Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

I must admit. So did I... He doesn't deserve to be the highest England scorer EVER....

I took the girlfriend down to the old Wembley in 1992 or whenever it was to see Lineker break the record against Brazil in a friendly. And he missed a pen to equal the record if I remember rightly. Doesn't 'feel' right to me that Rooney has the record. Maybe he just doesn't have the 'like ability ' factor for me. Dunno

Wonder how many of Rooney's goals were penalties? A fair few I think. Don't remember Lineker taking any or Owen, wasn't around to know if Charlton took penalties.

Lineker scored 2 in a World Cup quarter final for starters

Wonder how many of Rooney's goals were penalties? A fair few I think. Don't remember Lineker taking any or Owen, wasn't around to know if Charlton took penalties.

Can only remember lineker having a pen to tie the record and missing

Edit: just seen this

Rooney - 50 goals. 28 of which were penalties. 1 goal in a World Cup.

It is a great achievement but it also can't be overlooked that he's been a major let down in every big tournament he's played in bar one - his first.

For me, he needs to be the main man in a major tournament, like Charlton, like Lineker to be remembered as a true great and not just a goal scorer.

We've won every game so far

We wont win the Euros though, or the world cup or the one after that and the one after that no matter who the manager is. At least we could get some enjoyment out of watching England again with Pearson abusing the press for asking too many questions and not playing negative boring football.

Have to say Inler looked class and is perfect for our counter attacking style, just sitting in the middle and dictating. Pretty sure switzerland played 4-4-2 aswell.

Some of his balls over the top in the first half.. Vardy and Okakazi are going to have a field day.

Archived