Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Players you forgotten had played for us

32 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

remember when he came back after about 2 years of loans and it was like the second coming, everyone hated him but he looked sensational for about half an hour and we were gonna win the league. then he was rubbish again. 

think that was sousa as well. mate that 2010 summer was off the scale. what a club. 

Yeah all accumulated in a lovely 6-1 thrashing at Fratton Park on a Friday night. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah all accumulated in a lovely 6-1 thrashing at Fratton Park on a Friday night. 

but that summer was great. we had piri piri pies, a manager WITH A HAIRCUT, yuki abe was going to score every free kick we got in the opposition half and franck moussa was like a young yaya toure. we’d made it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, woddyuk said:

Yuki Abe 

Mark Blake 

Roman bednar 

Allan Evans 

Franz Carr 

Andy feeley

Paul Cooper 

James wesolowsli

Marc North 

Jay spearing 

John pantsil

Gary mills

Steve Thompson 

Tunchev 

Bob Hazel 

Do you remember more than you have forgotten or less? :whistle:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woddyuk said:

Not sure, but most seem to be defenders,,, coincidence

Probably not.

An attacking player can be shite but can fluke a moment of magic during a game that you never forget if you've seen it. Most defenders who are shite don't have that luxury and just look shite I guess.

Whatever happened to Sergio Hellings? 

I saw a reference to Michael Lamey in another thread and it made me think of the prodigal child from Ajax we’d signed.

Along with Pier Laurier, Ricky Sappleton and Helllings! Martin Allen Heah!!! 

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Whatever happened to Sergio Hellings? 

I saw a reference to Michael Lamey in another thread and it made me think of the prodigal child from Ajax we’d signed.

Along with Pier Laurier, Ricky Sappleton and Helllings! Martin Allen Heah!!! 

Hellings is 34 and hasn't had a club since 2010 according to his Wikipedia page. lol

This is not exactly “players you had forgotten had played for us”, but more in the line of “blimey, I haven’t thought about him for a long time”. So here I am in Mexico, listening to Spotify, when “The Mighty Quinn” comes on the radio and I find myself belting out “Come on without, come on within, you’ll not see nothing like The Mighty String”. It has been a few years since I sang that (in the old Kop). A lovely memory.

For anyone who doesn’t know about “The Mighty String”, this is from Wikipedia:

..... moving to Leicester City for £25,000 in January 1962 – the highest transfer fee ever paid for an 18-year-old at the time.[2]

By his second season at Filbert Street, Stringfellow was a regular in the Leicester side. He was a member of the Leicester side that lost against Manchester United in the 1963 FA Cup Final, and scored one of the goals when the Foxes won the League Cup the following season with a 4–3 aggregate win against Stoke City.

In 1968, Stringfellow suffered a serious cartilage injury, and was never the same player. Nevertheless, he remained on Leicester's books, mostly in a reserve role, until 1975 when he quit the professional game and finished his career with non-league Nuneaton Borough. In all competitions, Stringfellow played 377 games for Leicester and scored 98 goals.[3]

After his retirement from football, Stringfellow settled in EnderbyLeicestershire where he worked as a newsagent.[2]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1