Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

57 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Great atmosphere last night.  Singing all match, banter with the fat pie man who got chucked out and all the Saints fans who left early, and loads of goals.  One for the fans who sat through the poor away performances last season, including at Southampton.  

It feels like Puel is starting something special, and the players are responding and improving.  We've still got that threat on the counter attack, but look so much more comfortable on the ball now.  And we have more of a squad, with real competition for places, rather than a decent first eleven and not much else.  Exciting times ahead.  

Good I’m glad to hear the atmosphere is picking up again

Up the Foxes

The atmosphere shoupd be vibrant in the next two home games.

Palace - team is thriving in the league, and they've haven't scored away yet.

Man City - a tough test who ever they put out, but a good chance to be the first to beat them.

Big game tomorrow to keep the run going ahead of a busy xmas period. Win tomorrow and beat Utd next week and top four looks a real opportunity. 

Let's get behind the boys like we did during the title winning season. Create the feeling around the place and get the same buzz back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Big game tomorrow to keep the run going ahead of a busy xmas period. Win tomorrow and beat Utd next week and top four looks a real opportunity. 

Let's get behind the boys like we did during the title winning season. Create the feeling around the place and get the same buzz back

Obviously I will be vocally backing the team as always but I fully expect the atmosphere to be bellow par they always are for these early kick offs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Obviously I will be vocally backing the team as always but I fully expect the atmosphere to be bellow par they always are for these early kick offs.

Hopefully the full kop tifo will help lift it a little before ko.

Credit to UFS with their tifo, normally raises the crowd, gives everyone a boost but no-one fans or players were willing yesterday, the tone from both parties was set out early on for unexplainable reasons.

The kick off time does seem like it could be a reason but it's bleeding poor reason, an excuse that's what it is.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Credit to UFS with their tifo, normally raises the crowd, gives everyone a boost but no-one fans or players were willing yesterday, the tone from both parties was set out early on for unexplainable reasons.

The kick off time does seem like it could be a reason but it's bleeding poor reason, an excuse that's what it is.

I hate early Kick Offs on Saturday.  Remember when we played Hull in the First game of last season at the same time!!  We played exactly the same as yesterday!! 

Then again, we did thump Man City at the same time in the title winning season!  Swings and roundabouts.

Sometimes when you step on to the field, it's just not there.  It's not flowing, one half step too early or too late and we don't quite make it, one half second too slow or too fast and we can't quite reach it..These are the games that we would have won 1-0 in ur title winning season.  We will bounce back against United.

22 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Players had no desire to perform today, and neither did the fans, poor all round

Except of course, the fans that were at the ground at 6am to put on the tifo. They had the desire, and deserve credit for doing so

Edited by steveherbe
  • Like 1

Maybe just maybe the crowd gets up when the players are having a go and responding to the crowd.  A number of times the croud raised the volume to no effect.

Obviously it would be ideal if the fans rallied the team... but the whole thing is a bit joined up.  

After their 2nd goal i think we realised it wasn't our day.  After the lack of subs to change thngs.... i knew it. 

2 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Except of course, the fans that were at the ground at 6am to put on the tifo. They had the desire, and deserve credit for doing so

A bit defensive, on about the 90 minutes of football, not what people choose to do before the game.

People travel the country to watch a match and the then don’t have the desire to sing or make a noise.

My point stands, players or fans had no desire to perform, if it makes you feel better, for the 90 minutes of the match 

On 12/17/2017 at 07:33, woollett the bullet said:

Defo, 4 wins on the spin including 7 goals in the last 2 consecutive away games. Expected more.

And there, in a nutshell, is why the atmosphere was toss.

The booing was utterly pathetic. Would rather play in a half full ground than have anyone who booed at half time there.

• Like 1