Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

Concerned they'll raise their game against a good side so expect a 1-1.

That's the really frustrating thing - you just know no-Mark teams like this will raise their game for the biggest game of their season and then disappear into obscurity again. They'll probably roll over for Man City and Arsenal too.

Am I doing it right?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could really do them over again at home ??

This is going to be a great fixture atmosphere will be electric I'm going for a 3-1 Vardy to open the scoring and be a real thorn in Utd's arse all game be superb to get another week at the summit !

Long may we continue to do well !!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could really do them over again at home ??

This is going to be a great fixture atmosphere will be electric I'm going for a 3-1 Vardy to open the scoring and be a real thorn in Utd's arse all game be superb to get another week at the summit !

Long may we continue to do well !!

Problem with a 3-1 lead is you can always end up conceding 4 to the underdog

They are going to struggle to keep us at bay. I hope we aren't quite as naive against them as we were with Arsenal, it was as if we scored too early against them and just didn't know when to sit back and keep calm. It would suit us to keep things ticking over first half and then do what we do best, bull hammer teams 2nd half.

They are going to struggle to keep us at bay. I hope we aren't quite as naive against them as we were with Arsenal, it was as if we scored too early against them and just didn't know when to sit back and keep calm. It would suit us to keep things ticking over first half and then do what we do best, bull hammer teams 2nd half.

I do hope Ranieri's learnt his lesson from the Arsenal game. However, this Manchester United side play a different type of football, more cautious, but also more precise and deadly with their sporadic stings.

It could be a bonus that so many of their first-teamers are likely to miss out on Saturday's game due to injury. Let's see what starting XI they put out against Eindhoven in the Champions League on Wednesday.

I think they'll play similar to how Spurs did against us, boring possession football waiting for a gap to open up. Newcastle were incapable of stringing three or four passes together under pressure but these will be, so we'll have to be careful not to press too high or we'll leave gaps for them to exploit. I can see a tight, tactical battle and if there's a winner it'll be by one goal either way. 

One team I really want to beat is these purely because my brother in law is a huge Yanited armchair fan. Constantly sits in front of his 55 inch tv cheering them on. Sulks for days if they lose and won't have anything bad said about them.

Have been on their red cafe forum and a lot of em don't like Vardy at all. They also reckon Smalling will have him in his back pocket all game.

I really do hope we can wipe the smile off their smug faces. Also, for the fact old big head Van Gaal can chew on his sour grapes again.

"We had the game in our pocket and we threw it away". Oh for more of the same arrogant git.

I think as long as opposing teams and managers alike keep seeing our 'run' as just that - a run of good form, rather than us being a decent team, the longer we'll be around the top.

A lot of our own fans even think the same.

That this bubble will burst, or wheels will come off, and of course at some point there will be a blip.

But no more than a blip.

Out of the six games coming up, I predict 2wins- Swansea and United.

2draws- Everton and Liverpool

2defeats- City and Chelsea.

Maybe this will be enough to keep us in the top four, maybe it won't.

But it won't indicate the downfall of our season. If these are our 'hard' games, then by the very definition, our 'easy games follow.

And how have our easy games played out so far?

Sir Alex Ferguson said that we were the most consistent in the league.

50 points from 22 games is not a good run of form.

It's a decent team playing consistently well and taking points.

United, in that same period have 38.

Yes, the mighty Manchester United, can't compete with our 'run' despite them spending over 200 million in recent seasons.

Despite our managerial change.

It's good to dream and why bloody not when you're sat at the top.

As far as the game on Saturday goes, I know it's a cliché but the first goal is imperative. If we get it, they have to come at us which opens them up a bit.

If they get it they will play 11 behind the ball borefest possession football playing sideways Zzzzzzzzz.

3-1 city....

Some of these comments are too much :appl:

In all honesty this is the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object if you're comparing our attack vs their defence

I cannot wait, but our form can't be diminished. Can just see a second clean sheet in a row

1-0, Vardy

Agreed although I think with the exception of Man City, Arsenal are the only team that were capable of doing that to us.  The way we went all out attack played into Walcott's hands but even then we could have, at one stage, been two or three up.

0-0 at half time then gung ho second half.  Going to be a tense one.

Injury update after today:

Jones and Herrera unavailable for Wednesday, LVG states the injuries aren't too heavy. Herrera has a hamstring injury and Jones twisted his ankle.

Rooney might play on Wednesday, he stayed at home today.

Martial's injury isn't as heavy as the media made it out to be, but he might not play on Wednesday

Wilson got a swollen knee in training

Rojo was benched due to jet lag

We could do with as many of them back for the Leicester game as possible.

Just seen this post on red cafe there are a few saying this. Love the fact they are a bit scared of us. 

Injury update after today:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-early-team-news-for-psv-eindhoven-clash.aspx

Jones and Herrera unavailable for Wednesday, LVG states the injuries aren't too heavy. Herrera has a hamstring injury and Jones twisted his ankle.

Rooney might play on Wednesday, he stayed at home today.

Martial's injury isn't as heavy as the media made it out to be, but he might not play on Wednesday

Wilson got a swollen knee in training

Rojo was benched due to jet lag

We could do with as many of them back for the Leicester game as possible.

Just seen this post on red cafe there are a few saying this. Love the fact they are a bit scared of us.

Who cares who's fit and who isn't... Whatever team they put out they'll get beat!

Hope Martial doesn't play, that cuts down their chances of scoring. Leicester's speed means we should get at least 1.

2-1 City win but hope to be 5 up in the first 15 mins so we can enjoy the rest of the game.

On players who would get into our team?

-----------De Gea---------

-Simpson-Smalling-Huth-Fuchs-

--Mahrez-Kante-Herrera-Mata--

------Martial---Vardy------

That's it really isn't it? Perhaps Blind in place of Huth but that depends on what type of CB partnership you want.

I know Simpson might be controversial but I really don't rate Jones or Rojo at RB.

Hopefully Herrera doesn't play, I'm much more confident against Schneiderlein and Schweinstieger whose legs have gone.

Hopefully Martial doesn't make it either, we can handle Lingard running at us, but probably not Martial.

I wonder if Horseface will be there on Saturday. I know he congratulated JV on equalling his record (surpassing in my eyes, because of less penalties and all in one season!), so it wouldn't surprise me. I can imagine that Sky would get him involved somehow.

I wonder if Horseface will be there on Saturday. I know he congratulated JV on equalling his record (surpassing in my eyes, because of less penalties and all in one season!), so it wouldn't surprise me. I can imagine that Sky would get him involved somehow.

Can't help but feel after the popularity of the record Thanks to Vardy, more in-form players will eye up/be determined to break that run very soon. Hopefully it'll be just one of those things that'll fade away but we'll see.

Archived