Finnaldo Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Much bigger challenge than a hapless Sunderland side. Gotta focus on the defensive side of our game because West Ham will give us at least double the trouble they did today. Formation wise, unsure if it'll be a 4-4-2 again or crack out 3-5-2 for a big away game. Either way, I'm pretty confident following today. 1-1 or 2-1 Leicester, Ranieri to keep the good times coming
lgfualol Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Would take a draw. Got to be same team hasn't it? Maybe this for defence with rest of the team unchanged. Wasyl/Ben, Huth, Morgan
TheSomersetFox Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Can see the crowd getting on their back's if they don't start too well, especially after their embarrassing showing in Europe. Hopefully we get after them from the off
RowlattsFox Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 They will be under pressure to attack so it should play into our hands. They also have James Collins in defence, vardy and co will cause him all sorts of issues No reason why we can't win there.
weller54 Posted 8 August 2015 Author Posted 8 August 2015 Andy Carroll due back soon, but probably not in time for this game... I'm going 2-2!
Mike the Metal Ed Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Never win in London, got a workmate who supports West Ham. I'm going for 3-1 City.
weller54 Posted 8 August 2015 Author Posted 8 August 2015 Think we'll have our Cambiasso replacement in place for this one.. Inler perhaps?
KFS Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Tough test that will demand more from the defence than today. Think we'll edge it 2-1 but could see a loss if they turn up.
Munshi Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 Start Kante over King. For what reason would you take out a player who played well in a 4-2 win, for a player who hasn't proved himself and is lacking real match fitness?
shailen Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 I'm confident. A repeat performance and we will be too strong for West Ham.
Wymsey Posted 8 August 2015 Posted 8 August 2015 West Ham aren't 'all that', tbh. They're like Everton in many ways, a lot of expectation from fans but don't quite meet their standards. I'd say it'll be tight, but we'll nick it.
tom27111 Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 We never win there. I hope I'm proven wrong, but can see a defeat by the odd goal. I'll say 2-1 to the hammers. Sorry, not a pessimist, just a realist. I'd snap your hand off for a draw.
Hack Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 These are bollocks, 3-1 City. After today's performance I can see a 2-1 win. Not a lot of teams other than the top six will be out of reach of a win for us even away from home.
FireFox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 0-3 Yohan and Fuchs in for the fullbacks. Maybe Kante in too.
CheshireFox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Start with the same team I'd say and the same formation, drop to 3-5-2 if we look a bit shaky in defence after half hour. Only thing that might be an idea tho is getting Fuchs in from the start.
Claridge Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Start with the same team I'd say and the same formation, drop to 3-5-2 if we look a bit shaky in defence after half hour. Only thing that might be an idea tho is getting Fuchs in from the start. we looked shaky in defence today against the worst team ive ever seen in the prem.
Lineker's Left Foot Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Just a win at Upton Park for once please...
TMELcfc Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Im sure they'll be a focus on defending this week. Disappointing that both centre backs went to close the Sunderland player who played in Defoe and Kasper exposed. But first game rustiness. I felt a lot more confident with 3 at the back last year, maybe as we are away he'll go for that, but I think we will get something, be happy with a point.
Guest Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Would love a win but definitely take a point away against a likely mid table team. Wont grumble if we stick with winning formula nor would I if we revert back to the successful 3-5-2 with Albrighton and Schlupp reprising the wing back roles. Very much looking forward to it though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.