Callabinho Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Can't really read much into them as Arsenal were so poor, one things for sure we will have to be better at the back.
ousefox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Would take a draw. A loss isnt the end of the world after today
Corky Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 We seem to have a fear factor of this place, isn't it 15 defeats in 17 there or something?
Fox92 Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Very surprised they've just won at Arsenal, clean sheet too. It'll be a difficult game on Saturday so I'd take a draw but I'd love to see us win there.
atomicfox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Being a pessimist I'd take a draw right now,but if we want to move on we need away wins against sides like west ham
Kitchandro Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Looking forward to it, why shouldn't we after the performance yesterday. Let's not be stupid a la last season and abandon the attacking mentality which is the key to our success, just because we're playing away. We can't afford to put ourselves on the back foot. For those going, where is everyone drinking?
filbertstreet Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 For those going, where is everyone drinking? I didn't get a ticket but used to live round there, the Boleyn pub's great if you can get in or if not Queens by the tube station is alright as well gonna rinse these guys
Guest Col city fan Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 No way would I play a 4-4-2 again for this one. Three across the centre and Kante to come in. Just because we looked great yesterday doesn't mean it will work every week. And West Ham will now have their tails up, no doubt. I think we need to control the middle and hit with pace.
Stuntman_Mike Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Not sure if this has been mentioned but i hope we beat west ham because of this! https://instagram.com/p/6ImbH3g-6q/ Andy Carroll wont be laughing then! I don't get it?
kingfox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 I'd be tempted to go with a 3-5-2, got to be aggressive against them especially in the middle of the park, rumours that they might be signing Jimenez so I'd go with Benalouane partnering Huth & Morgan, Benalouane has height, pace & is aggressive. West Ham committed quite a few fouls when Arsenal managed to get in behind & get a run at them, get Mahrez, Vardy & Okazaki running at them then we might cause problems & have them commit silly fouls. Schmeichel Benalouane Huth Morgan Albrighton Kante Inler? Drinkwater Mahrez Vardy Okazaki
Guest Col city fan Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 I'd be tempted to go with a 3-5-2, got to be aggressive against them especially in the middle of the park, rumours that they might be signing Jimenez so I'd go with Benalouane partnering Huth & Morgan, Benalouane has height, pace & is aggressive. West Ham committed quite a few fouls when Arsenal managed to get in behind & get a run at them, get Mahrez, Vardy & Okazaki running at them then we might cause problems & have them commit silly fouls. Schmeichel Benalouane Huth Morgan Albrighton Kante Inler? Drinkwater Mahrez Vardy Okazaki Very shrewd post and I agree. If we sign Inler? That's the team I'd play too.
weller54 Posted 9 August 2015 Author Posted 9 August 2015 Kante looked like a youth team player when he came on yesterday... Hope he can handle the physicality of the PL?
st albans fox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Inler won't come straight into the team. AK will keep his place. would also be surprised to see CR change from 4 at the back, now we've won playing it. I Suspect 4-5-1
lgfualol Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Kante looked like a youth team player when he came on yesterday... Hope he can handle the physicality of the PL? He looked fine to me? He only had about 10 minutes. If Mahrez can handle it I think Kante will be fine.
chicagofox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 So, some people think Mahrez should play left wing-back instead of Schlupp? That makes zero sense
benpicko Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Schmeichel De Laet - Huth - Wes Albrighton ---------------- Schlupp Drinkwater - Kanté Mahrez Vardy - Okazaki
lgfualol Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Is there any update on De Laet? Might see Benalouane make his first start. A draw would be superb.
FireFox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Is there any update on De Laet? Might see Benalouane make his first start. A draw would be superb. Pretty sure Claudio said no one was injured.
Ian S Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 [quote name="Kitchandro" post="3529187" timestamp="1439135053 For those going, where is everyone drinking? Black Lion Plaistow,just down from Plaistow Tube then 10 minute walk to the ground,proper football pub.
Ian S Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 So, some people think Mahrez should play left wing-back instead of Schlupp? That makes zero sense Agree, a nonsense.
Bob Weasel Fox Posted 9 August 2015 Posted 9 August 2015 Will be a bloody hard game We don't usually do well at West Ham Time to change that stat
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.