Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham away.. Pre match

I appreciate the tone and sentiment of what you intended but it only demonstrates your failure to grasp the issues.

It doesn't. I won't be using the word in regular conversation as I know that it is considered offensive. I understand the situation quite fully.

Showing mock support for something bad is not an uncommon theme in humour. The crucial asepct of the joke is that it's mock support, not actual support.

Got to keep same team. For me there is nothing wrong with two up top when its Vardy and Okazaki. They both defend from the front so well that its almost like having a third midfielder. 

Confidence is high and each player deserves to keep his place. 

This one's really hard to call. West Ham will be favourites given who both teams beat but I wouldn't rule us out of this. Probably under-estimated them a bit before the Arsenal game but I do think a lot of it was how poor Arsenal were, and West Ham aren't going to be that defensive at home to us.

I'd probably take a point from this if offered it.

I'd imagine we'll change a bit. Nothing wrong with that for me if there's method in the madness.

Be nice to finally get a win here though as our record at Upton Park is absolutely foul. It'd be embarrassing if it was someone like Man Utd, but West Ham? :blink:

The great thing about the starting 11 of:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Huth - Morgan - Schlupp

Albrighton - Drinkwater - Kanté - Mahrez

Okazaki - Vardy

is that it can easily become:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton --------------------- Schlupp

Drinkwater - Kanté

Mahrez

Okazaki - Vardy

without having to bring on any substitutes. Very happy with that.

There's no doubt they will be better at the back than Sunderland but our pace will cause them problems. I can see them doubling up on Mahrez after Saturdays game. This should provide space for others in the middle. This could be a game from Krameric with his trickery inside the Box. While I understand people calling for the same team, this is a results business and I would not be surprised to see a few changes. Although I would take a point now away from home. I still feel we can nick it but Kasper will have to recover his form quickly.

Kasper being criticised I just dont understand..yes the 1st goal he could of done better.

His saves during the whole game were top drawer..

Being a goalkeeper is as much about doing the simple stuff as it is making the world class saves.

Kasper is a good shot stopper but he has too many rushes of blood to the head that he needs to stop.

His judgement of when to come off his line and when to stay put is not great.

Being a goalkeeper is as much about doing the simple stuff as it is making the world class saves.

Kasper is a good shot stopper but he has too many rushes of blood to the head that he needs to stop.

His judgement of when to come off his line and when to stay put is not great.

I dont disagree, with your point..but no goalkeeper is mr Perfect, they have their strengths and weaknesses,

even Banks, Shilton etc. Kasper is a fine Int goalkeeper, and is doing damn well between the city posts.

The criticism in my opinion goes too much over the top, in the two goals we let in, I could say where was kaspers protection,

Vardy, Mahrez should have scored 4 more goals between them, we tend to forgive and forget their misses.

It could be argued Kaspers saves, saved us the match. This forum over analyses too much..thats all.

ps...if I call you kitchy, intead of kitchandro, is that a racist slur or a Pc incorrect use of the language????

As others have said, West Hams first home game after beating Arsenal. They are going to be well up for it, which means they will attack us.

Let's not worry too much about defence and just stick with an energetic, attacking side.

With Vardy, Okazaki, Mahrez, Schluup and Albrighton im confident we can outgun them.

Having said that it might be wise to drop Shinji for Ulloa to help us on set pieces and getting on the end of Albrighton crosses.

Mahrez against Cresswell should be fine It's the centre of defence where they're strong with Collins and Reid. We'd need Was in there with a couple of elbows to soften them up.

Collins can be dirty and nasty. If we can move them out of position i feel we will be too quick for them.

That new lad in the middle looked quite useful against Arsenal. We can't allow him run with the Ball the way Arsenal did. If were not muscled out of it I fancy us for the draw at least even though it's not one of our favourite grounds.

I think we'll revert back to our 3-4-1-2 formation as it matches up well against the West Ham diamond midfield. Our wing backs will have more opportunity to get forward and our three man defence is better occupied against two forwards.

Schmichael

Was

Wes

Huth

Schlupp

Albrighton

Kante

King

Mahrez

Vardy

Okazaki

If we can tighten up the defence to the level it was at towards the end of last season, I give us a decent chance against West Ham.

Our passing out of defence, particularly when we counter attacked at pace, was very good, something that was not at all obvious on MOTD. Our pressing too was first class, Okazaki was every bit as good as Vardy in that respect and we won a lot of ball high up the pitch. For all their virtues Arsenal don't do that, if we play like we did saturday we can really shake them up.

Remember, West Ham will be at home and wanting to get after us, press them, force errors and hit on the break.

The great thing about the starting 11 of:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Huth - Morgan - Schlupp

Albrighton - Drinkwater - Kanté - Mahrez

Okazaki - Vardy

is that it can easily become:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton --------------------- Schlupp

Drinkwater - Kanté

Mahrez

Okazaki - Vardy

without having to bring on any substitutes. Very happy with that.

Totally agree with this. Would be harsh to drop King but the flexibility is there providing that everybody knows their roles. If it's looking too open to begin with then switch to a 3-5-2

Also, I'm not buying into this raving about West Ham because of one win against Arsenal. They've had a pathetic shot at the Europa League - ok they played their youth squad in the away leg at Astra but in the previous rounds they scraped through playing their first team. They will certainly play with a different attitude to Sunday and I think that it will work in our favour.

You couldn't get a different play style from Arsenal's to ours.

We've learnt that they can sit back and soak up pressure but can they handle our pace/tenacity? Only time will tell.

Which they will probably not do at home, against us.

As long as we are solid at the back they can come on to us and we can hit them on the break. If we play like we did saturday we will get goals, depends if we can keep them out...!

Which they will probably not do at home, against us.

As long as we are solid at the back they can come on to us and we can hit them on the break. If we play like we did saturday we will get goals, depends if we can keep them out...!

I'm hoping you are right Marbs

Like you say it's keeping them out will be the potential issue

Archived