Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

You can be sure there is but, even now, we get people bleating about new internet-access laws to potentially enhance security.

We'll see in the coming weeks I suppose, whether the French authorities come out and say whoopsie, turns out the whole thing was being planned openly over the Internet and it could have been avoided if only we had been allowed to view everybody's browsing history.

Somehow I doubt it though, don't you? The attackers would have been a bit more sophisticated in their security than that I should think. They might even have used something as complex as a proxy server or, heck, a mobile phone with no name attached to it.

95% of twitter seems to be annoying bellends making up excuses for Islam (again) and shouting down anyone who says otherwise, rather than condemning the killers and actually asking questions. Bet the Islamic radicals out there can't believe their luck.

Or just stop pretending there isn't a problem when there blatantly is.

Of course there is a problem. It's how to solve it which is where the disagreement is.

95% of twitter seems to be annoying bellends making up excuses for Islam (again) and shouting down anyone who says otherwise, rather than condemning the killers and actually asking questions. Bet the Islamic radicals out there can't believe their luck.

Hey, look! I found the other 5%.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/because-twitter-is-our-national-id-here-are-the-worst-conservative-reactions-to-the-paris-attacks/

(Apologies for the source, but the Tweets themselves are sound.)

Or perhaps there are quite a few more opinions like this on Twitter and the whole thing is a bit more nuanced, perhaps? 

I don't think that anyone out there with at least half (that is to say 0.5) of a brain would disagree that radical Islam is a massive issue today, but actually doing something about it is going to take at least a little subtlety. Unless the idea of the world burning appeals.

At times like this social media and forums are rife with ill informed sh1te and knee jerk reactions so I wont spout off.. thoughts are with those affected by this atrocity.

Unable to sleep last night thinking about this and now I find out it got a lot worse. So sad.

I just can't see an end to it.

Also can't help but wonder whether the explosions were planned for inside the stadium but they couldn't get in. You'd think they would wait till after the match for greater impact.

Do I have to say it again?

Religion is the root of all evil.

To easy to hide behind.

It'll keep happening though.

Shocking as it is it's becoming less surprising, it's just become a simple case of where and when next.

Disgusting scenes, RIP and thoughts with the people who are injured and families of the victims.

To easy to hide behind.

Shocking as it is it's becoming less surprising, it's just become a simple case of where and when next.

Disgusting scenes, RIP and thoughts with the people who are injured and families of the victims.

Majority of religion is peaceful. Just because a minority use it to there gain for what ever reason shouldn't spilt people in to groups and create further tensions. Leicester is a good example of a city where alot of muslims and other religions live side by side very peacefully. Being less accepting of other cultures and beliefs is exactly what outcome these terrorist would be hoping for. To split and segregate when in reality we should come together and stand side by side with the 99% of normal muslims and other religious and different cultures to show solidarity that they wont win.

Devastating scenes and deepest condolences are with those in Paris.

Think I'm going to start avoid social media when events like this occur... the well wishers are fine but I have seen some amount of shite from people throwing they're two cents in and posting old photos from the aftermath of the attacks earlier this year in a disgusting and pathetic attempt to get more likes/shares/retweets...

Majority of religion is peaceful. Just because a minority use it to there gain for what ever reason shouldn't spilt people in to groups and create further tensions. Leicester is a good example of a city where alot of muslims and other religions live side by side very peacefully. Being less accepting of other cultures and beliefs is exactly what outcome these terrorist would be hoping for. To split and segregate when in reality we should come together and stand side by side with the 99% of normal muslims and other religious and different cultures to show solidarity that they wont win.

Whilst what you have said is correct, three of the points I have made won't change, regardless.

It's too easy to hide behind, it will keep happening and it's just a simple case of where and when next.

Nothing will stop it and religion will keep being blamed, now that goes for all religions, I have my smirks and questions of the Catholic religion for example (The way certain people I know do something wrong, trivial but wrong, yet the justify it by going to confession) but a majority of the time these attacks are from believers of one religion.

Religion is of course a huge factor to take into consideration but it's so naive and tedious hearing the odd person blaming 'all of Islam' for this and other terrorist related violence.

Islam doesn't promote violence, nor does it allow people to 'retaliate' if that was even a supposed 'motive'.

Those carrying out terrorist attacks and rumoured to have carried out this one may claim to be Muslims but they certainly aren't. They're brainwashed, radical morons who want any excuse to be violent. Not one part of this attack or 9/11,7/7, Lee Rigby etc could even be justified in the slightest by the religion of Islam so please think before generalising ridiculously.

The attackers are cowardly and embarrassing excuses for human beings who need to try to hide behind something (religion) in order to motivate themselves and others to create an us vs them scenario.

The media and all the generalisations of some that 'all Muslims are evil etc' only adds further fuel to the fire of these sick individuals to insight more violence and stronger beliefs so please think more before writing / passing comment

Religion is of course a huge factor to take into consideration but it's so naive and tedious hearing the odd person blaming 'all of Islam' for this and other terrorist related violence.

Islam doesn't promote violence, nor does it allow people to 'retaliate' if that was even a supposed 'motive'.

Those carrying out terrorist attacks and rumoured to have carried out this one may claim to be Muslims but they certainly aren't. They're brainwashed, radical morons who want any excuse to be violent. Not one part of this attack or 9/11,7/7, Lee Rigby etc could even be justified in the slightest by the religion of Islam so please think before generalising ridiculously.

The attackers are cowardly and embarrassing excuses for human beings who need to try to hide behind something (religion) in order to motivate themselves and others to create an us vs them scenario.

The media and all the generalisations of some that 'all Muslims are evil etc' only adds further fuel to the fire of these sick individuals to insight more violence and stronger beliefs so please think more before writing / passing comment

Great post, what a few people don't understand is that most Muslims hate these cowards as much as the next person, if not more! Every time this happens they have to justify their religion to others. Most muslims feel sick to the stomach about the thought of these radicals doing what they do.

To easy to hide behind.

Your an idiot!!!

Yeah I forgot the largest massacres by man was not by any religious force, but governments or power hungry men. Genghis Khan on his pursuit of power has killed way more then any religion. So religion being the root is like saying paedo is the root cause of men raping.

Oh my God!

Me and Mrs Col were playing on our computers last night and getting pissed at the same time.

Didn't even know this was happening until this morning and switched Sky News on...

How have the French intelligence not picked this one up I wonder?

To those who have done it.... Go to Hell.

To those who have died...RIP.

Yup, and it is exactly what ISIS/the terrorists want. They want people to turn against muslims and more racism so it eventually makes it easier for them to be brainwashed into fighting or at least supporting them. They want a full out holy war.

I hate that the word 'islam' is used. These terrorists use a small orthodox branch of sunni islam to justify their actions to kill and gain power, they kill literally anyone. It is like a tiny branch of Christianity doing this and everyone blaming it entirely on anyone Christian. Meanwhile 1.7 billion people that don't follow this branch and actually follow the teachings of the book live peacefully just like anyone else.

Great post, what a few people don't understand is that most Muslims hate these cowards as much as the next person, if not more! Every time this happens they have to justify their religion to others. Most muslims feel sick to the stomach about the thought of these radicals doing what they do.

The annoying thing is though, those Muslims not taking responsibility for there own, these people come.from there own backyard, brought up through there mosques or from there teachings. Instead they blame British society, like they are the only I ones that suffer from isolation......it's all due to other people, victim mentality.

I think Muslims need to take control. They do a great job of preaching there religion, if they put the same effort in looking for the weak and dejected, I'm sure radical elements would due fairly quickly

Archived