Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

The reactions in this thread are some of the most bizarre ever.

Harry Kane scores a goal after a good bit of play and a very neat finish, and theres about 20 posts afterwards saying fvck off, urrrrrghhh, I hate Kane, the bloke has just come up with the goal to put us in front and youre all vitriolic at him. Ridiculous.

The game itself wasnt great, we were better 2nd half but the big thing was the good display by Inler. If he can show that composure, touch and range of passing in a Leicester shirt we will be treated.

Sorry. Were the Germans on there? All I saw was San Marino, Kazikstahn, Belarus and shite like that.

Did he use to steal your lunch money at school or something? Ffs what would you be like if he hadn't scored?

probably, I think he's had his moment now. Unless he has a real stellar season, people like Wilson and Berahino will always and should take priority simply because they've got more of a future. 

England didnt really play the football he thrives in so a bit unfair to Jamie tbh

I think weve seen the last of Vardy simply because, and taking my Leicester hat off,  I dont think he is better than whats already in the side or what can come off the bench when everyone is fit in his position, and at 29,  I think the focus will shift to a younger generation naturally.

Realistically, he will not get in ahead of Ox, Walcott, Sterling, Lallana, even the likes of Jordan Ibe will probably stake a claim for a regular place

Did he use to steal your lunch money at school or something? Ffs what would you be like if he hadn't scored?

Webbo, I'm guessing you're old enough to remember Charlton, Greaves, Keegan, Lineker etc. Don't tell me you put Rooney up there amongst those England greats. He might have the record but he'll never win over me and many others. Just not a national icon or ambassador for our game for me. Sorry, I just don't like him...

Does everyone think that's the last we'll see of Jamie in an england shirt?

Depends on how he plays for Leicester in the next few weeks I'd imagine as Hodgson clearly likes him. Not sure why though as he doesn't seem to know how to use him.

Depends on how he plays for Leicester in the next few weeks I'd imagine as Hodgson clearly likes him. Not sure why though as he doesn't seem to know how to use him.

Problem is for me though, in his natural position he has tried and trusted options and I just cant see him turning to Vardy off the bench ahead of say Theo or Ox and hed never play as a central striker with Rooney and Kane around.

Hodgson will probably give him minutes in the smaller games but this defeats the point. Those minutes could go to anyone really.

I dont think we will see Vardy's full potential in an England shirt sadly

Problem is for me though, in his natural position he has tried and trusted options and I just cant see him turning to Vardy off the bench ahead of say Theo or Ox and hed never play as a central striker with Rooney and Kane around.

Hodgson will probably give him minutes in the smaller games but this defeats the point. Those minutes could go to anyone really.

agree, england will never play in a way that will make full use of vardy

England didnt really play the football he thrives in so a bit unfair to Jamie tbh

I'm not even knocking him, but as an England fan I don't really see him as an option. He's reached his peak years, the kind of football England play doesn't suit him whatsoever so he ends up playing like a headless chicken. Even if he was, he's only what Lambert was two years ago, a short term one at that. 

Can only remember lineker having a pen to tie the record and missing

Edit: just seen this

Rooney - 50 goals. 28 of which were penalties. 1 goal in a World Cup.

Below is from the BBC, and states otherwise...

Goal breakdown: 42 inside box (6 pens), 8 outside box (2 free-kicks)

Webbo, I'm guessing you're old enough to remember Charlton, Greaves, Keegan, Lineker etc. Don't tell me you put Rooney up there amongst those England greats. He might have the record but he'll never win over me and many others. Just not a national icon or ambassador for our game for me. Sorry, I just don't like him...

I'm with Izzy on this one. I saw Charlton play in '66, makes Rooney look like a pub player. So much talent, but a total cock with a shite attitude - Rooney that is, not Sir Bobby

You cheeky bastard lol

Just to put this in a little context, a lot of the teams Charlton and Greaves played against were still part time in that era, a lot played in inferior leagues. Now nearly all the teams are full time and their best players play in the best teams in Europe. Even if that wasn't the case, he's scored 50 goals for his country before the age of 30, to try and diminish that is churlish.

Agree with that. It's a shame but I suppose you think back to around March and you'd be absolutely pissing yourself if you thought you'd even be having this conversation.

He's far more suited to Leicester's game than England's although I'm still not entirely sure what England's is. We don't take enough risks for me.

I'm not even knocking him, but as an England fan I don't really see him as an option. He's reached his peak years, the kind of football England play doesn't suit him whatsoever so he ends up playing like a headless chicken. Even if he was, he's only what Lambert was two years ago, a short term one at that. 

Pretty much agree with that. It's a shame but it's the truth. Think he's just that bit too old for it to ever be worthwhile.

You cheeky bastard lol

Just to put this in a little context, a lot of the teams Charlton and Greaves played against were still part time in that era, a lot played in inferior leagues. Now nearly all the teams are full time and their best players play in the best teams in Europe. Even if that wasn't the case, he's scored 50 goals for his country before the age of 30, to try and diminish that is churlish.

lol I'm not trying to diminish his record mate, fair play to him. The issue for me is that I want my countries leading scorer to be a national hero, an icon, an ambassador, someone the whole world respects and admires that we can be proud of. I don't feel proud that Rooney holds the record. Maybe the real issue is that I'm a massive Lineker fan and he was my boyhood hero. I can't stand the fact that Shrek has more England goals than him. Lineker did it when it matters and is a World Cup legend. Rooney never did it on the big stage for me and that's why it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...

Below is from the BBC, and states otherwise...

Goal breakdown: 42 inside box (6 pens), 8 outside box (2 free-kicks)

Yeah thought it was high myself but got it from sky sports seems they are have difficulty tonight in getting things right

post-19131-0-33282000-1441747196_thumb.j

Archived