Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Well you may be happy from what you've seen of Okazaki so far but for me he has been a bit of a letdown. Outside of his high work rate I've seen little quality with the ball, goals, assists or troubling defences.

Kramaric seems to flatter to deceive and whilst he certainly has talent I fear for his lack pace or height and strength will ever make him top class. His style of play doesn't suit our fast counter attacking style and he'd be more suited to a team that dominates possession more.

I know nothing of Embolo but he's the type of profile I would love us to sign. Very young and very highly rated and possibly a future world class player. When German clubs are reportedly considering a €25,000,000 bid it adds weight as they very rarely spend that on a dud.

If you can't see Okazakis contribution to the team then I fear for you. Listen, I do understand what you are saying about him. He is doing exactly what Nuge would have done. But he's a team player and whilst Vardy and Mahrez are shining he is a big part of the reason for that. He is doing the job asked of him. End of.

I agree with you that Kramaric doesn't suit our style of play. But neither does Ulloa really. And our style will Evolve just as he will adapt to what is expected of him. His lack of height is not an issue. As for his pace, I'd say it's on par with Aguero and as we know he is perfectly capable in this league.

Well you may be happy from what you've seen of Okazaki so far but for me he has been a bit of a letdown. Outside of his high work rate I've seen little quality with the ball, goals, assists or troubling defences.

Kramaric seems to flatter to deceive and whilst he certainly has talent I fear for his lack pace or height and strength will ever make him top class. His style of play doesn't suit our fast counter attacking style and he'd be more suited to a team that dominates possession more.

I know nothing of Embolo but he's the type of profile I would love us to sign. Very young and very highly rated and possibly a future world class player. When German clubs are reportedly considering a €25,000,000 bid it adds weight as they very rarely spend that on a dud.

Okazaki has looked better in his first 8 Premier League games than Vardy did in his first 8 Championship games-don't slaughter your chickens before they're fat. Two posts ago you were praising the scouting team to the heights- you should trust what they've scouted previously too. If we were plummeting, then perhaps we couldn't afford to give players time to adjust, but we're not. Okazaki is performing fine and will probably improve, Ulloa is playing his game well, and Kramaric will either step up, or he'll move on -a good player not right for our system (cf Chris Wood). We don't need to panic!

Second striker is our weakest position really? Its not just about goals but help making space and runs that create gaps for each other. To assume each of our front two whoever it is should have a good goal ratio is moronic. Especially as half of them have not had a run in the side to even dispute your opinion. We have the most expensive strike force in clubs history but there will be moronic views that it should mean there all banging goals in, its bollocks

Also I've just looked and more evidence to suggest what you say is a myth.

When Okazaki is on the pitch Vardy averages a goal every 139 minutes

When Okazaki isn't on the pitch Vardy averages a goal every 51 minutes

So that indicates he isn't contributing offensively in other ways at all and your perception is wrong.

Imagine if Kramaric had been on the pitch in the 91st minute to get that through ball and tries to chip the keeper.

This is why he doesn't get a game.

what makes you think he would have tried to chip the keeper?

really how many times has he had a ball like that? very very few if ever

West ham in the cup just a few weeks ago.

Arsenal away last season.

Prime examples. Few others along the way.

If you can't see it. Then fine. But don't deny it either.

West ham in the cup just a few weeks ago.

Arsenal away last season.

Prime examples. Few others along the way.

If you can't see it. Then fine. But don't deny it either.

In fairness the Arsenal one Ospina was miles out, much like Pantilimon at the end of Sunderland away, but both times he just didn't quite get the connection. You're talking as if his decision making is dreadful, but he doesn't chip his shots no matter what, only when the keeper is outside his six yard box - just a shame the connections haven't been quite right.

In fairness the Arsenal one Ospina was miles out, much like Pantilimon at the end of Sunderland away, but both times he just didn't quite get the connection. You're talking as if his decision making is dreadful, but he doesn't chip his shots no matter what, only when the keeper is outside his six yard box - just a shame the connections haven't been quite right.

Look I'm not slating the bloke. But it just seems to be his default option and it has yet to work.

West ham for example was a silly option. All he needed to do was bend it towards the far post. Even if he doesn't score he looks like he has tried. He took the wrong option.

As for arsenal. Let's be fair. You can argue it was a good choice. But if he can't get it right against a keeper no taller than him. He isn't chipping anyone in this league anytime soon.

Sunderland was a little different granted. But he rushed it.

Nick picking, on small details, All judgement ot critic IMO isnt fair.

Any player needs a good run, maybe the luck of an injury to get him started.He may have not stood out in training, he needs a

break of some sort, but lets not judge the guy on a couple of performances.Our whole team have had those periods so there

are no comparisons.

If he stays this season, He will get that break, then we can then start to judge him, not before.

If he gets an offer and moves, he still wont be judged by me. Just out of human fair play, I would love to see him get

a chance over 10+ games and grab it with both hands. The same with Ulloa.

You see we need these guys to succeed, we need a strong squad ,with squad and team spirit, like James they are in place,

and ready and waiting.We go out again chasing we have the same problem, somebody waiting to get in.

If you can't see Okazakis contribution to the team then I fear for you. Listen, I do understand what you are saying about him. He is doing exactly what Nuge would have done. But he's a team player and whilst Vardy and Mahrez are shining he is a big part of the reason for that. He is doing the job asked of him. End of.

I agree with you that Kramaric doesn't suit our style of play. But neither does Ulloa really. And our style will Evolve just as he will adapt to what is expected of him. His lack of height is not an issue. As for his pace, I'd say it's on par with Aguero and as we know he is perfectly capable in this league.

I'm not writing Okazaki off but the lad has been subbed at half time so many times that it's quite clear he's not ' bringing ' much to the team right now. He is the one that's sacrificed because he's just barely in games, he presses well and disrupts the oppositions defence but he's had about 3 shots on goal this season in 9 matches and when you see what Dyer and Mahrez or even Ulloa does when they're on the pitch i'm scratching my head as to why he keeps on getting picked. I hope he comes good but there comes a point where someone should be taken out of the team for their own sake as well as the teams. We can't continue to go 2 goals behind and rely on scoring goals in the closing stages of matches. We've proven we're very good when we take the lead in games as well and that's why we need to look at sharpening up from the start. Okazaki right now should be nothing more than a substitute.

I'm not writing Okazaki off but the lad has been subbed at half time so many times that it's quite clear he's not ' bringing ' much to the team right now. He is the one that's sacrificed because he's just barely in games, he presses well and disrupts the oppositions defence but he's had about 3 shots on goal this season in 9 matches and when you see what Dyer and Mahrez or even Ulloa does when they're on the pitch i'm scratching my head as to why he keeps on getting picked. I hope he comes good but there comes a point where someone should be taken out of the team for their own sake as well as the teams. We can't continue to go 2 goals behind and rely on scoring goals in the closing stages of matches. We've proven we're very good when we take the lead in games as well and that's why we need to look at sharpening up from the start. Okazaki right now should be nothing more than a substitute.

I'm still pro Okazaki at the moment and think he is good for Vardy. If and when he chips in with a few goals he will become important to us.  I also think he is best to start the game for his work rate and then let the impact subs come on and attack those tired defenders legs. What this highlights for me is that we desperately need another striker now in case the unthinkable happens and Vardy is out for a while ....   Ulloa and Okazaki may well do a job for us but we need another option ...   someone who is finding the net now ....   unfortunately imo that person is not Kramaric.

CR: "There was a little problem for Ulloa and we wanted to be sure he would be okay, but I think for the next match he will be available," said Ranieri.

"There is no problem with Kramaric. I chose others to come on the bench.

"I had players who can play in more positions, and can change the match and the team."

CR: "There was a little problem for Ulloa and we wanted to be sure he would be okay, but I think for the next match he will be available," said Ranieri.

"I had players who can play in more positions, and can change the match and the team."

Was just about to post that.

Says it all really.

Ulloa is good enough to make the bench even if he only can play in one position, but Kramaric... no.

It is starting to look a bit bleak for him going on what Claudio said after the game but if it doesn't work out so be it we'll recoup a good £5m or so for him no big deal with the money coming in these days we'll take bigger hits over the next few years and still find the odd gem on the cheap. Still think he could have a future with us though.

Something is obviously not right when he can't even get on the bench when Ulloa is injured. I like Kramaric and I think that he's got potential, so I would like him to keep working hard and wait for his chance. Although it's pretty clear that he isn't happy so I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave in Jan.

I can honestly see this being another 'Harry Kane' scenario, in the sense that he can't get going for us, but once he gets a run in a different side he will bang the goals in. And then we all sit and think, why the hell didn't he do that for us...

It's not looking good for Kramaric right now, that Hull cup match could realistically be his last proper opportunity to make a name for himself. I do think he'll go somewhere and score a lot of goals again but we are in a position where we can replace and improve upon what we've got so if this does indeed happen then so be it.

CR

Ranieri did not have a recognised striker on the bench and did not select Andrej Kramaric, despite Leonardo Ulloa being ruled out with a thigh strain.

"There was a little problem for Ulloa and we wanted to be sure he would be okay, but I think for the next match he will be available," said Ranieri.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-winger-Riyad-Mahrez-number-says/story-28012505-detail/story.html#ixzz3p5lc4mcO 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Archived