Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

What a load of sanctimonious shilo you spout! The word 'Jap' is merely a diminutive of the word 'Japanese' and has no offensive or derogatory connotation whatsoever. 

Actually it does, Jap is an offensive term relating back to POW camps in WWII - but it's expected that people would be ignorant of that given it's not ingrained in our culture like paki or nigger. Still, the problem comes if he's said it because the guy looks like he's from the east asian region; in which case the subtext is "all of them look alike", which is offensive.

What a load of sanctimonious shilo you spout! The word 'Jap' is merely a diminutive of the word 'Japanese' and has no offensive or derogatory connotation whatsoever. There exists other terms for Japanese people that are certainly derogatory and if his purpose was to denigrate someone on account of their race he would've used one of those. Merely assuming the nationality of an individual based on their racial appearance may be wrong-headed, but it is not by and of itself is not an example of racist behaviour. The dirty little rag in question (with it's own filthy reputation for using racist language and stirring-up genuine racial hatred as well as the lies it told about Hillsborough AND the fact that it has used the diminutive 'Jap' itself in its own headlines) should be told to 'do one' in no uncertain terms. There really is nothing to see in this story. Vardy should do absolutely nothing. We should all move on and forget it even happened...

He isn't a japanese

End of defence

Where is he from?

Does he look Japanese? By that I mean is it normal to look at him think he is Japanese? I like to think I can tell my Japanese from my Korean and Chinese but some Koreans and Chinese can look very Japanese and vice versa.

Wait...who are we talking about here...I'm bloomin confused!???

Where is he from?

Does he look Japanese? By that I mean is it normal to look at him think he is Japanese? I like to think I can tell my Japanese from my Korean and Chinese but some Koreans and Chinese can look very Japanese and vice versa.

I like to think I can tell my French from my Germans, but quite frankly, unless they're goose-stepping in lederhosen or stink of garlic in a beret, I struggle.

Yeah.

Mahrez was in there last week , very well behaved , no selfies but happy to chat to people

I have seen JV in there plenty and always has a few drinks

28 it's not holding him back his beer as his improvement in 3 years is startling

Actually it does, Jap is an offensive term relating back to POW camps in WWII - but it's expected that people would be ignorant of that given it's not ingrained in our culture like paki or nigger. Still, the problem comes if he's said it because the guy looks like he's from the east asian region; in which case the subtext is "all of them look alike", which is offensive.

it's also short for Japanese, have a word with yourself.

Well he didn't call Okazaki a 'Jap' and bang him for chatting sh!t so he can't be that much of an Eastern-Asian-hating racist

He was drunk, acting like a bellend, should apologise.

End of sh!tty story.

In that case, no defence is necessary since there was no offence. End of story.

Well there would still be, in the same way the Yuki Abe eats dogs song was offensive. We all know he wasn't Korean, but that doesn't mean they were fine.

Where is he from?

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME ......JESUS thought this was going to get a heads up

He is Chinese and they look nothing like Japanese people if you know what japanese people look like

Like shouting Packi at someone from india

And the Jap thing doesn't bother me

It was his disgusting behaviour infront of his wife to be and his team mates , what a total KNOB

But I only know him through his exploits on pitch and he does ok at that

So the rest I don't really care about

He is obviously a co*k when drunk

Paki is also short for Pakistani, doesn't mean it's not racist. :rolleyes:

I'm just pointing out your portrayal of the word jap as an offensively racist term originating from the war. I'll wager you a large large large amount of money that 99% of general population understand it as short for Japanese and not racist, it isn't comparable to paki or chinky, it has the same connotations as Brit does. end of story, fankyou.

In that case, no defence is necessary since there was no offence. End of story.

I'll agree with you there

One di khead out drunk abusing people about thier likely race is actually normal these days

So YA no offence or story

So you've just made my point for me. The use of the word 'Jap' in a derogatory context is not "ingrained in OUR (my capitals) culture like paki and nigger" suggests to me it was not being used in a derogatory manner, and so its use is not an example of racism. And for the record, the word 'nigger' also didn't have a derogatory connotation in British culture (being merely a corruption of the latin word for black); the derogatory connotation was imported from the USA - unfortunately we already had our own offensive words for black people...

I'm just pointing out your portrayal of the word jap as an offensively racist term originating from the war. I'll wager you a large large large amount of money that 99% of general population understand it as short for Japanese and not racist, it isn't comparable to paki or chinky, it has the same connotations as Brit does. end of story, fankyou.

And if you read the entire post rather than spouting off, you'd see that I said people were likely to be ignorant of that. So, pipe down kiddo.

And Paki is short for Pakistani.

Calling someone a Pakistani isn't deemed racist, but you could be taken to prison for calling someone a Paki, strange world.

Just a thought, if vardy is sacked, what will lefty city fans think, it is those kind of people who cry racist at every level.

So what do you all think will happen with this?

Will Vardy be in trouble with the club? It's obvious the owners don't take kindly to bringing unwanted attention to us. Maybe a slap on the wrist behind close doors?

Tbf if it's racist then why have the sun used the exact same term in several articles over the years, and no one bat on eyelid? But comes from a professional footballer and it's a disgraceful act. Like someone mentioned the aggressive behaviour is more of a concern to me

And if you read the entire post rather than spouting off, you'd see that I said people were likely to be ignorant of that. So, pipe down kiddo.

we can discuss the effect quantum physics has on whether its racist or not, if people are ignorant of it then it's irrelevant

Calling someone a Pakistani isn't deemed racist, but you could be taken to prison for calling someone a Pakistani, strange world.

Just a thought, if vardy is sacked, what will lefty city fans think, it is those kind of people who cry racist at every level.

No one needs to ever get sacked for that

Slap on wrist and race awareness training

End of street

If he was my player I'd be more concerned about his drinking

So you've just made my point for me. The use of the word 'Jap' in a derogatory context is not "ingrained in OUR (my capitals) culture like paki and nigger" suggests to me it was not being used in a derogatory manner, and so its use is not an example of racism. And for the record, the word 'nigger' also didn't have a derogatory connotation in British culture (being merely a corruption of the latin word for black); the derogatory connotation was imported from the USA - unfortunately we already had our own offensive words for black people...

:frusty:

Jesus ****ing Christ.

It's not the word, it's the context, it's the implication that all east-Asian people are/look the same. 

Why is this such a mind bending concept for people?

The worst bit is that it's probably not even what he ****ing said but up comes the issue and out come all the mouth-breathing Troglodytes to defend racism because they're too sensitive to just admit they were a bit ignorant and didn't realise they held views that were offensive.

Archived