally loved watching Cambiasso last season. He is probably the most elegant player I've seen in our colours and I am gutted that he has gone. BUT to console myself I have to remind myself how I felt when he didn't win his tackle against a younger and faster midfield opponent and was left badly trailing behind. It was like a tugboat chasing a speedboat! We can't replace Cambiasso, but we can surely get a good passer of the ball who is faster than what we had. 

Archived