Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

16 minutes ago, baker11 said:

I thought first 30 minutes especially yesterday that SK1/SK2 was very loud.

Compared to recent atmospheres I would have to agree. Not bad.

thing that annoys me is how slow the crowd are to get on referee's back it's a genuine way we as fans can influence the game. Where are the howls of outrage at the first decision that doesn't go out way. You get it at other grounds 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

thing that annoys me is how slow the crowd are to get on referee's back it's a genuine way we as fans can influence the game. Where are the howls of outrage at the first decision that doesn't go out way. You get it at other grounds 

Yeh I've noticed at other grounds the fans really getting at the ref from the 1st minute. Didn't think the ref was too bad yesterday just inconsistent with his cards. It amazed me that no Swansea player got booked but yet Diabate gets booked in the 1st 5 minutes just because Clucas decided to stay down when there was nothing wrong with him 

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh I've noticed at other grounds the fans really getting at the ref from the 1st minute. Didn't think the ref was too bad yesterday just inconsistent with his cards. It amazed me that no Swansea player got booked but yet Diabate gets booked in the 1st 5 minutes just because Clucas decided to stay down when there was nothing wrong with him 

Agree partly but I think Diabate should be considered quite fortunate not to get a red card for that challenge.

13 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree partly but I think Diabate should be considered quite fortunate not to get a red card for that challenge.

If he made contact then maybe. Clucas jumped out the way and there was minimal contact. I think it was clumsy rather than malicious 

For me the drum in l1 is becoming annoying, whoever played it yesterday just belted it as hard as they could, even when nobody was singing.

Also when chants was getting started, the drum was belted and stopped it spreading, as all you could here was thump, thump, thump.

For me the drum was brought in to enhance the atmosphere, and now I feel it’s just ignored, for me it’s time for it to go

22 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

For me the drum in l1 is becoming annoying, whoever played it yesterday just belted it as hard as they could, even when nobody was singing.

Also when chants was getting started, the drum was belted and stopped it spreading, as all you could here was thump, thump, thump.

For me the drum was brought in to enhance the atmosphere, and now I feel it’s just ignored, for me it’s time for it to go

Who's on the L1 drum nowadays anyway? 

9 hours ago, baker11 said:

The display was completly seperate from UFS. Funded through a different avenue. 

Guys have been going to Germany over the 10 years who are not connected to UFS at all. There is a link with most of UFS taking trips over there but it most definitely is not 'their' thing.

But ot was displayed in the sk1/ufs corner. So to the outside eye. It looks like another ufs display. Bearing in mind I was having a albeit brief drink with a couple of active members of ufs before the game and yet had 

1. No idea about the display.

2. When hearing about it assumed it was ufs on the basis it was in that section.

As you know from my many posts on the topic. I have an understanding of those involved and the reasons behind it. But having missed the display yesterday as I had my lad with me and needs must and all that.

Having seen the photo I have to say I lie on the side of not caring who funded. It's a little misplaced and can understand why people may thing it's little odd.

15 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agree with this. Nowhere near enough of it at our place.

8 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

lol at anyone giving a shit about the Bochum display. 

It was blue and white and added a bit of extra colour to the start of the game.

Better than nothing, right. 

I get what you're saying and i've not really had an opinion on this but when I saw the display it made me cringe a little and i'm not sure why. It's nice (i think) that some of the Bochum fans want to visit our ground and see our games and vice versa but its a small group of fans. The display made it look like it was a club-wide thing and felt a little weird.

9 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

lol at anyone giving a shit about the Bochum display. 

It was blue and white and added a bit of extra colour to the start of the game.

Better than nothing, right. 

Didn’t bother me that much I held my blue sheet of A3 paper up for a minute or so and forgot about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

It left a lot to be desired today, but then the football did equally. But please, can the people who sat behind me today and spent the whole game talking about pensions and property prices please just stay at home? They're clearly not the slightest bit interested in watching the game, and it's a distraction listening to them talking inane drivel for 90 minutes 

• Like 1

UFS don't help , I'm not trolling I'm being serious from somebody who's stand in SK1. The drummer just drums non stop and it's annoying. One stage in the 2nd half some leuven fans I'm guessing, started singing and there were about 12 of them and a lot people not in the UFS joined in and then the UFS resorted to singing something else. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It left a lot to be desired today, but then the football did equally. But please, can the people who sat behind me today and spent the whole game talking about pensions and property prices please just stay at home? They're clearly not the slightest bit interested in watching the game, and it's a distraction listening to them talking inane drivel for 90 minutes 

Regular posters in the pensions thread include @Bellend Sebastian and @Izzy Muzzett, if you're looking for likely suspects. :whistle:

• Haha 2

Guest CityFan 06

It's not been good for a long while. I'd like to see some changes next season, finally progress from old Championship esque habits - and part of that is the fanbase.