Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

3 strikers is enough for a club not in Europe? You do realise we (generally) play 442? So what happens if one of our strikers got suspended or injured, which is highly feasible. Suddenly we'd be down to just the 2 strikers, with them both starting and none on the bench (assuming we'd want to stick to 442)

Three strikers is plenty.

We have options like playing Mahrez in the No 10 role if we have a crisis.

Also Chelsea only have three strikers in there squad and they're expected to go deep in the domestic cups and Champions League. If they feel they can get get away with three with their hectic schedule then so can we. 

If you look at any PL club's 2014/15 it would be rare if any that any of those clubs had to made radical changes through lack of strikers. You can even take away their own perceived 4th choice striker and see how valuable he was really was in their campaign, hardly at all would be my guess.

Quality over quantity please every time.

Three strikers is plenty.

We have options like playing Mahrez in the No 10 role if we have a crisis.

Also Chelsea only have three strikers in there squad and they're expected to go deep in the domestic cups and Champions League. If they feel they can get get away with three with their hectic schedule then so can we.

If you look at any PL club's 2014/15 it would be rare if any that any of those clubs had to made radical changes through lack of strikers. You can even take away their own perceived 4th choice striker and see how valuable he was really was in their campaign, hardly at all would be my guess.

Quality over quantity please every time.

Don't pretend that you're the only one that wants quality and the rest of us want hundreds of players, because obviously I want quality within quantity. Did you even read my post? I made it quite clear we play 442, the two at the end means we play 2 strikers my friend. Chelsea play 4231, so 3 strikers suits them fine because usually only 1 will play, so that's irrelevant.

Don't pretend that you're the only one that wants quality and the rest of us want hundreds of players, because obviously I want quality within quantity. Did you even read my post? I made it quite clear we play 442, the two at the end means we play 2 strikers my friend. Chelsea play 4231, so 3 strikers suits them fine because usually only 1 will play, so that's irrelevant.

Yes I read your post and I'm fully aware we play 4-4-2.

You've missed the main point of my posts are that I think the second striker is one of our weakest positions. Ulloa, Okazaki and Kramaric are the best part of £30m worth of players. I'd be happy if we could cash in on any of them or all of them and get an upgrade. If it was up to me it's the first position I would look to change personnel in, even more than right back.

I think three out and out strikers is enough for a team not in Europe and expected to get knocked out the last 16 of both cup competitions on average especially if we have options in a crisis like Mahrez at No 10 or 4-2-3-1 as we have the personnel for that formation.as well.

You've missed the main point of my posts are that I think the second striker is one of our weakest positions. Ulloa, Okazaki and Kramaric are the best part of £30m worth of players. I'd be happy if we could cash in on any of them or all of them and get an upgrade. If it was up to me it's the first position I would look to change personnel in, even more than right back.

I think three out and out strikers is enough for a team not in Europe and expected to get knocked out the last 16 of both cup competitions on average especially if we have options in a crisis like Mahrez at No 10 or 4-2-3-1 as we have the personnel for that formation.as well.

You can't be serious

You can't be serious

lol, I am.  :D

De Laet and Simpson are capable if far from spectacular.

Also you can get away with "average" players as full backs but average strikers don't get you very far.

It's neither one or the other though and both can be upgraded. I'd be happy to sell two of our strikers for say £15m and add another £5m for this fella just for an example.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/foxes-scout-watches-20m-rated-embolo-1990415.html#.ViGKwH6rRhE

We have a team that scores plenty of goals but let's loads in and you think we need better strikers and not better defenders? Wow

We have a team that scores plenty of goals but let's loads in and you think we need better strikers and not better defenders? Wow

Wow, you're making assumptions on something I haven't said. I don't recall ever suggesting not replacing our defenders with better ones but in this thread I'm talking about attack.

We have a team that's scoring goals but that doesn't mean that it can't be improved or make an assumption that all the attacking players must be pulling their weight.

It's a small sample size so some what unfair but I'll highlight it anyway.

We have scored 17 goals this campaign but only one was scored by our second striker.

We have made 11 assists but only one was made by our second striker.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/shinji_okazaki/165/165/2354/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leonardo_ulloa/165/165/10242/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/andrej_kramaric/165/165/8726/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leicester_city/126/165/315/0/t|premier_league/2015/2016/jamie_vardy/165/165/10705/0/p#goals_scored/assists#total

You might look at the team and assume we've scored lots of goals and therefore rather simply think there is nothing wrong with the strikers but I see we're scoring goals despite the second striker.

I'm not trying to assassinate our squad strikers because they're certainly not out of their depth at this level. What I am saying is that there are a lot of players out there who would be an upgrade on them. It's a position we should be actively trying to strengthen as our second striker is one of our weakest positions in the team.

Wow, you're making assumptions on something I haven't said. I don't recall ever suggesting not replacing our defenders with better ones but in this thread I'm talking about attack.

We have a team that's scoring goals but that doesn't mean that it can't be improved or make an assumption that all the attacking players must be pulling their weight.

It's a small sample size so some what unfair but I'll highlight it anyway.

We have scored 17 goals this campaign but only one was scored by our second striker.

We have made 11 assists but only one was made by our second striker.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/shinji_okazaki/165/165/2354/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leonardo_ulloa/165/165/10242/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/andrej_kramaric/165/165/8726/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leicester_city/126/165/315/0/t|premier_league/2015/2016/jamie_vardy/165/165/10705/0/p#goals_scored/assists#total

You might look at the team and assume we've scored lots of goals and therefore rather simply think there is nothing wrong with the strikers but I see we're scoring goals despite the second striker.

I'm not trying to assassinate our squad strikers because they're certainly not out of their depth at this level. What I am saying is that there are a lot of players out there who would be an upgrade on them. It's a position we should be actively trying to strengthen as our second striker is one of our weakest positions in the team.

Second striker is our weakest position really? Its not just about goals but help making space and runs that create gaps for each other. To assume each of our front two whoever it is should have a good goal ratio is moronic. Especially as half of them have not had a run in the side to even dispute your opinion. We have the most expensive strike force in clubs history but there will be moronic views that it should mean there all banging goals in, its bollocks

Second striker is our weakest position really? Its not just about goals but help making space and runs that create gaps for each other. To assume each of our front two whoever it is should have a good goal ratio is moronic. Especially as half of them have not had a run in the side to even dispute your opinion. We have the most expensive strike force in clubs history but there will be moronic views that it should mean there all banging goals in, its bollocks

Yes I think it's our weakest position, whilst not everyone would agree I don't think that too many people would think it's a radical view.

You're assuming that our second striker is pulling their weight by over performing in "making space and runs that create gaps for each other".  Are they really doing any more than what an average striker would do? I notice you're giving them praise for a metric we can't judge then by to justify your extremely flimsy claims but the metrics we can judge them by in goals and assist they're underperforming in. One goal and one assist from the the second striker is a poor return from a team that have 17 goals and 11 assists. 

Do people really believe that our second striker is good enough for a top ten side?

Contributing one goal in seventeen and one assist in eleven is poor for a position that's expected to produce goals. I reiterate I don't think they're particularly bad players but anyone who is happy with them and doesn't see the need to strengthen can't claim to have any ambition of becoming a top ten side.

Yes I think it's our weakest position, whilst not everyone would agree I don't think that too many people would think it's a radical view.

You're assuming that our second striker is pulling their weight by over performing in "making space and runs that create gaps for each other". Are they really doing any more than what an average striker would do? I notice you're giving them praise for a metric we can't judge then by to justify your extremely flimsy claims but the metrics we can judge them by in goals and assist they're underperforming in. One goal and one assist from the the second striker is a poor return from a team that have 17 goals and 11 assists.

Do people really believe that our second striker is good enough for a top ten side?

Contributing one goal in seventeen and one assist in eleven is poor for a position that's expected to produce goals. I reiterate I don't think they're particularly bad players but anyone who is happy with them and doesn't see the need to strengthen can't claim to have any ambition of becoming a top ten side.

Ulloa was our top scorer last season so I'd suggest he's good enough to be our second striker

Okazaki was the replacement for Nugent. He does a very similar role for the team and cops the same flack from the fans. We always played better with Nuge in the team and we are playing pretty damn well with Shinji in the team. Until that changes I have no problem with him keeping his place. I also wouldn't mind giving one of the others a go but dropping Shinji shouldn't be as simple a decision as some are making out.

This

Ulloa was our top scorer last season so I'd suggest he's good enough to be our second striker

I agree to a point, I'd happily keep Ulloa out of the three of them. He's big, quite strong and quite decent in the air and he also brings something different to the table than our other strikers. 

In an ideal world I'd have Vardy + AN Other as our first choice and Ulloa on the bench as first striker to come on.

Except we've upgraded our strikers from last year (or they've upgraded themselves). Last year Ulloa scored far more than Vardy and looked more dangerous. He doesn't this year Vardy has pulled way ahead of him. IMO Okazaki is also better than him and I do believe given the chance Kramaric will prove to be a very good PL striker. Ulloa is a decent PL striker but now we have more (and better) options. Scoring goals has not been our problem this season.

Defensively Vardy and Okazaki defend better from the front than Ulloa. Ulloa is a better defender of set pieces and so Kramaric hasn't shown us if he is any good defensively. Still I wouldn't choose my 2 principal attackers on their set peice defensive skills. I'd rather upgrade my defensive player skills in this area.

How any puts a need for a striker above a RB is way beyond my comprehension.

Gérard is having a nightmare here. We are doing very well as we are, and he is declaring our 3rd and 4th strikers shit and insinuating they are holding us back.

Delusions of grandeur. There's just no pleasing some people.

Worse than that - he'd exchange our 2nd 3rd and 4th strikers for "some one else".  :blink:

Gérard is having a nightmare here. We are doing very well as we are, and he is declaring our 3rd and 4th strikers shit and insinuating they are holding us back.

Delusions of grandeur. There's just no pleasing some people.

The only game I've missed this season so far is Bournemouth away (not going today either).

What do Okazaki and Kramaric do?

Kramaric basically goes round in circles and Okazaki runs around a lot but both offer little end product. They don't get enough goals or assist, I never see them breaking through the lines or particularly trouble defences. 

I'm having a nightmare and delusions of grandeur because I'd happily cash in on the pair of them and put that money to someone like Breece Embolo. Righto pal.  :facepalm:

Worse than that - he'd exchange our 2nd 3rd and 4th strikers for "some one else".  :blink:

FFS, I don't claim to have in depth knowledge on who we should sign just that our three second strikers aren't good enough for a top ten team and need to be replaced by someone who is.

I'll let the scouting team identify a target as I'm sure they have extensive knowledge.

What do you mean what do they do?!

Okazaki has been a good part of the reason for our good start, having been involved in every game. Kramaric has shown glimpses of potential (and has more goals per minute then our other strikers).

I'd like Embolo as much as the next man but he is unproven (much like Kramaric) and who knows how he would get on in this league. To say you would trade 2 or 3 of our strikers in for him is mental.

What do you mean what do they do?!

Okazaki has been a good part of the reason for our good start, having been involved in every game. Kramaric has shown glimpses of potential (and has more goals per minute then our other strikers).

I'd like Embolo as much as the next man but he is unproven (much like Kramaric) and who knows how he would get on in this league. To say you would trade 2 or 3 of our strikers in for him is mental.

Well you may be happy from what you've seen of Okazaki so far but for me he has been a bit of a letdown. Outside of his high work rate I've seen little quality with the ball, goals, assists or troubling defences.

Kramaric seems to flatter to deceive and whilst he certainly has talent I fear for his lack pace or height and strength will ever make him top class. His style of play doesn't suit our fast counter attacking style and he'd be more suited to a team that dominates possession more.

I know nothing of Embolo but he's the type of profile I would love us to sign. Very young and very highly rated and possibly a future world class player. When German clubs are reportedly considering a €25,000,000 bid it adds weight as they very rarely spend that on a dud. 

Suppose you'd have traded Vardy a few times during his time here, too.

Kramaric could be our top scorer for the next 5 years. We just don't know.

Have a beer.

Yes I probably would have sold Vardy to West Brom if they'd have upped their £5m offer in January. It's probably the only time I've been wrong about anything in my life.  ;)

Kramaric has potential but I fear he'll never be the player we hoped mainly due to his lack of physical attributes.

Embolo sounds a lot like Kramaric when you describe him Gerard.

Oh dear.  lol

Well to be fair Kramaric was the profile I wanted us to sign.

Young from country with great footballing pedigree, scoring an obscene amount of goals and being looked at by some of the best clubs in Europe.

I think normally talent shines straight the way if it's there but sometimes it takes time to blossom like Vardy. I think we know what we're getting from Okazaki and Ulloa but Kramaric is more of an uncertainty and if we sold him it could look foolish in five years time. I'd still take my chances and get rid if we could get our money back.

Archived