Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

Rest in peace people who have suffered tonight.

The world is a terrible place to be with some evil people. Makes me ashamed to be part of the human race.

Agree. Think I lost faith in the human race in September 2001.

Your an idiot!!!

Yeah I forgot the largest massacres by man was not by any religious force, but governments or power hungry men. Genghis Khan on his pursuit of power has killed way more then any religion. So religion being the root is like saying paedo is the root cause of men raping.

I think he may be the target audience of terrorist acts and news channels. Be fearful of everything thats different to you and not accept anything thats religious in future, as that will surely help society by segregate and divide ourselves into groups just because of the less then 1% of lunatics in the world.

The annoying thing is though, those Muslims not taking responsibility for there own, these people come.from there own backyard, brought up through there mosques or from there teachings. Instead they blame British society, like they are the only I ones that suffer from isolation......it's all due to other people, victim mentality.

I think Muslims need to take control. They do a great job of preaching there religion, if they put the same effort in looking for the weak and dejected, I'm sure radical elements would due fairly quickly

Yes but here lies the problem, as with any society or religion there are always going to be a faction of weak and dejected people. Those people actually initially don't go to mosques and are involved in some kind of criminal activity. These people have no purpose so they go looking for it. How are most muslims supposed to do something when they only know as much as the next person.

I think it was at Wembley already? 

Was it?

Either way, as much as I understand calling the game off, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world for the game to go ahead.

The language from the World leaders has certainly changed this time, we've had none of the "this is nothing to do with Islam" bullshit and instead some far more robust wording, Hollande is totally right to acknowledge the West has to realise it is at war with militant Islamists.

Now we have to trust them to come up with a coherent plan to deal with it, something I doubt they have the capability of doing if I'm honest, I honestly think the only people who might be able to defeat this is the Muslim community as a whole, it's they who have to find these people in the mosques and madrassas before they can do it.

I do think it's an unwinnable war though, you can't defeat an ideology, we just have to hope the security services can block and stop as many of these incidents as possible.

The amount of these attacks in France is staggering, we've had two big ones in this and Charlie Hebdo but there have been 17 minor terrorist attacks in the last 18 months alongside it.

Terrible. Let's hope the death toll isn't going to be too high.

France is finished.

I'm very surprised/shocked that the nation hasn't tightened up since the January incidents.

It could happen anywhere, even in this country in a random bar etc, but happening in various places absolutely questions the French security presence and operations.

You just worry it's only a matter of time before something happens in the UK.

RIP to all those unfortunate, and may the families get all the support they need and get through this strongly.

Horrific scenes and I'm just glad it wasn't any worse. I wonder if the attacks near the stadium were intended to hit the crowds but we're either too late or too early for some reason.

Terrible night and it'll be interesting to see who exactly these terrorists were and particularly whether or not they were ISIS fighters who got into Europe via the migrant crisis. It seems too big to have been the work of small domestic terror cells. Could be a game changer for European immigration policy and border control.

The language from the World leaders has certainly changed this time, we've had none of the "this is nothing to do with Islam" bullshit and instead some far more robust wording, Hollande is totally right to acknowledge the West has to realise it is at war with militant Islamists.

Now we have to trust them to come up with a coherent plan to deal with it, something I doubt they have the capability of doing if I'm honest, I honestly think the only people who might be able to defeat this is the Muslim community as a whole, it's they who have to find these people in the mosques and madrassas before they can do it.

I do think it's an unwinnable war though, you can't defeat an ideology, we just have to hope the security services can block and stop as many of these incidents as possible.

The amount of these attacks in France is staggering, we've had two big ones in this and Charlie Hebdo but there have been 17 minor terrorist attacks in the last 18 months alongside it.

You can't defeat an ideology, but you can destroy a state. Now Islamic state is an actual physical geographical presence it can be destroyed, that would send what was left underground but it can be killed.

The problem is it can't be the West that kills it, it needs to be the Arab League. Or a combined effort from Muslim nations. If we go storming in we are as likely to create more problems long term.

I'm very surprised/shocked that the nation hasn't tightened up since the January incidents.

Of course it has but it's impossible to stop someone doing something like this.

There will be over-reaction and already has been.

We can't let idiots stop us living on a daily basis. This morning my daughter went to the swimming pool in Grenoble as she does each week with my grandaughter only to find it and the public parks closed. Idiocy. We must continue to live our lives and enjoy them not cower in fear to a few fools.

My thoughts are with the families of those killed but let's not let the terrorists win.

The England game should go ahead as a homage and to show them they can't beat us.

The only way to stop these atrocities is through education. That takes time and concerted effort - increased privacy invasion and added security guards will not stop it.

Awful scenes.

Watching that has made me feel physically sick.

My feelings also go out to all the Parisian Doctors and Nurses last night who can't have known what had hit them. I assume the hospitals were in utter chaos.

Christ Almighty..I'm almost tearful as I write this.

Yeh but if there are confirmed areas where militants reside then I think the United nations should draft a resolution to target these with small scale nuclear weapons. It's pretty clear we are at war an ld civilian casualties are inevitable.

Archived