Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Steve Howard wasn't prolific either but played an important part in how we played at the time.

With how we set-up now though, Kramaric doesn't have the stamina and menace that Okazaki has.

Given the amount we spent on Kram, its a shame to see it go to waste but at the moment he's part of a plan B or even C.

Not 100% sure about Okazaki seems more of an attacking midfielder although still a very good player. Kram needs some game time but it is so difficult in this league.I am sure he must be frustrated but he will need to take his changes when they come.

Vardy/Ulloa still my preferred first choices

Isn't that basically what he said though in the interview (plus some odd Ranieri comment)

No, he said he couldn't understand why he wasn't playing, it is quite simple we have had an amazing start to our campaign without him, he hasn't really taken his chances in the cup and presumably not in training either.

He has to accept it is a squad game, we need at least 4 quality strikers in the squad especially if we are going to play 2 up front, that means 2 will have to be patient and wait for their chance and be ready to take it.

No, he said he couldn't understand why he wasn't playing, it is quite simple we have had an amazing start to our campaign without him, he hasn't really taken his chances in the cup and presumably not in training either.

He has to accept it is a squad game, we need at least 4 quality strikers in the squad especially if we are going to play 2 up front, that means 2 will have to be patient and wait for their chance and be ready to take it.

Think me and you are saying the same thing Cap'n ! ....    We need to get the "4 quality strikers" bit sorted sooner rather than later though.

Like the chance he got against West Ham? Or the one against Arsenal?

or the one vardy had at the end against Norwich? point is, the way he created that crap chip effort against West Ham says to me that if he had played seven or eight straight games, he would have scored more than Okazaki now. all conjecture obvs.

I think you know exactly what I am on about.  A lot of people are suggesting he gets a 'run of games' to show what he can do, and I disagree.  On what we have seen so far, and obviously what CR sees on a daily basis on the training ground, he doesn't deserve a run of games.  CR has praised Okazaki and when needed Leo comes on based on merit.  Kramaric may well be  fighting for the next in line with Dodoo ?!?!?

My only real comment here is that we need a minimum of 4 quality strikers if we have any real aspirations of doing well in this league.

On the money side ...  well thats just me ... I have no issues whatsoever with someone living a George Best type life style ...  so long as they play like George Best .... Guilty as charged your honour.

I thought you just said it has nothing to do with his antics outside of the game?! Yet you keep alluding that it does? You cant say its based purely on what you've seen on the pitch and then say he seems to be having a lovely time acting like George Best etc. It's obviously weighing in on your view of him.

If you think he's shit that's fine but don't try and make out your opinion is based on 'what you've seen so far' as you clearly had it in for him almost right off the bat - going back to August in this thread and before in others - way before any of us could've came to any well rounded conclusions. So you can see why I struggle to view your opinion of him as balanced.

I thought you just said it has nothing to do with his antics outside of the game?! Yet you keep alluding that it does? You cant say its based purely on what you've seen on the pitch and then say he seems to be having a lovely time acting like George Best etc. It's obviously weighing in on your view of him.

If you think he's shit that's fine but don't try and make out your opinion is based on 'what you've seen so far' as you clearly had it in for him almost right off the bat - going back to August in this thread and before in others - way before any of us could've came to any well rounded conclusions. So you can see why I struggle to view your opinion of him as balanced.

Fair point and well expressed .... perhaps I'm not expressing myself as well as you have.  I don't have it in for him but maybe it does come over like that ...   when I started the Austin v Kramaric thread it was because I wasn't impressed by how he had played which was compounded by the fee we paid. I honestly believe he should go out on loan and let him (hopefully) showcase his talents .... then he really can bang on Claudios door.  In the meantime I am concerned about our strength in depth up front.       .... and I'll shut it about any non related football matters ...  cus like I said you may have a point.

From what I've seen of him, Kramaric's game seems to be more about goals. If he's not scoring, he's not contributing as much as Vardy, Okazaki or Ulloa when they're not scoring goals.

Vardy and Okazaki provide a high tempo, high intensity, pressing style that keeps defenders on their toes. Ulloa gives us the ability to hold up the ball and provide an aerial threat up front and an extra defender after conceding corners and free kicks.

It's no wonder that a Kramaric who's in poor form isn't given as much of a chance to get back into form as the other three when they're not at the top of their game.

I still think that Kramaric is potentially our best goalscorer. I understand that he's unhappy about not playing. I wouldn't expect any player to be happy at sitting on the bench, especially one who scored as many goals for Rijeka as Kramaric did before Christmas last year, one who was being chased by the eventual Premier League champions, one who was playing and and scoring in the Europa League, and one who's looking to be his country's main striker (for a decent country at that).

I'm sure Ranieri will advise him on how he can win his place back. My opinion is that he has to accept the position he's in at the present time, show Ranieri that he's better than Vardy, Okazaki, and Ulloa in training, and when he gets a chance - be it in the league or the cup - take it.

If he bags a hat-trick against Hull, Ranieri won't be able to ignore him then.

Better yet, the international games he has against Bulgaria and Malta are excellent chances to show Claudio what the team is missing without him in it.

I wouldn't want him to leave without him having a proper run in the team but I'm not sure what he's done that leads him to believe he deserves his chance. Looks a bit too casual and cocky from the little I've seen of him so far. The energetic and economical players will look the better options imo.

There's a class player in there so maybe we can give him a go soon but he'll have to grab the bull by the horns when/if his chance comes

Guest CityFan 06

Still believe he is a good player and we have seen some glimpses of what we can do. Do feel for him a bit, hopefully he can still believe in himself that he is talented if he gets a chance to play.

I really think the lad is a great player when he has that ball at his feet running at the defence I really wouldn't want him playing against us so maybe we Should send him on loan to Celtic to give him game time and build his confidence then he can show Ranieri he has the ability to bang the goals in and prove he can compete!

Got half hour against Malta today, anyone manage to catch the game/know how he did?

I watched the last 20 mins, Kramaric did literally nothing. He didn't have a single shot in that time nor even a run or a decisive pass. In fairness Croatia were playing relatively safe to avoid the prospect of a Malta counter-attack.

Kramaric is starting to look lightweight in my eyes. When he first came here he was purposeful and skillful, these days he's like a lost soul. I really do hope he comes good for us.

Would Krammy get in the Celtic first 11? Leigh "the thumb" Griffiths has  been banging them in for fun this season.

Anyone decent can "bang them in for fun" in Scotland.

Krammy would have 364 goals already this season.

Vardy has scored 12 goals in 42 appearances in PL. (7 of wich are in his last 8 games)..

You guys think Kramaric couldnt do that with a constant game time? He played 157 minutes this season (12 in PL)

Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't. Fact is that our entire game and style of play is built around Vardy now and what he brings to the team.

I get that it must be frustrating for Croatians that he's not playing, but the team is doing superbly right now without him and he's not showing enough in his limited game time on the pitch - particularly against West Ham - that he deserves to be starting.

Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't. Fact is that our entire game and style of play is built around Vardy now and what he brings to the team.

I get that it must be frustrating for Croatians that he's not playing, but the team is doing superbly right now without him and he's not showing enough in his limited game time on the pitch - particularly against West Ham - that he deserves to be starting.

He also started in both League Cup games when we played a virtual reserve side and still got subbed in both.

There's definitely a player in there but he's not quick or big and strong enough to become top class.

If we can recoup most of our money on him we should and buy another forward. 

Archived