Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

I'm talking immediate response after an attack. We haven't got the armed officers France have got. It would take us far longer to get people on the ground.

Our intelligence is second to none. We also have more than enough highly trained officers to react to such situations.

Obviously the stats can't be taken seriously then if they're so nonsensical? The loyalty one was the most straightforward and it delivered the same level you'd expect from a White British sample.

As for the Mohammed ones, it's a pretty stupid thing to justify and is just as bad as those who want those who burn poppies arrested. Obviously get bellends in all walks of life, hard to argue either way with such an odd mix of answers though.

This exactly! You get idiots in all walks of life, that poll didn't seem like it was too reputable however the first question as you said explained a lot. Anyways as I said before, let's move on and have some respect for the people who lost their lives

It is becoming clear that so good-grade weapons have been amassed in preparation for these attacks and you have to wonder why that has been done so easily within France and how well the UK is dealing with the same problem?

Anyone who considers it is not a problem is in denial. Another development will surely be to increase the security services rapidly both in France, in other European countries and here as well because more are needed - and now.

Leadership is vital together with a rapid end to naivity.

You've only got to look at the daft mistakes people make in their chosen relationships to realise how blind and unobservant they can be even when bad signs are obvious. 

Thinking the best of folk is a fine ideal but often involves burying your head in the sand. Trust takes years to build and justify. It doesn't come with a recently issued visa or the friendly smile of an appealing face. Tony Blair made an art form of smiling but still managed to deceive a nation.      

I'm talking immediate response after an attack. We haven't got the armed officers France have got. It would take us far longer to get people on the ground.

Our policy is to prevent it, not wait for it to happen and then sort it out. There's always someone watching you.

It is becoming clear that so good-grade weapons have been amassed in preparation for these attacks and you have to wonder why that has been done so easily within France and how well the UK is dealing with the same problem?

Anyone who considers it is not a problem is in denial. Another development will surely be to increase the security services rapidly both in France, in other European countries and here as well because more are needed - and now.

Leadership is vital together with a rapid end to naivity.

You've only got to look at the daft mistakes people make in their chosen relationships to realise how blind and unobservant they can be even when bad signs are obvious. 

Thinking the best of folk is a fine ideal but often involves burying your head in the sand. Trust takes years to build and justify. It doesn't come with a recently issued visa or the friendly smile of an appealing face. Tony Blair made an art form of smiling but still managed to deceive a nation.      

We can only speculate about how "easy" it was to gather the firearms and take care of the logistics required to plan and execute such a flurry of more or less simultaneous attacks.

"Easy" is not the first term that springs to my mind...

We also don't know to what lengths the attackers went in order to disguise their plans and actions.

What we require is a calm head and an efficient, thorough and swift investigation.

Our policy is to prevent it, not wait for it to happen and then sort it out. There's always someone watching you.

I don't doubt our counter terrorism measures, hence the amount of arrests we make and attacks we foil before they happen. It is however inevitable that eventually, a lone Wolf or group will go under the radar and target us. There is only so much we can prevent.

I don't doubt our counter terrorism measures, hence the amount of arrests we make and attacks we foil before they happen. It is however inevitable that eventually, a lone Wolf or group will go under the radar and target us. There is only so much we can prevent.

True, but I bet there's a lot more goes on behind the scenes in this country than the rest of Europe simply because of the terrorist attacks we had to deal with in the past from the ira.

Archived