Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

I'd like to see it moved to Wembley with proceeds donated to the relatives and victims, not that it'd ever happen for a number of reasons.

I'd been out this evening and hadn't heard anything of this. When I got home and went online it was your post on FB that alerted me to this going on in Paris. 

Horrendous scenes - my heart goes out to all those affected. :(

I'm talking immediate response after an attack. We haven't got the armed officers France have got. It would take us far longer to get people on the ground.

tbf mate, i think you would be surprised how quick we would have the right people there, our defence I would imagine would be one of the best in the world, we are at a big risk this might happen here, so everything would be in place

Ugh. Just got up and seen this...utterly sickening. What motivates a person or group of people to kill and maim in such a horrific fashion? To treat other people as things in that way? Utterly insane. Simply cannot understand the thought process, and I don't think any sane person would.

But...France withstood four years of occupation by a regime so evil that this little group of death-worshipping fascists wouldn't be fit to lick the boots of them. The French will survive, and they will remember.

If humanity doesn't actually get over its differences and realise that we have more in common that not...then I think one day it will end up costing us everything.

tbf mate, i think you would be surprised how quick we would have the right people there, our defence I would imagine would be one of the best in the world, we are at a big risk this might happen here, so everything would be in place

Not, the French, not the Brits, nor any other secutity forces..WWIDE, could of done anything better, on what happened today.

These attacks, from suicidal, small pods of terrorists, are not defendable.Roaming terrorists are just not possible to defend

against.

Something should be mentioned on the French, Belguim special forces..Their experiences go way back their infastructure

and intelligence is 2nd to none, they have been fighting terrorism and been the back-garden to shits of the worlds for

years.

Another tact...this could mean also mean we could well, for the wrong reasons revert back through the whole

of Europe to closed borders..

What do you think they are fighting for?  For the Tories to repeal the cuts to tax-credits?

What an utterly stupid comment, they're fighting not for the religion as such but their supremacist agenda - the religion is just an excuse for them. They would want more people radicalised, and sowing discord to the point that the public start declaring this to be the beliefs of all muslims plays perfectly into their hands, because people like you, acting suspicious of those who do just want to live peacefully, will make more feel unwelcome.

What an utterly stupid comment, they're fighting not for the religion as such but their supremacist agenda - the religion is just an excuse for them. They would want more people radicalised, and sowing discord to the point that the public start declaring this to be the beliefs of all muslims plays perfectly into their hands, because people like you, acting suspicious of those who do just want to live peacefully, will make more feel unwelcome.

Exactly this. Escalation and global mistrust is exactly what they want.

We can only speculate about how "easy" it was to gather the firearms and take care of the logistics required to plan and execute such a flurry of more or less simultaneous attacks.

"Easy" is not the first term that springs to my mind...

We also don't know to what lengths the attackers went in order to disguise their plans and actions.

What we require is a calm head and an efficient, thorough and swift investigation.

We can only speculate about how "easy" it was to gather the firearms and take care of the logistics required to plan and execute such a flurry of more or less simultaneous attacks.

"Easy" is not the first term that springs to my mind...

We also don't know to what lengths the attackers went in order to disguise their plans and actions.

What we require is a calm head and an efficient, thorough and swift investigation.

I'll hold to my view on this MC - it's not been long since other weapons were heard on the streets of Paris and the tide of immigrants and refugees moving to and fro can only make the potential for weapons acquisition and movement harder to prevent. 

True, but I bet there's a lot more goes on behind the scenes in this country than the rest of Europe simply because of the terrorist attacks we had to deal with in the past from the ira.

You can be sure there is but, even now,  we get people bleating about new internet-access laws to potentially enhance security.   

By the grace of God go I.....

My 4 kids, all of an age where they would go to various concerts.Travel to tourists cities, to go to concerts, also to

see local gigs. This morning many parents will be told that their kids wont be returning home, after they went out

to have a bit of craiq, enjoy themselves in a total innocent happy atmosphere.

Not because of a tragic accident, but war as returned to the streets..

Archived