Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Send him out loan in January, let him get some confidence, then sign David Villa on loan for a few months...easy.

A complete myth that players get confidence by going out on loan.

More often than not a loan is the start of a downward spiral.

Look at our recent examples - Liam Moore, Ben Hamer, Tom Lawrence, Chris Wood. People were calling for these players to go on loan to improve their confidence. But all of these players are further away from the first team than they were before their loans began (or sold on in the case of Wood).

Kramaric needs to stay and fight for his place, same as Drinkwater, DeLaet, Simpson, King etc. have done over the past year when they have faced a spell out of the team.

A complete myth that players get confidence by going out on loan.

More often than not a loan is the start of a downward spiral.

Look at our recent examples - Liam Moore, Ben Hamer, Tom Lawrence, Chris Wood. People were calling for these players to go on loan to improve their confidence. But all of these players are further away from the first team than they were before their loans began (or sold on in the case of Wood).

Kramaric needs to stay and fight for his place, same as Drinkwater, DeLaet, Simpson, King etc. have done over the past year when they have faced a spell out of the team.

Tom Lawrence is doing great for Blackburn, reckon he'll be able to fight for a place when he gets back

Tom Lawrence is doing great for Blackburn, reckon he'll be able to fight for a place when he gets back

Leave him there for the season. All good for his first team experience, then he can come back and show CR that he is good enough for us in pre-season

On Kramaric, he simply hasn't taken the little chances he's been given, whereas Ulloa has. Definitely 4th choice for me. 

Best thing for him to do is get his head down in training work hard and follow the example of Kinf, Drinky, Simpson etc, like what has already been mentioned

His time will come.

Away games in particular our system requires 2 centre forwards pressing from the front which is not what his strength is.

If/when we play teams at home who are here to park the bus that is when we will need him.

In a league as demanding as ours it is highly unlikely we will not suffer with injuries/suspensions at some point and when he does get a chance he needs to take it.

I do not get all this "he ain't good enough for the premier league" that people are saying, how do we actually know that?

Unless you watched him week in week out in the 1.HNL and let's face it I doubt anyone on here did, we don't really know his game style as such

The only things we know about if he is good enough for the premier league is the limited time we have seen him play in the league

Since he has been at the club he has totalled 582 mins of league football that's less then 6 & 1/2 games

Are we really discrediting a player who has played so little game time as not league worthy?

It's not really about causing an error in all honesty, him and Vards' pressing sets the pace for the team and gives us the high tempo in which we play so well at.

Yes, but you only need an athlete to do that, he doesn't have to be an especially good footballer if he's doing little on the ball, not getting close enough to make a challenge and not making runs with purpose. Anybody who runs a lot can increase the tempo - see Phil Gee, from back in the day! Of course it'd be unwise to compare Gee, or Hammond, or any other headless chicken who raises the tempo but does little else, to Okazaki in terms of ability. My only concern - and it's very, very early days to get carried away with concerns - is that we've signed a top drawer headless chicken, as opposed to a bargain basement one.

I'm not sure we've seen enough of him to write off his effectiveness in and around the box just yet. I can't recall him wasting many if any good opportunities. You could argue that he hasn't got himself into enough good situations but we're still early in the season. He had scored as many as Aguero until last week. I'm looking for Okazaki to pick up his goal threat soon but he is doing enough not to be written off.

That said if Ulloa gets a chance to start on Saturday I'd consider that fair.

This is the real point. Judging by his lack of pace and strength, I have to assume we've bought him for either his pressing - which doesn't happen, as I see it, with enough purpose for him to justify his place - or, more likely, for his movement and effectiveness in the box. Yet, as you say, we haven't seen enough of him in those positions. That's not necessarily his fault either.

But yes, on balance, I'd have thought it's Ulloa, not Okazaki or Kramaric, who has really earned the call. Not only for last season, but for his effectiveness in terms of changing games when called upon this season. Maybe that's Ranieri's idea - run them down with Okazaki and Vardy, then call on Ulloa when legs are tired. 

Okazaki was the replacement for Nugent. He does a very similar role for the team and cops the same flack from the fans. We always played better with Nuge in the team and we are playing pretty damn well with Shinji in the team. Until that changes I have no problem with him keeping his place. I also wouldn't mind giving one of the others a go but dropping Shinji shouldn't be as simple a decision as some are making out.

Okazaki was the replacement for Nugent. He does a very similar role for the team and cops the same flack from the fans. We always played better with Nuge in the team and we are playing pretty damn well with Shinji in the team. Until that changes I have no problem with him keeping his place. I also wouldn't mind giving one of the others a go but dropping Shinji shouldn't be as simple a decision as some are making out.

I've not been impressed with him at all, he scored 12 goals for Mainz last season so there is hope but despite his work rate he create little offensively for us.

I'd happily get rid of all our strikers if we were offered a good fee for them and replace them with someone who is on Vardy's level.

I've not been impressed with him at all, he scored 12 goals for Mainz last season so there is hope but despite his work rate he create little offensively for us.

I'd happily get rid of all our strikers if we were offered a good fee for them and replace them with someone who is on Vardy's level.

Simple as that, eh? Much harder to find another Vardy than you are making it out. 

If you read my post properly you'll find at no point did I suggest it would.

Our second striker is one of the weakest points in the team.

You said you would sell all our strikers and replace them with players of Vardys level...if that isn't suggesting it's easy to find Vardy level players then I don't know what your point is....? Just that Vardy is better than our other strikers? don't think that needs pointing out.

You said you would sell all our strikers and replace them with players of Vardys level...if that isn't suggesting it's easy to find Vardy level players then I don't know what your point is....? Just that Vardy is better than our other strikers? don't think that needs pointing out.

I said "someone".

I'd happily sell two or three out of our squad strikers and replace them with one good one.IMO Kramaric & Okazaki aren't good enough and Ulloa is okay. I'd happily trade all three of our average strikers and spend the proceeds on one good one.

I never said it would be easy or mentioned who it should be, get over yourself.

I said "someone".

I'd happily sell two or three out of our squad strikers and replace them with one good one.IMO Kramaric & Okazaki aren't good enough and Ulloa is okay. I'd happily trade all three of our average strikers and spend the proceeds on one good one.

Why so quick to be aggressive? Your phrasing was poor and your point is silly. We need more than 2 strikers.

I said "someone".

Thank god you're not the manager

Thank god you're not the manager

Why because I'd be looking to get rid of either Ulloa, Kramaric or Okazaki and replacing them with someone much better?   :rolleyes:

For the record as a club not involved in Europe three strikers is plenty. Sell any two of the above and bring in one really good one or even sell all three and bring in one really good one and an up and coming one.

What I am reasonably sure about is Ulloa & Okazaki are mid table PL strikers at best and have little scope for improvement and I don't think Kramaric will ever get there and is a lower table PL striker potentially. I'd be happy enough to cash in on all three of them and get our scouting team to roll the dice again with another couple in January.

Sorry if that seems too radical for you. :unsure:  

Why because I'd be looking to get rid of either Ulloa, Kramaric or Okazaki and replacing them with someone much better?   :rolleyes:

For the record as a club not involved in Europe three strikers is plenty. Sell any two of the above and bring in one really good one or even sell all three and bring in one really good one and an up and coming one.

What I am reasonably sure about is Ulloa & Okazaki are mid table PL strikers at best and have little scope for improvement and I don't think Kramaric will ever get there and is a lower table PL striker potentially. I'd be happy enough to cash in on all three of them and get our scouting team to roll the dice again with another couple in January.

Good plan. Should we buy Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi?

Why because I'd be looking to get rid of either Ulloa, Kramaric or Okazaki and replacing them with someone much better? :rolleyes:

3 strikers is enough for a club not in Europe? You do realise we (generally) play 442? So what happens if one of our strikers got suspended or injured, which is highly feasible. Suddenly we'd be down to just the 2 strikers, with them both starting and none on the bench (assuming we'd want to stick to 442)

Good plan. Should we buy Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi?

Sorry you're right. We'll never get Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi and they're the only three strikers in the world who are better than our four so it's impossible for us to improve on our forwards so why even bother trying. :rolleyes:  

Archived