Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

He seems to ooze class and he's a hard guy not to like (unless you happen to be Pardew) I can imagine under pearson players would have been scared if the hairdryer if playing badly whereas Ranieri seems to be the sort you wouldn't want to let down. A bit like your parents when you were young. I'M not mad, just dissapointed!

Well the players spoke very highly of Pearson so don't know where you've got that from

Just a bit of fun.

Claudio decided to use that joke so it was obviously always going to be used when we got our first clean sheet.

It was funny the first time, it's been trotted out before and after every game since. As someone else said above, any joke will get boring if you hear it over and over.

So ignore it and use your brain for better purposes

I bow down to the person who knows what something says without actually reading in first, congratulations on that unique skill.

You should perhaps have followed your own advice before posting that.

It was funny the first time, it's been trotted out before and after every game since. As someone else said above, any joke will get boring if you hear it over and over.

But do you not see why it's in the media at the moment?

Claudio gave the media the material. We've been strugling for a clean sheet and now that we've got it it's been published more.

Now that the monkey is off our back i'm sure it'll die down.

Just a bit of fun.

Claudio decided to use that joke so it was obviously always going to be used when we got our first clean sheet.

Ranieri's way of taking pressure off people. A cryptic quip and a smile seems far better than Pearson's ongoing war of words with Stringer for asking questions he doesn't like.   

Of course I do, but it's a load of crap and boring as it's been going on for a month or so. It will probably be replaced with some other bollocks where they make a big deal out of something he says (my original point). Anyway, referring to my first post I said I find it "a bit annoying". Everyone jumping down your throat for daring to mention something mildly annoys you is just blowing this into something it isn't.

Think he was clever with his pizza reward.

Come on, what is pizza to mega rich footballers but in this way Claudio made light of what was becoming a major concern.

Would no doubt have taken some of the pressure off that the players may have been feeling.

Of course one clean sheet doesnt mean the problem is gone but it sure was satisfying to take the points with a good old 1-0.

Come on, what is pizza to mega rich footballers but in this way Claudio made light of what was becoming a major concern.

Would no doubt have taken some of the pressure off that the players may have been feeling.

Of course one clean sheet doesnt mean the problem is gone but it sure was satisfying to take the points with a good old 1-0.

You're right it was very clever and a great way to ease the pressure. I don't think Babylon is disputing why CR said it more so that the press and more annoyingly fans etc keep banging on about it like it's hilarious a month later. It was amusing at the time and maybe for a minute post match.

It gets tedious and cringeworthy to see people keep tweeting and writing about it. Maybe what makes me chuckle differs from most, I'm not one for obvious humor.

You're right it was very clever and a great way to ease the pressure. I don't think Babylon is disputing why CR said it more so that the press and more annoyingly fans etc keep banging on about it like it's hilarious a month later. It was amusing at the time and maybe for a minute post match.

It gets tedious and cringeworthy to see people keep tweeting and writing about it. Maybe what makes me chuckle differs from most, I'm not one for obvious humor.

Phew... there was me thinking I wasn't being clear. Thanks Psycho.

I was going to expand on what I said, (i wish I had now). That the press have been pretty moronic so far this season. I think there was one comment where someone said Vardy had shades of Lineker about him as he played for England whilst having a cast on him arm. Next day it gets totally turned around and Claudio's being bloody asked about Vardy being as good as Lineker and people in papers making comparisons with comments from CR... Totally missing the point of the original comment.

Obviously not Claudio's fault, but his language barrier and very open style probably makes little things like that run for longer than they normally would. I'm sure we'll keep seeing it, but as someone said above... if we're winning, does it matter.

I think that some members of the press and media are  laughing at Claudio rather  than with him- still why ask analytical or insightful questions if you can bang on about pizza?

Indeed, he was viewed as a comedy figure after his Chelsea time and they continue to play to that.

Indeed, he was viewed as a comedy figure after his Chelsea time and they continue to play to that.

I am sure Claudio, is killing himself also from laughing...

Probably thinks about journalists...Hey I am the headliner, what you guys earning.Write what you like, I enjoy my job, got a wife who supports me, got a lower PL Team succeeding, at the top part of the the league, have got the best form players in that league, got 19pts on the table 5 months earlier than last year.Got the backing from squad and management won over the fans, not only at Leicester. I make a comical statement, we all laugh, you still cant find anything new to print.

I got the power to turns thing around, your rumours cant turn it around, not this season, this season is mine , the players, and management. You have childish rant, I inform, you have spitefull misuse.I smile from success, you write from frustration.

Claudios thoughts according to...memostar:FuchsNtf:FTFORUM1..CHAPTER 1001: 116

He's a rare one in which he appreciates the media and respects them, something which is quite rare in this league in particular.

If he got stroppy like Pearson had, the media would've turned onto him and that could have affected morale both on and off the pitch.

He's a rare one in which he appreciates the media and respects them, something which is quite rare in this league in particular.

If he got stroppy like Pearson had, the media would've turned onto him and that could have affect morale both on and off the pitch.

Thing is, he doesn't have a series of losses to show for as of right now. Entirely different scenario.

Journalists knew about Pearson and his prickly persona since his League One days with us and some took delight in teasing him during press conferences - and he duly obliged at times.

All you have to do is offer some kind of incentive - and at one point, it will come good. People think of a pizza as a somewhat odd measure, but it's merely a metaphor. Ranieri strikes me as a rather intelligent manager who caters to the needs of professional footballers. You need to feed the need for unity within a group.

Sometimes, the simple measures are the best.

Wasn't Martin Allen ridiculed for offering Mars bars and such like as an incentive because people felt it was an insult to players on a good wedge, yes even then by comparison to your average fan.

Wasn't Martin Allen ridiculed for offering Mars bars and such like as an incentive because people felt it was an insult to players on a good wedge, yes even then by comparison to your average fan.

Depends on the context, I suppose - doing well in the Premier League and being able to manage an already existing good team spirit is a different kind of fish as opposed to motivate players to overcome their own inhibitions when faced with tougher times in the Championship.

Claudio gave the media the material. We've been strugling for a clean sheet and now that we've got it it's been published more.

Now that the monkey is off our back i'm sure it'll die down.

It hasn't died down... See today's presser!!!

Archived