Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Sad to see these comments, I get why he may be frustrated but making these comments public is just putting himself under real pressure if he gets a chance.

He's clearly got talent just hope it doesn't go to waste.

he was asked a question and answered honestly and calmly, its not like he burst into a press conference demanding answers

I think he needs to leave. For the player primarily. Two managers now don't see Kram as warranting a starting position. It's not good for him not to be playing so if I were him I'd be looking for a move.

Whether he's good enough to start...well I think he possibly is. But I'm not arguing with Pearson or Ranieri. They see him in training and I don't.

Two managers haven't started him, but by the same token two managers haven't moved him on. If he's happy to stay and fight then I'm happy to keep hoping he comes good and takes one of his chances. In the meantime, we're in the fortunate position of having the league's form striker and some decent back up too. No need to panic!

So your dislike of him could partly be due to his antics outside the club/folks you know knowing him etc?

Don't know him at all and certainly don't dislike him ,,,   I hope he has a fantastic career but just don't think at the moment he is good enough for our team.

We can't keep playing him to see if he "comes good" as we are in a highly competative league and cannot afford that luxury ... so what would you do ?? 

My comment was made cus someone said they feel sorry for him, and how you can feel sorry for someone who earns more in a week than a lot of people earn in a year is beyond me ....   especially when he seems to be having such a lovely time ... (apart from when he is being interviewed of course) ...

We can't keep playing him to see if he "comes good" as we are in a highly competative league and cannot afford that luxury ... so what would you do ??

This whole thread is about him NOT playing so what on earth are you on about?

My comment was made cus someone said they feel sorry for him, and how you can feel sorry for someone who earns more in a week than a lot of people earn in a year is beyond me .... especially when he seems to be having such a lovely time ... (apart from when he is being interviewed of course) ...

So if you've got money you are not allowed to be unhappy. Gotcha.

Are you daft? He's not had a chance to show what he can do, we let him go and he will flourish. We can't just cast him a side because he hasn't set the world a light in a few twenty minute cameo appearances.

like I said you need 2 out the 3 and he has none.

Good post.

Only thing I take issue with is saying his all round game is poor. I don't think you can say that until we've seen him in a consecutive run of games, it's hard to make an impression in 10 mins off the bench once a month.

I also think that if we look back to last seasons Arsenal game when he was up front alone he did put a shift in, which shows he can be more than the luxury player some are calling him.

Maybe a bit harsh re all round game, but he didn't seem to bring other players into the game at the business end of the pitch in the recent home cup game. Seemed well off the pace to me.

I remember in the West Ham win last season, Krameric didn't wildly swing at the ball, but brought it under control and put it back into the danger area when Kingy final poked it home.

like I said you need 2 out the 3 and he has none.

You mentioned 3 physical traits, a player doesn't NEED to have 2 out of 3 to be successful. There a many many attributes that make a successful player, yes the top players may be the ones you mentioned as well as have other good qualities. I can't be bothered going through the thread to find your post, but iirc you said 'tall, strong and fast' and players need 2 of these. I can name a couple of strikers who aren't/weren't blessed with 2 of these 3 all important physical features. Michael Owen certainly wasn't tall or strong. What about the magician that is Lionel Messi?

This whole thread is about him NOT playing so what on earth are you on about?

So if you've got money you are not allowed to be unhappy. Gotcha.

I think you know exactly what I am on about.  A lot of people are suggesting he gets a 'run of games' to show what he can do, and I disagree.  On what we have seen so far, and obviously what CR sees on a daily basis on the training ground, he doesn't deserve a run of games.  CR has praised Okazaki and when needed Leo comes on based on merit.  Kramaric may well be  fighting for the next in line with Dodoo ?!?!?

My only real comment here is that we need a minimum of 4 quality strikers if we have any real aspirations of doing well in this league.

On the money side ...  well thats just me ... I have no issues whatsoever with someone living a George Best type life style ...  so long as they play like George Best .... Guilty as charged your honour.

he was asked a question and answered honestly and calmly, its not like he burst into a press conference demanding answers

It's irrelevant how he said it or why he said it, the fact he has said it is putting himself under pressure. When he gets his chance, Hull in the cup, he has to take it otherwise those comments look stupid.

It also makes him seem like he is very low on confidence at the moment. Which is not going to make Ranieri trust him to do a job if we have injuries.

If he said a cliche ridden "frustrated at not playing, but understands why as the team is performing so well", "working hard in training", "going to force my way into the squad", "I know I will get a chance and when I do I will take it." He would be getting lots of praise on here for his attitude.

Honesty isn't always the best policy especially when talking to the press.

It's irrelevant how he said it or why he said it, the fact he has said it is putting himself under pressure. When he gets his chance, Hull in the cup, he has to take it otherwise those comments look stupid.

It also makes him seem like he is very low on confidence at the moment. Which is not going to make Ranieri trust him to do a job if we have injuries.

If he said a cliche ridden "frustrated at not playing, but understands why as the team is performing so well", "working hard in training", "going to force my way into the squad", "I know I will get a chance and when I do I will take it." He would be getting lots of praise on here for his attitude.

Honesty isn't always the best policy especially when talking to the press.

Isn't that basically what he said though in the interview (plus some odd Ranieri comment)

well given that Shinji isn't scoring atm (yes he is playing well but still goals are his first job) I think he AND Leo have a right to ask why neither of them can get a start in the league

Because by doing what he does he helps others (Particularly Vardy) get the goals Jimmy.

When he does get his eye in he will be a gem for us....   imo.

Because by doing what he does he helps others (Particularly Vardy) get the goals Jimmy.

When he does get his eye in he will be a gem for us....   imo.

so you're saying neither of those could do the same? Probably not in the same way but they could, they may even do it better ever think of that? Besides you are missing my point the "you don't changing a winning team" is the most stupid argument in football, if you can improve the side you do it, I'm not saying either of them SHOULD be in the team but they have an absolutely valid question as to why not when Shinji isn't scoring

so you're saying neither of those could do the same? Probably not in the same way but they could, they may even do it better ever think of that? Besides you are missing my point the "you don't changing a winning team" is the most stupid argument in football, if you can improve the side you do it, I'm not saying either of them SHOULD be in the team but they have an absolutely valid question as to why not when Shinji isn't scoring

I agree about the not changing a winning team thing but Okazaki is there on merit and plays a big part in our winning.  Maybe they will do it better ... Leo certainly gives us a different option and I'm sure will figure greatly in CR's plans.

Not sure you'd catch a player making these kind of comments when Pearson was in charge

Because Ranieri is less scary looking than Pearson lol. Pearson would probably bully you to death whereas Ranieri would have a giggle.

Also I guess Kramaric has a bit of an ego, we'll probably get more moaners as we attract better players.

well given that Shinji isn't scoring atm (yes he is playing well but still goals are his first job) I think he AND Leo have a right to ask why neither of them can get a start in the league

Steve Howard wasn't prolific either but played an important part in how we played at the time.

With how we set-up now though, Kramaric doesn't have the stamina and menace that Okazaki has.

Given the amount we spent on Kram, its a shame to see it go to waste but at the moment he's part of a plan B or even C.

Steve Howard wasn't prolific either but played an important part in how we played at the time.

With how we set-up now though, Kramaric doesn't have the stamina and menace that Okazaki has.

Given the amount we spent on Kram, its a shame to see it go to waste but at the moment he's part of a plan B or even C.

This is very true.

Howard was the foil for Fryatt. And a very important player in this respect.

Because Ranieri is less scary looking than Pearson lol. Pearson would probably bully you to death whereas Ranieri would have a giggle.

Also I guess Kramaric has a bit of an ego, we'll probably get more moaners as we attract better players.

He's certainly less scary that's for sure. I think it's a typical case of foreign player goes back to his country and makes comments about his manager and lack of playing time. Happens a lot. I can understand why he is frustrated but he's just heaped more pressure on himself by doing this.

Archived