Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

What seems strange is why Leverkusen would be reluctant to up their bid. 

Maybe we're overpaying for players again. Sounds we're going back to the days of Eriksson and paying 500m for Matt Mills.

This player would be the best signing the club has made in it's history.

If we get Aranguiz then our next big signing is a hell of a lot easier.

This is a marquee signing in the true sense of the words.

This player would be the best signing the club has made in it's history.

If we get Aranguiz then our next big signing is a hell of a lot easier.

This is a marquee signing in the true sense of the words.

we said that about cambiasso pal

we said that about cambiasso pal

Cambiasso was a "has been" when he signed for us, Aranguiz is in his prime.

If we tried to buy a £15-£20m signing from South America next season he'd be more likely to come if he knew Aranguiz played for us.

Maybe we're overpaying for players again. Sounds we're going back to the days of Eriksson and paying 500m for Matt Mills.

We are overpaying, that's the only way we can possibly attempt to hijack moves to clubs like Bayer and Marseille. It's not something we can do long term, but we've not exactly spent that much cash this summer anyway.

Starting to wonder why we are even trying any more if he isn't interested. Suggests to me maybe it's not quite as cut and dry and it's being made out.

Because the "I'm not going to Leicester" is just a tactic to force inters hand. As I've said 100 times in this thread, if we were the only offer the lad would be here like a shot as he's already said he wants Europe and wants a bigger shop window. 

10m for a player of his quality isn't really overspending in the current market - he's not some championship bozo, he's a regular for a good country.

If Aranguiz doesn't want to come then he won't, he'll stay at Inter.

If his only two options are Inter and Leicester he probably will. No one will put a gun to his head.

If you agree to take your woman on holiday her first choice might be the Seychelles. If she can't go there she'd probably rather go to the Canary Islands than stay at home if they were her only two options.

If Inter can convince Aranguiz that they won't accept less than €15m and BL steadfastly refuse to pay it then maybe Leicester can sweet talk him round.

10m for a player of his quality isn't really overspending in the current market - he's not some championship bozo, he's a regular for a good country.

Considering Middlesbrough were prepared to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m.  :blink:

If Aranguiz doesn't want to come then he won't, he'll stay at Inter.

If his only two options are Inter and Leicester he probably will. No one will put a gun to his head.

If you agree to take your woman on holiday her first choice might be the Seychelles. If she can't go there she'd probably rather go to the Canary Islands than stay at home if they were her only two options.

If Inter can convince Aranguiz that they won't accept less than €15m and BL steadfastly refuse to pay it then maybe Leicester can sweet talk him round.

Considering Middlesbrough were prepared to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m.  :blink:

£14m will probably get Rhodes.....they've only bid £12m so far

Some interesting dates coming up that have an impact on this transfer:

7th August - Draw for the Play-off round for the Champions League

10th August - player submissions for the Play-off round need to be in

18th/19th August - First Legs

25th/26th August - Second Legs

1st September - player submissions for group stage need to be submitted / Transfer deadline day

I would imagine BL will become a little more pro-active in this once the Play-off draw has been made, rather than the passive and dismissive stance they're taking at the moment.

This transfer is important I think as it sends out a big message whichever way it goes. I hope we get the guy and fook the Germans off. The insulting Fockers.

Whilst I agree to a point, if he was THAT good why are only us and BL interested? He looks a good player but is unproven outside of South America.

Whilst I agree to a point, if he was THAT good why are only us and BL interested? He looks a good player but is unproven outside of South America.

Just because other teams haven't bid doesn't mean they don't consider him to be a good player, Chelsea have been monitoring his progress, but teams like that tend to already have strength in key areas. They might not need to strengthen the areas that other teams do. That being said I think its true that so far Aranguiz has done well, can he hack in the premier league? hopefully we might just find out!

Marseille were interested and it's been reported Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal were watching him.

If we are competing with BL for a signing he must have a certain quality.

Can you suggest a better player we could sign?

Guest MattP

They don't need too, if he isn't coming here they will get probably him, given the choice of keeping him or selling him to Lever for 10mil International would probably still sell if he refuses point blank to come here.

We are just causing a delay here, in reality it's a three way stand off between Leverkusen, International and Aranguiz, history tells us players most often get their own way.

They don't need too, if he isn't coming here they will get probably him, given the choice of keeping him or selling him to Lever for 10mil International would probably still sell if he refuses point blank to come here.

We are just causing a delay here, in reality it's a three way stand off between Leverkusen, International and Aranguiz, history tells us players most often get their own way.

Kante, anyone?

It's not just up to the club, the 3rd party will have its say and will want their money back plus profit.  I think our club have moved on from trying to convince the player but will keep the deal on the table to tempt him of things don't go his way with Bayer.

He is quality. Obviously unproven outside South America but then so are a lot of players. He has been watched by bigger teams than us and is considered good enough for BL to tap him up.

I think that suggest he is good enough for us to be honest and a step up from what we have.

Leicester make offer for player

Bayer Leverkusen make offer for player

Inter accept the offer from Leicester

Player says he’d prefer to move to Leverkusen

Despite 110 pages of speculation I don’t really think anything else has really happened. BL haven’t met the valuation so Inter won’t sell to them. Player won’t move to us because he’d prefer BL. Our offer is still on the table.

That is all.

.... but I suppose it is more entertaining to copy and paste numerous tweets from non-entities around the globe to give the false hope and motivation of progress.

Leicester make offer for player

Bayer Leverkusen make offer for player

Inter accept the offer from Leicester

Player says he’d prefer to move to Leverkusen

Despite 110 pages of speculation I don’t really think anything else has really happened. BL haven’t met the valuation so Inter won’t sell to them. Player won’t move to us because he’d prefer BL. Our offer is still on the table.

That is all.

.... but I suppose it is more entertaining to copy and paste numerous tweets from non-entities around the globe to give the false hope and motivation of progress.

Who bid first, BL or us?

Archived