Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham away.. Pre match

Unbelievably, we've lost 17 of our last 20 here, winning only 1. The ultimate bogey ground. So certain to be tough, especially after their great win v Arsenal.

I'd make 2 changes - Was in for De Laet as we need more height to deal with their physicality; and Kante for King, as we need a ball winner in there for away games. Kante's inclusion will be especially important to protect the centre halves if we go for 4 at the back again.

But fully expect CR to retain the same team and could hardly complain. Really liked our flexibility on Saturday. People called it a 4411 but it was more fluid for me.

Here we go again, 1 game gone and King is the 1st name people want to drop....

There were so many posters, from last season left with egg on their faces, its a wonder KFC still have enough chickens.

thought drinky was better than King and people want to see Kante start, hardly a surprise is it.

thought drinky was better than King and people want to see Kante start, hardly a surprise is it.

Yes...it would be for me. I like DD, but he should be chasing King.DD didnt have a good last season, King did.

For me King is in possesion, others have to knock him off his Perch. Kante I agree could have his full debut, or Claudio might want to give him a couple of more games from the bench.

No matter what I think, and whether people agree or disagree, Claudio is the guy who will do the picking, from my side he has carte blanche for the 1st 1-2months before I opinionate, my thoughts on rights and wrongs of selection and tactics.

It might not even be a straight fight between the 2, we have the luxury to sit back watch and enjoy our team develope.

Hopefully keeping both happy and playing..

Tough game, would take a point if offered it now.

I would go with the 3-4-1-2 formation as I think that would work against West Ham's midfield diamond. The important thing for me here is to not worry too much about their strengths, and instead focus on our own. We saw plenty of times last season that simply trying to contain teams does not work, they find a way through eventually.

Not a lot to lose this early in the season, so with 3 points already on the board, I would like to see us get at them like we did on Saturday

It'll be interesting to see if Ranieri gets them to go all out in the first 20 or whether he opts for a sit and hold approach.

I think 3 at the back might be back here and he might sacrifice Schlupp and De Laet for Kante and Benny Lou Wayne or Wasyl.

Upton Park is always tough and if we get a point it's a great result.

Unbelievably, we've lost 17 of our last 20 here, winning only 1. The ultimate bogey ground. So certain to be tough, especially after their great win v Arsenal.

I'd make 2 changes - Was in for De Laet as we need more height to deal with their physicality; and Kante for King, as we need a ball winner in there for away games. Kante's inclusion will be especially important to protect the centre halves if we go for 4 at the back again.

But fully expect CR to retain the same team and could hardly complain. Really liked our flexibility on Saturday. People called it a 4411 but it was more fluid for me.

yeah I think replacing 6'1 De Laet for 6'1 Wasyl will add much more height

yeah I think replacing 6'1 De Laet for 6'1 Wasyl will add much more height

Surprised they're the same height. Either way, Was is much stronger in the air than De Laet. We struggled on set pieces at the weekend, I think. Without Ulloa, we only had Huth and Morgan to attack the ball and Kasper was unconvincing on the high ball. A team largely modelled by Big Sam will look to exploit that, even under a new manager.

De Laet             Huth                  Was

Albrighton                                                                  Schlupp

Drinkwater      Kante

Mahrez

Okazaki       Balotelli

:ph34r:

Just met Claudio and had a quick picture with him at Leicester train station on my way to work.

Nice guy. Wonder where he was going. None of my business! I suppose! lol

Nice to meet him anyway ahead of my away trip to West Ham.

Yes...it would be for me. I like DD, but he should be chasing King.DD didnt have a good last season, King did.

For me King is in possesion, others have to knock him off his Perch. Kante I agree could have his full debut, or Claudio might want to give him a couple of more games from the bench.

No matter what I think, and whether people agree or disagree, Claudio is the guy who will do the picking, from my side he has carte blanche for the 1st 1-2months before I opinionate, my thoughts on rights and wrongs of selection and tactics.

It might not even be a straight fight between the 2, we have the luxury to sit back watch and enjoy our team develope.

Hopefully keeping both happy and playing..

King had a good end to the season, before the run in I don't remember him doing much.

Drinky was off his game last season but he's a better player than king when on form.

I'm tempted to go with 3 in the middle anyway as per the end of last season, in which case it would be a moot point.

Just met Claudio and had a quick picture with him at Leicester train station on my way to work.

Nice guy. Wonder where he was going. None of my business! I suppose! lol

Nice to meet him anyway ahead of my away trip to West Ham.

None of your business?! Grill him Ffs he could on the way to complete a signing! lol

West Ham weren't that good against Arsenal - their win was a combination of poor goalkeeping from Cech and chances missed by Arsenal. Still think they're an average side so we need to do the same thing as against Sunderland and we should have this one. Having said that, the 16 year old midfielder looks one for the future.

None of your business?! Grill him Ffs he could on the way to complete a signing! lol

Haha! Tbf it was only after that I thought, I should of asked or said this. Always works like that! I was a bit starstruck tbh! May sound a bit sad but I actually was! Nice man!

All we need now is a win on Saturday!! COYB

Which they will probably not do at home, against us.

As long as we are solid at the back they can come on to us and we can hit them on the break. If we play like we did saturday we will get goals, depends if we can keep them out...!

That's literally exactly what I just said.

Schmeichel

Wasilewski/Benalouane (if both fit put the other in bench in place of RDL)

Huth

Morgan

Albrighton

King

Kante

Schlupp

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Schwarzer, De Laet, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Hammond, Ulloa, Kramaric

Let Kante kick Payet all over Upton Park.

Make sure Vardy/Okazaki don't give Oxford a moments peace (assuming he plays)

Get Mahrez in between the lines and plenty of movement from JS, MA, JV & SO and we'll be in business.

I think their LB and RB positions are their weakest.

Need to use Mahrez and Albrighton as much as possible, as their CM's are quite strong.

Think this'll be a game for Ulloa and Vardy, bring Okazaki on 2nd half when their defence's legs are tired.

King had a good end to the season, before the run in I don't remember him doing much.

Drinky was off his game last season but he's a better player than king when on form.

I'm tempted to go with 3 in the middle anyway as per the end of last season, in which case it would be a moot point.

That reminds me of the the old joke....

He started brilliantly (which he did) , had a good extended middle part, and did reaally well at the end.

besides that cant remember too much about him..

King seems to be on of those players, who some posters find his performances easy to forget.

I just hope he realises his performances and services are appreciated, by the majority of fans.

Whetherr DD or any other players are better than any another is up to the individual pov.

So besides for the banter all opinions are moot, we dont get to choose..

Still love crossing swords and then sometimes fighting in the same trenches with you...

Archived