Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

So true, you look at away ends like spurs, united, Millwall etc they are full of 16-40 year olds! Compare that with ours and we are at the other end of the scale. 

The older supporters obviously follow us up and down the country so have every right to be there but we are much more of a family club than some of the others in our league. 

I and a lot of others on here have said for years Leicester have a total neglect for the 18-40 age bracket and it's showing. We've got without a shadow of a doubt the oldest average away end in the league and it shows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I and a lot of others on here have said for years Leicester have a total neglect for the 18-40 age bracket and it's showing. We've got without a shadow of a doubt the oldest average away end in the league and it shows.

May be free Horlicks instead of Beer next time around?

Maybe I'm missing the point but what exactly was there to cheer about on Saturday? I think the realisation that we are now back to normal in terms of footballing standards has finally sunk in. In the past few seasons we the supporters have never seen anything like it in our clubs history, it's no wonder we raised the roof. It was never going to last I'm afraid. Oh and some young pups on hear blaming the older generation supporters is embarrassing, you could not be more wrong. And in any case, those young guns next to the Man City fans were a disgrace I've heard more noise in a mortuary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Maybe I'm missing the point but what exactly was there to cheer about on Saturday? I think the realisation that we are now back to normal in terms of footballing standards has finally sunk in. In the past few seasons we the supporters have never seen anything like it in our clubs history, it's no wonder we raised the roof. It was never going to last I'm afraid. Oh and some young pups on hear blaming the older generation supporters is embarrassing, you could not be more wrong. And in any case, those young guns next to the Man City fans were a disgrace I've heard more noise in a mortuary.

So older supporters (I stress here this is *in general* as I know plenty of older fans who still love making a racket) are the ones trying to get things going are they?

The fact you think there needed to be something to cheer about in the first place says it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I'd say the young fans blaming the older supporters have hit the nail on the head. 

Thats not to say no fan that is 40+ does not sing but if you look around SK1 or L1 the two most vocal areas of the stadium I'm sure you'll find that it's mainly filled with people in that age bracket of 18-40 trying to create an atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Need more chants, still singing about Champions League at times.

Not that there's anything wrong with singing about that, but you must be in the wrong part of the ground if you don't think enough different chants are going off.

Can't speak for L/K but there's always a good mix of traditional and new chants getting airings in SK1 every week.

55 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

So older supporters (I stress here this is *in general* as I know plenty of older fans who still love making a racket) are the ones trying to get things going are they?

The fact you think there needed to be something to cheer about in the first place says it all.

Listen, young man, they don't come and see me when I'm bad.

48 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I'd say the young fans blaming the older supporters have hit the nail on the head. 

Thats not to say no fan that is 40+ does not sing but if you look around SK1 or L1 the two most vocal areas of the stadium I'm sure you'll find that it's mainly filled with people in that age bracket of 18-40 trying to create an atmosphere. 

It was always the same when I was a young gun. We made all the noise. The older ones had been there and done that before and now leave it to the next generation. I think you will find that scenario on all football grounds.

It really is dross at the minute. The clappers need to go- every time a song actually does get going, the clappers go out of sync and just drown everything else out and people stop singing.

I can’t wait for safe standing to come in- when it does eventually happen, hopefully the club will do it properly and ensure that everyone who ends up there are there out of choice and willing to create an atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Not that there's anything wrong with singing about that, but you must be in the wrong part of the ground if you don't think enough different chants are going off.

Can't speak for L/K but there's always a good mix of traditional and new chants getting airings in SK1 every week.

In L1, recently we've been chanting about Iwan Roberts and Champions League. Wouldn't mind so much but the chant suggests we're still in the champions league.

Plus the occasional "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" is sometimes amusing, but totally cringe when it's sung to a team who have won it lol

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

The "On Wednesday night" chant, it says "We'll be in Porto, We'll be in Bruge" 

Sorry to nit pick but it bugs me, almost sound like Forest how much we are referring to our past.

All it needs is a little tweak in the lyrics and it's fine to sing. We shouldn't be ashamed of singing about one of our proudest achievements.

Singing "you'll never sing that" to teams who've won it, though, is something we should be thoroughly fvcking ashamed of. Embarrassing.

On Wednesday nights, under the lights, we were in Porto, we were in Brugge, 

In Copenhagen, they did not phase us*

As we went to follow the blues. 

Not exactly difficult. 

*is that line correct? Was never entirely sure what that bit was. Sounded like "will not phase us" but if true is an awful attempt at a rhyming couple, not that Copenhagen is overly easy to rhyme tbf. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

All it needs is a little tweak in the lyrics and it's fine to sing. We shouldn't be ashamed of singing about one of our proudest achievements.

Singing "you'll never sing that" to teams who've won it, though, is something we should be thoroughly fvcking ashamed of. Embarrassing.

Oh absolutely we should be proud of our achievements but we need to make it relevant.

Can't believe how much our atmosphere (home and away) has died over the last couple of years. Even comparing Arsenal/Sheff Utd away to 3 months later it was like a different set of fans

It's a shame because I loved our atmosphere previously, obviously there was the hype around the Prem/success for the last few years but home ends everyone wasn't afraid to get involved and our aways particularly in the championship used to be great. Now all I see (particularly on TV as I don't get to much this year) is large sections of our away ends sitting, nothing beyond standing and clapping for goals, barely any chanting beyond 'Leicester Leicester Leicester' and a muted group singing others

Gutted because I've decided against West Ham away mostly based on the reason I don't think our end will be worth the money, when realistically a Friday night in London would've got my money on the table immediately before this year