Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

I'm absolutely loving the thought of a first-place Leicester City playing second-place Manchester United, in a late kickoff that should give the fans plenty of time to get fired up, in front of a full and raucous King Power Stadium and a massive worldwide television audience.

In the end, one game might not make all the difference, but this is a huge occasion. Ranieri's boys will absolutely be up for this one--they'll be ready to run through walls come kick-off.

Okay serious question: Who in the Man U team (that played on Sat) on current form would you put into our team?

De Gea - probably

Smalling - maybe

Errr... Jones, Depay... Probably not.

Crazy times!

I expect us to win this game relatively comfortably. Man United do not deserve to have that many points based on how they've played, for them the table lies...

3-1 to us. We will take a 2-0 lead, get pegged back then bag one more.

Okay serious question: Who in the Man U team (that played on Sat) on current form would you put into our team?

De Gea - probably

Smalling - maybe

Crazy times!

De Gea, Smalling, Herera, Mata, Schniderlin

Would have Depay if he would sort out his attitude.

They have good players its just the system that Van gal uses stifles them.

De Gea - probably

Smalling - maybe

Crazy times!

De Gea - definitely!

Smalling - again definitely! (maybe Jones with him as well)

Darmian over Simpson for sure (ok so I'm cheating there a little)

I'd find a space for Mata as well (as no.10 instead of the extra striker in Ulloa)

As good as Drinkwater has been I really rate Schneiderlin as well.

So that team would be...

De Gea

Darmian

Smalling

Jones

Fuchs

Mahrez

Kante

Schneiderlin

Albrighton

Mata

Vardy

Not bad!!

Edit: forgot Herrera as well. He's class. He's not replacing Kante or Albrighton though...

They're second in the league and they have top internationals in every position. If you don't mind I'm still a little afraid of them.

Agreed.  People need to respect them more than being shown.  They are a very good side.  Not like they were in years past, but this Premier League is not like other years.  We re leading and not by luck or by mistake.  I am sure Man U will respect us as we need to be as the league leaders.  what a great test of our real position.

This is the game to give us the real bonfides from the football community if we win or even put in a good performance.

Actually think they are going to approach this with some fear, we are the form side in the country and they are still sorting themselves out. expecting them to come out slow and steady and an 84th minute tap in for Vards will win it for us.

No fear

Umm im sure you must mean #fearless? :) get on board lad.

Individually, their defence looks as dodgy as ours but as a unit, they're pretty solid, helped out by their midfield in a very defensive style. I wonder if the reason Van Gaal has gone so defensive is to ensure that what we did to them last season doesn't happen again. He admits it's his worst moment as manager. While successful teams are generally built on a solid defence, this seems to have come at the expense of their attacking play and to me, they've often looked toothless and more than a little boring. They're still full of good players though so who knows, anything could happen but I'd love to see Vardy run them ragged and watch them disintegrate again as unlikely as it is this time round.

Archived